D.A.R.E

AuthorMessage
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 13th, 2005 at 05:29pm
hi again:
dare is most stupid thing in the world. they blow the dangers of say, smoking pot, out of preportion. its disgusting how much they lied to me about drugs and alcohol. its all complete crap. and no, no kid will listen to a bunch of lame-ass cops. Rolling Eyes

Um, wow, that was one of the dumbest things I have EVER read.
1. How do they lie to kids? Marijuana is a gateway drug, it gets you into more drugs, it gets you addicted to worse drugs- like they say. It's illegal and people have gone to jail for a life sentance for owning/selling pot- like they say. It harms you physically and mentally- like they say. It's an addiction- like they say. What do they blow out of preportion? Are drugs NOT bad? Hm, interesting. I'll have to correct all of the docters and scientists who have proved otherwise. I'm glad you're here to correct people.
2. Actually, most fifth graders will listen to a guy with a gun.

Kids will make their own decisions about drugs, yes, but DARE tells you facts about drugs. It gives kids information that the smart ones will use to make the right choices in the future.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 13th, 2005 at 05:33pm
Hmm. I Think They Should Do It. But I Don't Think It Works.
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
October 14th, 2005 at 12:46pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Yeah... It might be stupid, ad doesn't work, but doing nothing at all..... Maybe they should come up with a new program, a better one... If they can...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 14th, 2005 at 12:55pm
TheFaggot:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Yeah... It might be stupid, ad doesn't work, but doing nothing at all..... Maybe they should come up with a new program, a better one... If they can...

Yeah.
Use The Shock Tactics!
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 14th, 2005 at 03:26pm
TheFaggot:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

Some schools do have better programs in addition to DARE. Most do, actually, at least that I know about.

I think a lot of people don't think it works, and overrall, no, it doesn't, but it contributes to a lot of kids choices subconsciously. If there was no drug programs in schools, more kids would do drugs, if you instill it in a ten year olds mind that drugs are really bad and get them some facts, later on in life- even if it's totally subconsciosly- they'll know the facts.
another_girl_called_kill
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
another_girl_called_kill
October 14th, 2005 at 09:00pm
i love the fact that cannabis allows extra brain cells - or something,like that to grow - brilliance.!!!
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
October 14th, 2005 at 10:05pm
i had to do dare at school and we had a graduation type thing Rolling Eyes doesnt mean i wont do drugs, ive gotten high before, its the same as what everyone says all they do is tell you not to do drugs, thats all anyone ever says, if people dont listen when anyone else says that theyre not gonna listen when a dare guy says it... i dont think it works at all, and we had to do Slick Tracey for alcohol, stupid comic books about why drinking is bad Rolling Eyes
franzi
franzi
October 18th, 2005 at 01:37pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:
dare is most stupid thing in the world. they blow the dangers of say, smoking pot, out of preportion. its disgusting how much they lied to me about drugs and alcohol. its all complete crap. and no, no kid will listen to a bunch of lame-ass cops. Rolling Eyes

1. How do they lie to kids? Marijuana is a gateway drug, it gets you into more drugs, it gets you addicted to worse drugs- like they say. It's illegal and people have gone to jail for a life sentance for owning/selling pot- like they say. It harms you physically and mentally- like they say. It's an addiction- like they say. What do they blow out of preportion? Are drugs NOT bad? Hm, interesting. I'll have to correct all of the docters and scientists who have proved otherwise. I'm glad you're here to correct people.

Kids will make their own decisions about drugs, yes, but DARE tells you facts about drugs. It gives kids information that the smart ones will use to make the right choices in the future.

we think differently. you cant say that my opinion is stupid. and know your facts before you shoot them out. you CANNOT get addicted to pot. smoking pot is NOT as bad as cigarettes. because there is no nicotine or other shit. and yes they blow everything out of preportion.

and no.. most 5 graders really dont listen to the cop. at least not at the 4 schools i was at.

so
a. know your facts
b. dont think you are better/smarter than other people. because everyone has a different opinion. so think before you type
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 18th, 2005 at 02:03pm
This isn't actually to do with D.A.R.E, but it's about drugs and the information we get given on them.

People are always going to take drugs. It's inevitable. Drugs are there - and so they will be used.
I don't think people should just give information on the bad sides of drugs. It doesn't help. Sure, they should
warn us of the side effects of them, but just pointing out how terrible they are isn't going to stop
people using them.

If people want to be useful, as well as telling us the side effects of drugs, they should also give us
information on the rest of the stuff, like the good bits. They should tell us how to handle drugs and
stuff like that.

I think telling us how to look after ourselves when using drugs and stuff is much more likely to save lives
than just telling us how bad they are.

Adults should teach people how to use drugs safely, because we're going to use them, and it's better to know how to use them and do it safely than not know how to use them and kill yourself.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 18th, 2005 at 05:40pm
hi again:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:

we think differently. you cant say that my opinion is stupid. and know your facts before you shoot them out. you CANNOT get addicted to pot. smoking pot is NOT as bad as cigarettes. because there is no nicotine or other shit. and yes they blow everything out of preportion.

and no.. most 5 graders really dont listen to the cop. at least not at the 4 schools i was at.

so
a. know your facts
b. dont think you are better/smarter than other people. because everyone has a different opinion. so think before you type

lmfao
1. I didn't say anything about your opinion. I said you had your facts wrong.
2. How about YOU learn your facts? Marijuana is addictive if used strictly to get high, but the addiction dies down as your body gets used to it, and then craves heavier drugs.
3. People who smoke pot want a better high, so go on to bigger and more dangerous drugs. Making it a gateway drug. In DARE, they call it a gateway drug. Which it is. Fact. Not opinion. Fact.
4. Then kids at your school need to learn a LOT of crap. And I do mean A LOT.
5. I don't think I'm better or smarter than anyone else. I share my opinions and post what I know like everyone else. You and I are on the same level of decent humanity- at least as far as I know.
6. Read what I say. I never once mentioned your opinion. The only time I came close was agreeing that DARE didn't do much.

So YOU can think before you type, YOU can get your facts, and YOU can get over yourself.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 18th, 2005 at 05:45pm
Snoo:
This isn't actually to do with D.A.R.E, but it's about drugs and the information we get given on them.

People are always going to take drugs. It's inevitable. Drugs are there - and so they will be used.
I don't think people should just give information on the bad sides of drugs. It doesn't help. Sure, they should
warn us of the side effects of them, but just pointing out how terrible they are isn't going to stop
people using them.

If people want to be useful, as well as telling us the side effects of drugs, they should also give us
information on the rest of the stuff, like the good bits. They should tell us how to handle drugs and
stuff like that.

I think telling us how to look after ourselves when using drugs and stuff is much more likely to save lives

Adults should teach people how to use drugs safely, because we're going to use them, and it's better to know how to use them and do it safely than not know how to use them and kill yourself.

So people shouldn't give the facts about drugs being bad? Am I misreading what you posted? Cause I'm getting that adults should say: Use drugs, just use them well.?

What ARE the good bits? You get an hour long high and then crash and you're depressed/tired/sick for a few hours? You get arrested? You die younger than you should? What are the good bits of illegal drugs?

How do you use drugs safely? How do you safely snort? How do you safely inhale a deadly drug? How do you safely inject a needle into your viens?

Using illegal drugs- and legal ones wrongly- is going to get you killed. If you do drugs(unless prescription drugs that WERE prescribed)you're going to kill yourself. How do you get into a situation where the odds are slim to none that you'll live the length of life you should and be doing it safely?
whoa
whoa
October 18th, 2005 at 06:02pm
I don't think that DARE does anything because you aren't going to go around doing drugs in fifth grade, it's possible, but not probable. DARE supposedly teaches kids not to use drugs. But with so much...propaganda on NOT doing drugs, people are bound to do it. That is what I think.
CLANDESTINE.
CLANDESTINE.
October 18th, 2005 at 06:03pm
Actually,i think it just depends on the person. It will effect some people so that they wont and others just dont care.
Im not sure though cause i never went through that program. I know what it is though.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
October 18th, 2005 at 07:08pm
Drugs
Are
Really
Excellent
XD XC
Franny.
Franny.
October 18th, 2005 at 09:38pm
D.A.R.E. exposed me to drugs. like i didn't know there were so many types of drugs, and now i have a knowledge and experience of some of it. so yes, it doesn't prevent kids from doing drugs, it eggs them on.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
October 18th, 2005 at 11:31pm
I don't think it helps anyone... they give you all the risks.. but... that makes you think... if drugs didn't feel good... and everyone knows what they do to you.. why are they taking them?? so.. drugs must feel pretty damn good for someone to sacrifice so much.. Maybe no one else will get the same thing out of the lessons.. I just overanylyze everything...
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 19th, 2005 at 04:28pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Snoo:

people using them.

stuff like that.

So people shouldn't give the facts about drugs being bad? Am I misreading what you posted? Cause I'm getting that adults should say: Use drugs, just use them well.?

What ARE the good bits? You get an hour long high and then crash and you're depressed/tired/sick for a few hours? You get arrested? You die younger than you should? What are the good bits of illegal drugs?

How do you use drugs safely? How do you safely snort? How do you safely inhale a deadly drug? How do you safely inject a needle into your viens?

Using illegal drugs- and legal ones wrongly- is going to get you killed. If you do drugs(unless prescription drugs that WERE prescribed)you're going to kill yourself. How do you get into a situation where the odds are slim to none that you'll live the length of life you should and be doing it safely?
I didn't say they shouldn't include the bad bits. I just said that they should
include the other stuff too because no matter how much thwy try and put everyone
off using drugs, they are still going to be used.

It's better to know EXACTLY what you're getting into, than to just know that 'drugs are bad'
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 19th, 2005 at 06:07pm
Snoo:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Snoo:

people using them.

stuff like that.

I didn't say they shouldn't include the bad bits. I just said that they should
include the other stuff too because no matter how much thwy try and put everyone
off using drugs, they are still going to be used.

It's better to know EXACTLY what you're getting into, than to just know that 'drugs are bad'

Oh. I think it depends on who is your 'instructer.' We got some stuff on more than just pure drug facts.
franzi
franzi
October 20th, 2005 at 05:34pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:

so
a. know your facts

lmfao
2. How about YOU learn your facts? Marijuana is addictive if used strictly to get high, but the addiction dies down as your body gets used to it, and then craves heavier drugs.
3. People who smoke pot want a better high, so go on to bigger and more dangerous drugs. Making it a gateway drug. In DARE, they call it a gateway drug. Which it is. Fact. Not opinion. Fact.
5. I don't think I'm better or smarter than anyone else. I share my opinions and post what I know like everyone else. You and I are on the same level of decent humanity- at least as far as I know.
6. Read what I say. I never once mentioned your opinion. The only time I came close was agreeing that DARE didn't do much.

So YOU can think before you type, YOU can get your facts, and YOU can get over yourself.

the biggest and hardest thing you will ever learn in life is to accept other peoples way of thinking. im not going to talk about this anymore. because thats how i think and, from life experiece, know. and fine. lets say we agree to disagree. because we think differently and *cough* like they say 'arguing on teh internet is like the special olympics, you might win but in the end youre still retarded'
i must be out
-hi again-

ps lmfao you cant get addicted to pot.
Kitti
Kitti
October 20th, 2005 at 08:43pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:

so
a. know your facts

lmfao

alright. im going to address this before i finish reading the thread, because its come up more than once.
first off, cut the hating crap, its not worth it, okay?
second. the majority of my high school smokes pot with the exception of me and a couple of my friends. so heres the deal. pot isnt chemically addictive. psychologically, a little. everyone labels it as a "gateway drug" but marijuana is one of the only drugs you do with your friends. its rare to see a bunch of crack addicts getting high together for the fun of being high with their friends. but nobody (almost nobody) smokes pot alone.
that being said, there have been a lot of studies that show that the DARE program actually causes kids to get involved with drugs and alcohol. but the federal government isnt going to end the program.
yeah, thats about all i have for now.
Register