The End...

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:27pm
Vader_Darth:
sorry if this has been metioned I just can't be tailed to read the whole topic, I know lazy arnt I.

I think people who say the world is gonna end soon even in 3000 is kinda stupid, no offence, but the world is gonna end when the sun does, ghe sun has a life of about 100,000 years and since its lived for 50,000 years,I'm afraid we've still got 50,000 years to go.

Where then was the Sun 500, 000 years ago? Confused
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
January 23rd, 2006 at 12:38pm
Trouble Bound Castaway:
*Blue Star*Duj0indisguise:
*new_age_provo*:
Sheepo@_@:
Your Christian right?
Well you know how Christ ressurected on the 3rd day? It also says in Gods eyes 1 day for him equals 1000 in ours.
So I think the world will not end but you know he'll come back sometime in 3000 something or other. But thats just something I noticed.

Actually it says that 1 day for god equals 1000 days in ours and that 1000 days for god equals 1 day....as to point out that god isnt bonded to time...
God is so powerful that time doesnt affect him and he can overrule time when he wants to

My ex-teacher said he'd come back soon. 1000 years doesn't really seem like soon though, does it?
Well either way, we're pretty much fucked.

We're always fucked. I believe that the whole world is fucked. Human life.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
January 23rd, 2006 at 01:57pm
Nahhh.
I don't think the world will end for thousands of years yet. And I think when it does, it will be because of us...you know, pollution, o-zone layer and that crap. We just won't be able to carry on, and I think it will just..blow up. And then probably in millions of years civilization will rebuild itself...
OK. Yeah. So, no, not for a long, long time yet.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:25pm
*-_Waiting_-*:
Nahhh.
I don't think the world will end for thousands of years yet. And I think when it does, it will be because of us...you know, pollution, o-zone layer and that crap. We just won't be able to carry on, and I think it will just..blow up. And then probably in millions of years civilization will rebuild itself...
Of course that doesn't mean that we should keep doing what we're doing to the planet, we're just speeding it up.

We're going to sweat ourselves to death because we used too much spray deodorant. Heheh, irony.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:32pm
dirtyhippie:
*-_Waiting_-*:
Nahhh.
Of course that doesn't mean that we should keep doing what we're doing to the planet, we're just speeding it up.

We're going to sweat ourselves to death because we used too much spray deodorant. Heheh, irony.

Ha ha.
Douglas Adams?
I seem to recall...Confused
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:34pm
Naw, Animorphs. Weird sci fi for teens.

Douglas Adams just decided to blow up the world after 10 pages or so.
Kitti
Kitti
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:36pm
dirtyhippie:
Naw, Animorphs. Weird sci fi for teens.

Douglas Adams just decided to blow up the world after 10 pages or so.

No, I know that, I did read Hitchhiker, after all. It seems that he said something in one of the sequels about aerosol deodorant and the planet being left inhabitable. It's all a bit fuzzy, though. Confused
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:43pm
Dunno, haven't read the series in years...
Laurie*L.
Geek
Laurie*L.
January 24th, 2006 at 03:48pm
I've heard this before,cause I was raised in christian church,but now I'm sick of ppl telling me I should prepare,but I'm sorry,I dont want to hide under my bed for the rest of my life.I get so pissed everything is so uncertain. Mad
DirntyMilf
Idiot
DirntyMilf
January 24th, 2006 at 04:06pm
Laurie*L.:
I've heard this before,cause I was raised in christian church,but now I'm sick of ppl telling me I should prepare,but I'm sorry,I dont want to hide under my bed for the rest of my life.I get so pissed everything is so uncertain. Mad

Don't hide under your bed, there's no need. All God wants is for us to be saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you repent of sin and accept Jesus as your Saviour, then you will have your place in Heaven when the time comes. God has given us free will to choose whether to accept Christ or not, but He loves us all and would like all of us to be saved.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
January 24th, 2006 at 04:12pm
Well that thing about saving us, I have difficulties swallowing it.
I just don't beleive things coming from the church.
I had no problems believing God could exist, somewhere inside of us.
But too much crap came all around that.
But that is my own opinion.
If something really happens to clear the human race from the face of the globe, it's because we will have been abusers. (sp?)
So. It's all I can say.
DirntyMilf
Idiot
DirntyMilf
January 24th, 2006 at 04:43pm
MikeLvr:
Well that thing about saving us, I have difficulties swallowing it.
I just don't beleive things coming from the church.
I had no problems believing God could exist, somewhere inside of us.
But too much crap came all around that.
But that is my own opinion.
If something really happens to clear the human race from the face of the globe, it's because we will have been abusers. (sp?)
So. It's all I can say.

See, that's what I meant about free will. You have chosen to believe how you wanted to, and I have my own beliefs. Your's works for you, and I don't know any other way to believe but that God is the Great Creator, and that Jesus is my Saviour who died for my sins. I don't force it on anyone, but I do speak my mind about it because it says in the Bible to spread the Gospel to all the world. There's no way I can say, "Oh, you have to believe what I do or you're doomed." But I hope you look into it and make an educated choice of how you want to live. That's all.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
January 25th, 2006 at 11:23am
Fuh Qup:
Trouble Bound Castaway:
...I'd only be 21 by then, and that would really piss me off...

That just made me laugh. I'd be 20 so damnit. I say it ends when I say so.

me to, the world will not end before i have lived my fucking life!
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 25th, 2006 at 09:01pm
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
Don't hide under your bed, there's no need. All God wants is for us to be saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you repent of sin and accept Jesus as your Saviour, then you will have your place in Heaven when the time comes. God has given us free will to choose whether to accept Christ or not, but He loves us all and would like all of us to be saved.

I act in what I feel to be a very Christian way, meaning I don't cheat, steal, kill, covet, etc., ad I try to keep dishonesty in general to a minimum. I'm curious as to whether or not virtuous living is good enough to get me into Heaven, if there is such a thing? If not, I'm going to go out on a limb and say God is fairly egotistical. I mean, obviously he's God and all, but as long as you're living the way he wants I never saw what everyone was so bent outta shape about.
Ilse
Ilse
January 25th, 2006 at 09:13pm
It was the Aztec calender that said the world would end in 2012. And their calender never failed them before.

Anyway, it is rather weird. I asked my lab parner about "Revelations" which is the final chapter of the Bible (she's very into her religion, I am a deist.)
She told me signs of the apocaypse are:
-A cashless society (Which we're headed toward, what with the the inventins in Germany that will have a credit card chip implanted in your wrist)

-Execution of people of the church (or on a less extreme note, people would have less of a chance because of their religion)

Tha's about all I can remember.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 25th, 2006 at 09:24pm
there's a lot more pointing towards us
but that doesn't matter because the signs have been stronger with every generation since Jesus left and to him it has been about two seconds so.....

that's like enough time to blink and I assume God is much to patient to come back after a blink

and the Aztecs predicted a Sunday in December 2012

and on that day I will steal a bunch of shit from supersticious people because they will not care (they'll belive it's the end)
Kitti
Kitti
January 25th, 2006 at 09:27pm
spill_no_sick:
there's a lot more pointing towards us
but that doesn't matter because the signs have been stronger with every generation since Jesus left and to him it has been about two seconds so.....

that's like enough time to blink and I assume God is much to patient to come back after a blink

and the Aztecs predicted a Sunday in December 2012

and on that day I will steal a bunch of shit from supersticious people because they will not care (they'll belive it's the end)

Awww, come on, Nick. A SUNDAY? In December? Shame on you, even I wouldn't do something so blasphemous!
Laughing
I jest.
The world is not ending.
Every single time I say that, I want to sing that song by REM...that I was once forced to listen to for a full hour. Not that I was complaining, I wasn't really listening. Laughing
DirntyMilf
Idiot
DirntyMilf
January 25th, 2006 at 09:41pm
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:

I act in what I feel to be a very Christian way, meaning I don't cheat, steal, kill, covet, etc., ad I try to keep dishonesty in general to a minimum. I'm curious as to whether or not virtuous living is good enough to get me into Heaven, if there is such a thing? If not, I'm going to go out on a limb and say God is fairly egotistical. I mean, obviously he's God and all, but as long as you're living the way he wants I never saw what everyone was so bent outta shape about.

Okay, here is Ephesians 2:4-10
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expresssed in kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship. created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I hope that helps you understand. God bless.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 08:19am
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expresssed in kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship. created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I think I got it now...

So only the true believers will be allowed into Heaven, rather than everybody who's just kinda nice, because people will begin to boast about what they did to get into Heaven, and saying that they did better things than everybody else?

I still think that's a little weird...casting people into the fiery inferno there to stop them from being prideful. It IS supposedly a "deadly sin" but come on. Well, I'll just stay the course then...let you all know if some crazy shit goes down and I turn into Ned Flanders.
Kitti
Kitti
January 26th, 2006 at 10:16am
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:

I think I got it now...

So only the true believers will be allowed into Heaven, rather than everybody who's just kinda nice, because people will begin to boast about what they did to get into Heaven, and saying that they did better things than everybody else?

I still think that's a little weird...casting people into the fiery inferno there to stop them from being prideful. It IS supposedly a "deadly sin" but come on. Well, I'll just stay the course then...let you all know if some crazy shit goes down and I turn into Ned Flanders.

The Catholic Church *officially* claims that there is a place called purgatory for all the non-believers. It's not as cool as Heaven, but not fiery death inferno like Hell, either. They're thinking of getting rid of it.
Register