High Fidelity
Falling In Love With The Board
High Fidelity
April 6th, 2008 at 06:14pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:
Color Me Impressed:
EL! (off topic) I was in FYE yesterday any they were playing Motorcycle Drive-By. Ahbrow Made me so happy. Retard

EEEE! 3EB!! I want to see them when they're in the city. THey're playing 2 dates! But both days I have softball games. UGH. Softball ruins my life.
I was gonna see them at the Tropicana in Atlantic City but my dad's going to be on a sailing trip and it's my best friend's sweet sixteen. Cheese

Aw that sucks. But at least you'll have fun at the sweet sixteen.
and it sucks that i can't go too because I'm done with school then since they're here april 29 and 30 and my last exam is april 28. Sad oh well. i'm sure theyr'e around besides I don't like their new stuff. i can't get into it.
Never Let You Go is the newest I've heard. lmfao Yeah, still stuck in the 90's. Anyway, I'm sure they'll come around again.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 6th, 2008 at 09:07pm
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:
Janie Jones:

and I can try to get the reviews up here tonight, I might just copy and paste the whole thing because I don't feel like scanning them Laughing
Ahbrow Yay! I'll check back later.

And it's all good, half my friends offer me drugs wheter I ask or not. lmfao

HA! seriously? My friend's brother saw pictures of us from facebook and assumed we were smoking pot on the roof and then told her he would get her stuff if she wanted. I told her to seize the opportunity unfortuantely she doesn't have high hopes of becoming a pot head like i do. RATS.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 6th, 2008 at 09:08pm
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:
Color Me Impressed:
EL! (off topic) I was in FYE yesterday any they were playing Motorcycle Drive-By. Ahbrow Made me so happy. Retard

EEEE! 3EB!! I want to see them when they're in the city. THey're playing 2 dates! But both days I have softball games. UGH. Softball ruins my life.
I was gonna see them at the Tropicana in Atlantic City but my dad's going to be on a sailing trip and it's my best friend's sweet sixteen. Cheese

Aw that sucks. But at least you'll have fun at the sweet sixteen.
and it sucks that i can't go too because I'm done with school then since they're here april 29 and 30 and my last exam is april 28. Sad oh well. i'm sure theyr'e around besides I don't like their new stuff. i can't get into it.
Never Let You Go is the newest I've heard. lmfao Yeah, still stuck in the 90's. Anyway, I'm sure they'll come around again.

I figured since I was obsessing over them so much I would download their CDs from torrent sites and I tried to listen to them but I just can't get into them. I ike the 4 songs I listen to on repeat.... thank you very much.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 6th, 2008 at 09:17pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:
Janie Jones:

and I can try to get the reviews up here tonight, I might just copy and paste the whole thing because I don't feel like scanning them Laughing
Ahbrow Yay! I'll check back later.

And it's all good, half my friends offer me drugs wheter I ask or not. lmfao

HA! seriously? My friend's brother saw pictures of us from facebook and assumed we were smoking pot on the roof and then told her he would get her stuff if she wanted. I told her to seize the opportunity unfortuantely she doesn't have high hopes of becoming a pot head like i do. RATS.

lmfao Yeah, my friends are an odd bunch too, although most of them are more likely to talk to the voices in their heads than offer me drugs.

STONER U!!
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 6th, 2008 at 09:18pm
Oh and here is the Ziggy review:

From the Vault - Ziggy Stardust

Creating a memorable onstage persona is one of the hallmarks of a true rock star. Many frontmen – Joey Ramone and Johnny Rotten, to name a few – have done it, but few have reinvented themselves as completely and effectively as David Bowie in 1972. Bowie explored an experimental art rock sound on his first four albums, earning himself critical acclaim and a small but devoted fanbase. He completely redefined himself for his fifth album – as an alien, no less. Calling himself Ziggy Stardust and renaming his backing band The Spiders from Mars, Bowie created the story of a space invader who comes to earth to save mankind and become a rock star. On paper, this sounds absurd, but the songwriting in The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is clever, earnest and melodic, elevating the record from an interesting idea to one of the greatest concept albums ever written.

Ziggy Stardust opens with an announcement of a coming apocalypse: “Five Years.” Bowie narrates the first minute or so of the song with a quiet, resigned tone, but by the end his voice is cracking as he repeats “Five years/that’s all we’ve got!” sounding desperate and disbelieving. Luckily for planet Earth, salvation is on the horizon by track four, “Starman.” According to the lyrics, “There’s a starman waiting in the sky/he’d like to come and meet us, but he thinks he’d blow our minds.” Most listeners assume that this is Ziggy Stardust, who is introduced in “Moonage Daydream” as a typical carefree rock star. This seems likely, since the only people who hear about the “starman” who can save the world are kids who happen to be listening to the radio at the right time. In fact, the song is sung from the point of view of one of the kids who hears the strange radio broadcast and calls a friend to figure out what is going on.

From that point, Ziggy and his Spiders from Mars become international superstars with legions of adoring fans, brightening the lives of kids who wish they could be glamorous space invaders, too. “It Ain’t Easy” and “Star” are some of the best songs ever written about the rock star life. One of the most oddly moving moments occurs during “Lady Stardust.” The song describes one of Ziggy’s shows, and in the chorus what seems to be an entire audience sings, “And it was all right/the band was all together/and it was all right/the song went on forever,” capturing the power music has to bring people together regardless of any differences they may have. Sadly, perfection rarely lasts. Three songs later, in “Ziggy Stardust,” the Spiders from Mars seem to have tired of their frontman’s antics, and the band breaks up.

Ziggy’s story ends with “Rock and Roll Suicide,” where Bowie sounds like a burned-out, world-weary man trying to accept that he is past his prime as a star. Dying young is one of the most glamorous things a rock star can do, as exemplified by the status Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and other musicians gained after their premature demises. So although it is never explicitly stated that Ziggy commits “rock and roll suicide,” the implication was enough to make him a Christ-like figure in the eyes of fans and critics. The fact that he comes from outer space to save humanity only adds to the analogy, though it is never clear if he actually rescues the world from destruction after the aforementioned five years.

Whether Bowie actually meant his alter ego to symbolize Jesus Christ or just his own feelings of alienation, Ziggy Stardust cemented his place in rock history. Ziggy inspired countless Bowie fans to learn guitar and play in their own bands, most notably Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious. The album’s mix of glam, hard rock and art rock is also a clear influence on modern bands such as the Smashing Pumpkins. Unlike his alter ego, David Bowie is still recording music and making occasional appearances at music award shows. He has written a wealth of memorable music in his lifetime, but Ziggy Stardust will always define his legacy.

I'll find the 'Mats one in a bit...
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 6th, 2008 at 10:18pm
Janie Jones:

lmfao Yeah, my friends are an odd bunch too, although most of them are more likely to talk to the voices in their heads than offer me drugs.

STONER U!!

HUSH. STONER U FOR THE WIN.
My friend and I are arguing over who's cooler. Her mascot is the Mules mine is the Catamounts. HAHA.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 7th, 2008 at 04:14pm
Janie Jones:

Creating a memorable onstage persona is one of the hallmarks of a true rock star. Many frontmen – Joey Ramone and Johnny Rotten, to name a few – have done it, but few have reinvented themselves as completely and effectively as David Bowie in 1972. Bowie explored an experimental art rock sound on his first four albums, earning himself critical acclaim and a small but devoted fanbase. He completely redefined himself for his fifth album – as an alien, no less. Calling himself Ziggy Stardust and renaming his backing band The Spiders from Mars, Bowie created the story of a space invader who comes to earth to save mankind and become a rock star. On paper, this sounds absurd, but the songwriting in The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is clever, earnest and melodic, elevating the record from an interesting idea to one of the greatest concept albums ever written.

Ziggy Stardust opens with an announcement of a coming apocalypse: “Five Years.” Bowie narrates the first minute or so of the song with a quiet, resigned tone, but by the end his voice is cracking as he repeats “Five years/that’s all we’ve got!” sounding desperate and disbelieving. Luckily for planet Earth, salvation is on the horizon by track four, “Starman.” According to the lyrics, “There’s a starman waiting in the sky/he’d like to come and meet us, but he thinks he’d blow our minds.” Most listeners assume that this is Ziggy Stardust, who is introduced in “Moonage Daydream” as a typical carefree rock star. This seems likely, since the only people who hear about the “starman” who can save the world are kids who happen to be listening to the radio at the right time. In fact, the song is sung from the point of view of one of the kids who hears the strange radio broadcast and calls a friend to figure out what is going on.

From that point, Ziggy and his Spiders from Mars become international superstars with legions of adoring fans, brightening the lives of kids who wish they could be glamorous space invaders, too. “It Ain’t Easy” and “Star” are some of the best songs ever written about the rock star life. One of the most oddly moving moments occurs during “Lady Stardust.” The song describes one of Ziggy’s shows, and in the chorus what seems to be an entire audience sings, “And it was all right/the band was all together/and it was all right/the song went on forever,” capturing the power music has to bring people together regardless of any differences they may have. Sadly, perfection rarely lasts. Three songs later, in “Ziggy Stardust,” the Spiders from Mars seem to have tired of their frontman’s antics, and the band breaks up.

Ziggy’s story ends with “Rock and Roll Suicide,” where Bowie sounds like a burned-out, world-weary man trying to accept that he is past his prime as a star. Dying young is one of the most glamorous things a rock star can do, as exemplified by the status Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and other musicians gained after their premature demises. So although it is never explicitly stated that Ziggy commits “rock and roll suicide,” the implication was enough to make him a Christ-like figure in the eyes of fans and critics. The fact that he comes from outer space to save humanity only adds to the analogy, though it is never clear if he actually rescues the world from destruction after the aforementioned five years.

Whether Bowie actually meant his alter ego to symbolize Jesus Christ or just his own feelings of alienation, Ziggy Stardust cemented his place in rock history. Ziggy inspired countless Bowie fans to learn guitar and play in their own bands, most notably Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious. The album’s mix of glam, hard rock and art rock is also a clear influence on modern bands such as the Smashing Pumpkins. Unlike his alter ego, David Bowie is still recording music and making occasional appearances at music award shows. He has written a wealth of memorable music in his lifetime, but Ziggy Stardust will always define his legacy.

Cheese That's so good, it hurt. I wish I could write like you... wow... that was just... jeez.

Brava. Clap
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 7th, 2008 at 04:15pm
The Fool On The Hill:

I figured since I was obsessing over them so much I would download their CDs from torrent sites and I tried to listen to them but I just can't get into them. I ike the 4 songs I listen to on repeat.... thank you very much.
I love their self-titled, minus 2 or 3 songs. That album just rocks. tehe
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 7th, 2008 at 04:16pm
The Fool On The Hill:

I told my one friend the other night that I've been having a hard time sleeping (I have), and he goes "you know what'll fix that? Weed. Want some? I can hook you up with some" lmfao I was like "nahhh, I'll pass Wink"
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 7th, 2008 at 04:48pm
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:

Cheese That's so good, it hurt. I wish I could write like you... wow... that was just... jeez.

Brava. Clap

Wow, thank you Retard

I guess it's a good thing I want to go into music journalism then? tehe
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 7th, 2008 at 04:49pm
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:

I told my one friend the other night that I've been having a hard time sleeping (I have), and he goes "you know what'll fix that? Weed. Want some? I can hook you up with some" lmfao I was like "nahhh, I'll pass Wink"

Laughing Nothing like unorthodox medication...aw, hopefully you can find a more legal way to sleep!
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 7th, 2008 at 05:41pm
Janie Jones:

Wow, thank you Retard

Definitely. Con I wanted to do that at first, but then I realized there's no way I could write all the time. I don't enjoy writing enough. Now I'm pretty sure I either want to DJ or open a record store. Fizz
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 7th, 2008 at 05:42pm
Janie Jones:
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:

Laughing Nothing like unorthodox medication...aw, hopefully you can find a more legal way to sleep!
Yeah, I mean, I love the kid, but he's the biggest stoner ever. That's how he copes with EVERYTHING. lmfao I've been taking Melatonin on and off, which is an herbal supplement. You can get it at the food store or Trader Joe's. Yay for sleeping the legal way. Up
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 7th, 2008 at 10:17pm
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:

Wow, thank you Retard

Definitely. Con I wanted to do that at first, but then I realized there's no way I could write all the time. I don't enjoy writing enough. Now I'm pretty sure I either want to DJ or open a record store. Fizz

Oh dude. I so want to work in a record store Cheese I'll work for you! To support myself until I get a legitimate writing job Very Happy
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 7th, 2008 at 10:22pm
AH! Me too Kristy! I'll be like a distributor or some shit. I would totally work with you tehe We can co-own a store.. KRISTY AND EL INC. Or some shit like that lmfao.

Midgets aren't cool enough to own record stores Hand
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
April 7th, 2008 at 10:25pm
The Fool On The Hill:
AH! Me too Kristy! I'll be like a distributor or some shit. I would totally work with you tehe We can co-own a store.. KRISTY AND EL INC. Or some shit like that lmfao.

Beyotch, I am rooting for your Devils in the first round here, I think I deserve some kindness Hand And I'm happy enough to work there and be the cool kid who's like "mmhm, their second album...not quite their best work, but it has a rawer sound their later records lack..." Coffee
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 7th, 2008 at 10:40pm
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:

Beyotch, I am rooting for your Devils in the first round here, I think I deserve some kindness Hand And I'm happy enough to work there and be the cool kid who's like "mmhm, their second album...not quite their best work, but it has a rawer sound their later records lack..." Coffee

Yeah only so that the Penguins can beat them? DENIED!

I can see you with your glasses rubbing your chin and be like "hmmm... "
College is going to get me far in life lmfao.

OH! Does anyone have Foxboro Hot Tubs stuff? I've decided I really like Mother Mary.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 7th, 2008 at 10:42pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:

OH! Does anyone have Foxboro Hot Tubs stuff? I've decided I really like Mother Mary.
I downloaded the EP when it was originally free, and I just started listening to it on and off. Pretty good. Up
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 7th, 2008 at 10:43pm
The Fool On The Hill:

lmfao We're such music nerds. Fizz We should all open a record store, it would be like High Fidelity. Razz
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
April 7th, 2008 at 10:57pm
Color Me Impressed:
The Fool On The Hill:
Janie Jones:
The Fool On The Hill:

I downloaded the EP when it was originally free, and I just started listening to it on and off. Pretty good. Up

Yeah I was only able to get Mother Mary free. I'm sure Laur or Emu have it but eh.. I don't go on TPDC anymore.
Register