Sinning

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 30th, 2005 at 04:06pm
It all depends on what value you place on life. I personally regard taking away another life (without their consent) as the worst crime or 'Sin' you could commit. But what we do doesn't matter, in my opinion. People like rapists, child abusers, murderers....they all get their comeuppance, be it in this life or the next (depending on what your views are on this). Or at least i can hope.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 30th, 2005 at 04:12pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
But then, in the meantime, what can we do about murder? A lot of people disagree with it, but some don't.
So do we make a law for the majority, OR the minority?

Majority rules, minority rights....That shit never works.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 30th, 2005 at 08:28pm
I came to the conclusion a while ago while reading George Carlin that any justice system is inherently wrong. You cannot legislate any type of morality; saying murder is wrong goes against the tenets of serial killers. Who's right? Even if they are clinically insane, what does that mean? The "clinic" desides what is "clinically insane." It could mean anything. So justice as a governmental duty is an impossibility. That's why we need more god-damn vigivlantes running around. Batman, bitches, what?!
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
December 1st, 2005 at 06:37am
i learn from my victorys n mistakes...i don't think i've sinned...wlel, maybe with swearing lol...n lying but that doesn't matter...sin IS natural. it's those damn ppl that say sinning is wrong...i have nothing against religion or whatever...but sinning is natural...n i'l stick with what i'vesaydVery Happy
Trouble Bound Castaway
Falling In Love With The Board
Trouble Bound Castaway
December 1st, 2005 at 05:13pm
Well, from my religious point of view, sinning really isn't a problem. Not to offend the Catholics, Lutharians, etc. But Christianity is just the right religion. Bewcause what I believe in is that if you do ask Jesus into your heart, then your sins wouldn't matter. Also, I'm sorry to say. if someone, say, a people who committed suicide or maybe abused others like children and if they were born again, then they wouldn't really go to Hell for it.

But with my political views, which I'm not a political person, is that you still have to obey the law of the land and whatnot, which there's still thge laws, fines, jailtimes, etc....
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 1st, 2005 at 06:20pm
Trouble Bound Castaway:
Well, from my religious point of view, sinning really isn't a problem. Not to offend the Catholics, Lutharians, etc. But Christianity is just the right religion. Bewcause what I believe in is that if you do ask Jesus into your heart, then your sins wouldn't matter. Also, I'm sorry to say. if someone, say, a people who committed suicide or maybe abused others like children and if they were born again, then they wouldn't really go to Hell for it.

But with my political views, which I'm not a political person, is that you still have to obey the law of the land and whatnot, which there's still thge laws, fines, jailtimes, etc....

Confused
Catholics ARE Christians...
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 1st, 2005 at 06:49pm
Why do Christians feel the need to divide themselves up into so many groups? So many damn schisms, it's impossible to keep track of them all. If someone can actually tell me that, beyond acceptance of the Pope, there are actually differences between these "different faiths" I'm unaware of, I will be in his/her debt.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 1st, 2005 at 07:01pm
[Death Magick For Adepts]:
Trouble Bound Castaway:

Confused

so are Lutherens.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 1st, 2005 at 07:03pm
NeoSteph:
Trouble Bound Castaway:

Confused

so are Lutherens.

Don't really know much about that though...okay I'll be honest..I've never even HEARD of Lutherens before lmfao
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 1st, 2005 at 07:04pm
dirtyhippie:
Why do Christians feel the need to divide themselves up into so many groups? So many damn schisms, it's impossible to keep track of them all. If someone can actually tell me that, beyond acceptance of the Pope, there are actually differences between these "different faiths" I'm unaware of, I will be in his/her debt.

There not really divided, obviously there are major break downs of christian communication, Ireland for example.

But different sub-genres of Christianity just mean different ways of practising the same beliefs, Mormons are very strict and follow the bible code to code genrally the old testament, where evangelicals like you to use a more vibrant way of celebrating christ for example song and dance.
Catholisism is messed up on so many levels, but they have the same beliefs as protestants except for holding Mary in a light they shouldn't.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 1st, 2005 at 07:07pm
NeoSteph:
dirtyhippie:

There not really divided, obviously there are major break downs of christian communication, Ireland for example.

But different sub-genres of Christianity just mean different ways of practising the same beliefs, Mormons are very strict and follow the bible code to code genrally the old testament, where evangelicals like you to use a more vibrant way of celebrating christ for example song and dance.
Catholisism is messed up on so many levels, but they have the same beliefs as protestants except for holding Mary in a light they shouldn't.
My dad wrote a song called "Virgin Mary in a Grilled Cheese Sandwich" a while ago....
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 1st, 2005 at 07:10pm
NeoSteph:
Trouble Bound Castaway:

Confused

so are Lutherens.

Don't really know much about that though...okay I'll be honest..I've never even HEARD of Lutherens before lmfao

Lutherism was the first stage of Evangelical churches, they follow an orthodox protestant stand point, and is one of the oldest protestant churches.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 1st, 2005 at 07:14pm
dirtyhippie:
NeoSteph:
dirtyhippie:

My dad wrote a song called "Virgin Mary in a Grilled Cheese Sandwich" a while ago....

I have the 'hail mary' burned into my brain, 6 and half years of R.Catholic school will do that to you.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
December 1st, 2005 at 07:44pm
Do the nuns still use rulers?
The_Gunslinger
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The_Gunslinger
December 2nd, 2005 at 07:58am
sining like listening to that devil music Green Day EEEEVVVVIIILLLL!!!!!
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 2nd, 2005 at 09:41am
The_Gunslinger:
you're so retarded
you have a one sided opinion, so be more open or shut the hell up
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 2nd, 2005 at 10:49am
dirtyhippie:

Depends on which convent you go to. When my mum went to school she got whipped a few times...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 2nd, 2005 at 10:56am
dirtyhippie:

no it's illegal in britain to hit a child.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 2nd, 2005 at 10:58am
The_Gunslinger:

If you can't take these topics seriously, then i suggest you leave NOW.

No one wants your comments here.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
December 2nd, 2005 at 05:36pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Pretty Like Drugs:
s0dapop_and_ritalin:
Spirit Of '77:
most people will tell you that sinning is wrong, because for something to be considered a "sin" it would have to be considered "wrong". but yet, what is or isn't a sin is decided by the individual. so we're most likely not going to see most of the things we do as "sins".

there are things in the world that are just morally wrong and everyone knows it. its not a question of individual preference. chances are most people know what is sin and what is not.
unless you know for a fact that that is the way everyone thinks, I don't think you should say something like that. She's right, everyone has different ideas/perspectives/values and beliefs. You're right to some extent, there are a few things that are widely recognised as wrong, such as murder, rape etc, but you just can't speak for everyone.

well ya like those people in iraq that abuse their wives and stuff. it may be ok to them and not a sin, but in reality it is a sin.
your reality may not be someone else's reality

And my reality is that that digusts me.
Why marry a woman if you can't treat her right? GAH!

ya exactly. and everyone except the iraq people who do it probably think so too. therefore its a universal truth that you shouldnt abuse youre wife or abuse anyone. and so it is a sin, despite what the iraqi people think.
Register