D.A.R.E

AuthorMessage
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 20th, 2005 at 09:37pm
EternallyYours-yah right-:
Drug Abuse Resistance Education.

Do you think it helps kids from doing drugs?

I don't. Personally I have to say that when I went through the D.A.R.E program a few years ago I got a little more interested in drugs. I've never tried drugs and I never will, but it kind of makes you think "Wow. Just something like that can make you THAT happy?" I think that they shouldn't tell you the "good" things that drugs do to you and just the bad and eventually as generations by generations go into school and go through the program they won't know what the "good" things the drugs do to you are.

i don't have access to drugs... and i have friends who won't let me do them. so i cant Sad
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 20th, 2005 at 09:38pm
hi again:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
hi again:
dare is most stupid thing in the world. they blow the dangers of say, smoking pot, out of preportion. its disgusting how much they lied to me about drugs and alcohol. its all complete crap. and no, no kid will listen to a bunch of lame-ass cops. Rolling Eyes

Um, wow, that was one of the dumbest things I have EVER read.
1. How do they lie to kids? Marijuana is a gateway drug, it gets you into more drugs, it gets you addicted to worse drugs- like they say. It's illegal and people have gone to jail for a life sentance for owning/selling pot- like they say. It harms you physically and mentally- like they say. It's an addiction- like they say. What do they blow out of preportion? Are drugs NOT bad? Hm, interesting. I'll have to correct all of the docters and scientists who have proved otherwise. I'm glad you're here to correct people.
2. Actually, most fifth graders will listen to a guy with a gun.

Kids will make their own decisions about drugs, yes, but DARE tells you facts about drugs. It gives kids information that the smart ones will use to make the right choices in the future.

we think differently. you cant say that my opinion is stupid. and know your facts before you shoot them out. you CANNOT get addicted to pot. smoking pot is NOT as bad as cigarettes. because there is no nicotine or other shit. and yes they blow everything out of preportion.

and no.. most 5 graders really dont listen to the cop. at least not at the 4 schools i was at.

so
a. know your facts
b. dont think you are better/smarter than other people. because everyone has a different opinion. so think before you type

lmfao
1. I didn't say anything about your opinion. I said you had your facts wrong.
2. How about YOU learn your facts? Marijuana is addictive if used strictly to get high, but the addiction dies down as your body gets used to it, and then craves heavier drugs.
3. People who smoke pot want a better high, so go on to bigger and more dangerous drugs. Making it a gateway drug. In DARE, they call it a gateway drug. Which it is. Fact. Not opinion. Fact.
4. Then kids at your school need to learn a LOT of crap. And I do mean A LOT.
5. I don't think I'm better or smarter than anyone else. I share my opinions and post what I know like everyone else. You and I are on the same level of decent humanity- at least as far as I know.
6. Read what I say. I never once mentioned your opinion. The only time I came close was agreeing that DARE didn't do much.

So YOU can think before you type, YOU can get your facts, and YOU can get over yourself.

the biggest and hardest thing you will ever learn in life is to accept other peoples way of thinking. im not going to talk about this anymore. because thats how i think and, from life experiece, know. and fine. lets say we agree to disagree. because we think differently and *cough* like they say 'arguing on teh internet is like the special olympics, you might win but in the end youre still retarded'
i must be out
-hi again-

ps lmfao you cant get addicted to pot.

that was mean about the special olympics Sad
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 05:03pm
If a five year old did it...they would believe that shit and think,"Hey..I'm never gonna do drugs!"
That's what I was like when I was 5. Now I'm 12...and I think it's possible that I could do drugs later on in my life. I don't want to get addicted...but knowing me, I'll probably do some when I'm depressed (which I'm usually not) and then get addicted. Temptation nearly always wins over resistance.
GREENDAYHOLIDAY
Idiot
GREENDAYHOLIDAY
October 22nd, 2005 at 11:19pm
it makes me wana do drugs
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
October 23rd, 2005 at 09:44am
DARE dosen't help anyone.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
October 23rd, 2005 at 10:41am
eberneezer_egghead:

You can't say that. It helps some people. Not everyone, and it probably does nothing with the majority, but it helps some people.
It's been said several times on here: It depends on the person
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 23rd, 2005 at 12:23pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
eberneezer_egghead:

You can't say that. It helps some people. Not everyone, and it probably does nothing with the majority, but it helps some people.

Yup, I agree. It helps with some people. But I don't think they should do it because it would make most people want to take drugs.
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
October 23rd, 2005 at 02:58pm
D.A.R.E. basically seems the same to me as other drug-free programs out there. there's not too much of a difference between them.
staceface
Geek
staceface
October 23rd, 2005 at 06:58pm
im wearing a DARE t-shirt rite now....but they can help at least one out of 7 ppl....cuz they do resemble a lot of the other drug and alcohol programs out there
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
November 5th, 2005 at 01:35pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
eberneezer_egghead:

Yeah, it helps some people, but the majority of the kids that I went through DARE with were just like "oh fun... we have to listen to a guy talk about drugs for an hour." (something like an hour.. i forget now)
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
November 5th, 2005 at 02:24pm
At my school we went through a program called G.R.E.A.T. Gang Resistance Education and Training. No one learned anything, all it was, was time off from Math class every Friday for two months.
Fuck A Dog.
Jackass
Fuck A Dog.
November 5th, 2005 at 03:18pm
it doesn't help, because if they're telling us not to do drugs, we're most likely going to try it because they said not. or, we're just gona try it because they're saying it's really bad, and we just want to make sure, and we get addicted.

but D.A.R.E. stands for:
Drugs Are Really Evil dude
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 5th, 2005 at 07:39pm
I found DARE to be a piece of shit. I had to take it twice, once in the eighth grade and once in the sixth. The program was the exact same both times.
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
November 5th, 2005 at 08:05pm
Dare helps put shit into the kids heads about what not to do but atleast half of them later on in life will go off and do drugs.
State Radio
State Radio
April 21st, 2006 at 05:56pm
Interesting Fact: Our D.A.R.E. teacher is a police officer. He was recently arrested and fired for molesting a girl after class. HmmMMmmMmm...
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 21st, 2006 at 11:33pm
I don't remember didly squat from dare. the only thing I remember is that "You Don't Want to Be Like The 7 Dwarves Because they show all the affects of cocaine use"
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
April 21st, 2006 at 11:52pm
One of my camp friends said they had to make DARE songs about not doing drugs and the best one got a t-shirt.

I've never been through DARE but in 7th grade we take "issues" for half the year about drugs and smoking. All i learned is that mtv has wayyy to many shows about drug dealers (every tb show we wathced was on mtv)
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 22nd, 2006 at 06:20am
i think it teachers make a fuss about kids not doing drugs and say that thye're awful, that'll just make the kids want to go out and try them.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
April 22nd, 2006 at 01:39pm
Never heard of D.A.R.E. before now...
I don't know. I mean, if kids are told not to do something, they probably will. Scare them half to death, a lot of them would just do it anyway. Really, all you can do is hope kids won't do drugs. When I had a big talk about drugs from my teacher, I thought, well...I might try weed. One day. With people who've done it before. But I wouldn't do anything worse.
So it isn't really useful.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
April 23rd, 2006 at 05:49pm
DARE- in a nutshell:
DON'T SMOKE POT!!
now I'm gonna show you were to get it, how to roll a joint and how to smoke it.XD
Yeah really effective
Register