D.A.R.E

AuthorMessage
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 16th, 2006 at 12:30pm
we do all this drugs education shit in pshe, theyre trying to educate us about it, and its a loada crap, coz it just gets you interested. i never would have considered it, and i still wouldnt, coz ive seen how much damage that kinda stuff can do. a lotta my family smoke, and a close relative recently died from lung cancer. i hate smokers, and a lot of this stuff is a whole lot worse than tobacco.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2006 at 12:33pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
we do all this drugs education shit in pshe, theyre trying to educate us about it, and its a loada crap, coz it just gets you interested. i never would have considered it, and i still wouldnt, coz ive seen how much damage that kinda stuff can do. a lotta my family smoke, and a close relative recently died from lung cancer. i hate smokers, and a lot of this stuff is a whole lot worse than tobacco.

Until you meet every single person who smokes in the world, you shouldnt make such stereotypical Statements. You can hate what they do, but you shouldnt hate them...
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 16th, 2006 at 12:49pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
anti-christ of suburbia:

Until you meet every single person who smokes in the world, you shouldnt make such stereotypical Statements. You can hate what they do, but you shouldnt hate them...
I'm not offended because I can't understand a word in there
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 16th, 2006 at 04:22pm
My dad removed me from DARE in 5th grade because he's of the opinion that a doctor should be teaching the class, not a cop. (I don't know if that's how it's normally done, but here in D Rock Elementary we had the Fuzz come in and teach us about drugs.) I didn't take DARE, and plenty of my friends who did take DARE are potheads. That shows you how well it works...
"Ass-whuppins: The anti-drug." --Huey Freeman.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 16th, 2006 at 10:30pm
dirtyhippie:
My dad removed me from DARE in 5th grade because he's of the opinion that a doctor should be teaching the class, not a cop. (I don't know if that's how it's normally done, but here in D Rock Elementary we had the Fuzz come in and teach us about drugs.) I didn't take DARE, and plenty of my friends who did take DARE are potheads. That shows you how well it works...
the Red Forman approach
"he needs understanding" - Kitty
"he needs a boot in his ass!" - Red
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 18th, 2006 at 03:35pm
spill_no_sick:
dirtyhippie:
the Red Forman approach
"he needs understanding" - Kitty
"he needs a boot in his ass!" - Red
Boot to the head! (mah-mahh...)

I just quoted something that nobody has ever heard of. And I can't even remember the whole sketch. But at any rate...yeah, DARE...hmm.
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
June 18th, 2006 at 05:32pm
No one ever really paid attention to it.
nacho cheese and anarchy
Geek
nacho cheese and anarchy

Mibba
August 7th, 2006 at 02:37pm
the only thing DARE for me was give me a stuffed lion...
schools start in like kindergarten saying drugs are bad...by the time you're a senior...you're still getting the same exact lecture, just with bigger words...i think by now we've got the point.
kid's know if they're going to use drugs or not...no one is going to change their mind...especially some random cop coming in and having us watch an animated movie about a kid doing drugs and a dragon...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 7th, 2006 at 07:52pm
the basic version of this all:
D.A.R.E. is useless at best, at worst it's causing drug increase
that would be okay, except the government pays for it
this is bad for the ecomony
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
August 9th, 2006 at 06:42pm
dirtyhippie:
lol Sam, don't worry, you didn't miss much..

We had those stupid little workbooks though...I hated those!! Kitti
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
August 16th, 2006 at 02:43pm
Obviously it didn't work...

We had D.A.R.E....

Just smoked pot one night ago for the first time... and got drunk two night before that....

So.. nope.
<greendayfan>
Geek
<greendayfan>
August 16th, 2006 at 04:25pm
I took DARE class in 7th. It doesnt help people.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 16th, 2006 at 04:50pm
no, i had a DARE course in like 5 grade and it was the most uneducational thing i've ever had to sit through (that was suposed to be educational)
Sweet Cuppin Cakes
Geek
Sweet Cuppin Cakes
August 23rd, 2006 at 10:35pm
D.A.R.E is so retarted. I can see other people from my class doing drugs when they get older.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
August 23rd, 2006 at 11:34pm
Meh, I went through DARE in fifth grade when most kids don't really think about doing drugs, so it didn't do anything for me really. You learn more about drugs just talking to people. I haven't done drugs before. Alcohol, sure, every so often, but drugs? The closest thing to drugs that I've done is smoked hookah. No program helped me choose against or for this stuff, it's just how I personally feel about all of it, and what I've seen people close to me go through.
B L U E.™
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
B L U E.™
September 7th, 2006 at 11:29am
Does it fuck.
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
September 7th, 2006 at 06:24pm
it's nothing that helps... i got drunk before a lot... didn't help...

IT ISN'T EDUCATIONAL AT ALL.
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
September 18th, 2006 at 10:57pm
*sigh*

Maybe if you would listen to the program.
Maybe I was taught D.A.R.E. differently.

I graduated the D.A.R.E. program twice and participated through the program since I was in grade three. It has kept me away from drugs. Keep in mind, that although we're all being taught the same basic things, that we all have different D.A.R.E officers (where I come from it's officers, I dont know about you) that teach differently.
I also live in a very heavily meth-invested community. Many of my friends are in SRS Custody because their parents are either in jail or unsuitable parents because of meth addiction. My town has no money because of welfare they have to pay because of all the addicts living here. Of course, D.A.R.E. isn't my entire reasoning for staying away from drugs, but it has influenced my choice to stay away from them.
You all say that it does no help because no one cares or pays attention. Well maybe if people would have payed attention in D.A.R.E class, then maybe there wouldn't be so much trouble in the world with drugs and addictions. Maybe if when the druggies were going through the program, if they weren't worried about being rebelious and cool there wouldn't have to be a program we put children through to keep them away from drugs at a young age.

D.A.R.E might not help you because you don't listen.
Drugs and not listening to D.A.R.E doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look ignorent.
Ghostie.
Geek
Ghostie.

Blog
January 7th, 2007 at 12:11am
No offence to anyone, but DARE sucks. I mean, come on! Basically, it teaches kids how to use drugs. How to use them, where to buy them, they're names, how much they cost, etc. Not only do they take time out of normal classes to teach us about drugs, but the classes are taught by uncertified police men. Cops arent certified teachers! Techinically, they arent allowed to teach. But, my rant is over. >_<
Peter Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
January 7th, 2007 at 06:24am
Is it an American program? I live in England, and we've possibly had just one drugs education class ever. I'm now 17, that's about 1 class in 5 years. A police officer had us make spider diagrams about what drugs do, and then showed us examples of every drug and what can be used to take them! (All made from plastic, but jeez...) It didn't make me want to take drugs, I didn't really care either way.
Register