King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 10:21am
paradoxical:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
Don't hide under your bed, there's no need. All God wants is for us to be saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you repent of sin and accept Jesus as your Saviour, then you will have your place in Heaven when the time comes. God has given us free will to choose whether to accept Christ or not, but He loves us all and would like all of us to be saved.

I act in what I feel to be a very Christian way, meaning I don't cheat, steal, kill, covet, etc., ad I try to keep dishonesty in general to a minimum. I'm curious as to whether or not virtuous living is good enough to get me into Heaven, if there is such a thing? If not, I'm going to go out on a limb and say God is fairly egotistical. I mean, obviously he's God and all, but as long as you're living the way he wants I never saw what everyone was so bent outta shape about.

Okay, here is Ephesians 2:4-10
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expresssed in kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship. created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I hope that helps you understand. God bless.
I think I got it now...

So only the true believers will be allowed into Heaven, rather than everybody who's just kinda nice, because people will begin to boast about what they did to get into Heaven, and saying that they did better things than everybody else?

I still think that's a little weird...casting people into the fiery inferno there to stop them from being prideful. It IS supposedly a "deadly sin" but come on. Well, I'll just stay the course then...let you all know if some crazy shit goes down and I turn into Ned Flanders.

The Catholic Church *officially* claims that there is a place called purgatory for all the non-believers. It's not as cool as Heaven, but not fiery death inferno like Hell, either. They're thinking of getting rid of it.

if you dont believe in god then has long has you live your life the way YOU feal is best then i dont think there will be any worries.
I live mine the way i like obvously i dont go out and murder people but i do and will make sure the people i love know that i love them.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 11:18am
tre_cool_is_god:
paradoxical:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
Don't hide under your bed, there's no need. All God wants is for us to be saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. If you repent of sin and accept Jesus as your Saviour, then you will have your place in Heaven when the time comes. God has given us free will to choose whether to accept Christ or not, but He loves us all and would like all of us to be saved.

I act in what I feel to be a very Christian way, meaning I don't cheat, steal, kill, covet, etc., ad I try to keep dishonesty in general to a minimum. I'm curious as to whether or not virtuous living is good enough to get me into Heaven, if there is such a thing? If not, I'm going to go out on a limb and say God is fairly egotistical. I mean, obviously he's God and all, but as long as you're living the way he wants I never saw what everyone was so bent outta shape about.

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expresssed in kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship. created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I think I got it now...

So only the true believers will be allowed into Heaven, rather than everybody who's just kinda nice, because people will begin to boast about what they did to get into Heaven, and saying that they did better things than everybody else?

I still think that's a little weird...casting people into the fiery inferno there to stop them from being prideful. It IS supposedly a "deadly sin" but come on. Well, I'll just stay the course then...let you all know if some crazy shit goes down and I turn into Ned Flanders.

The Catholic Church *officially* claims that there is a place called purgatory for all the non-believers. It's not as cool as Heaven, but not fiery death inferno like Hell, either. They're thinking of getting rid of it.

if you dont believe in god then has long has you live your life the way YOU feal is best then i dont think there will be any worries.
I live mine the way i like obvously i dont go out and murder people but i do and will make sure the people i love know that i love them.
Indubitably!

Yeah, I've heard of purgatory. It's supposed to just be boring, so you just live out a life of ennui or something...?

Eh, if the difference is mostly that you get a harp in Heaven, I'm cool. ...But maybe you get wings. I'd like me some of them fluffy wings...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 11:24am
dirtyhippie:
tre_cool_is_god:
paradoxical:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
dirtyhippie:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:

I think I got it now...

Indubitably!

Yeah, I've heard of purgatory. It's supposed to just be boring, so you just live out a life of ennui or something...?

Eh, if the difference is mostly that you get a harp in Heaven, I'm cool. ...But maybe you get wings. I'd like me some of them fluffy wings...

i can't play a harp and i would look rubbish in wings.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 11:27am
Do you look good in red?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2006 at 11:28am
dirtyhippie:
Indubitably!

Being raised a Roman Catholic myself, I believe purgatory is more common and widely used within that particular denomination than any other...

From my RE textbook;

"Those who die in God's grace and friendship and are perfectly purified [with no need of purgatory] live for ever with Christ" - Catechism

And I also scouted around and found this

"The doctrine of purgatory clearly demonstrates that even when the guilt of sin has been taken away, punishment for it or the consequences of it may remain to be expiated or cleansed. They often are. In fact, in purgatory the souls of those who died in the charity of God and truly repentant, but who had not made satisfaction with adequate penance for their sins and omissions are cleansed after death with punishments designed to purge away their debt" (Vatican II documents, Page 75)
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 11:30am
...And this cleansing punishment goes on forever, am I right?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2006 at 11:32am
dirtyhippie:

The Revised and Updated Edition of the Catholic Encyclopedia explains:

"The souls of those who have died in the state of grace suffer for a time a purging that prepares them to enter heaven...It is an intermediate state in which the departed souls can atone for unforgiven sins before receiving their final reward."

I personally don't like this idea of Purgatory. It seems rather old fashioned to me.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 11:43am
dirtyhippie:
Do you look good in red?

yes i do!!! Laughing
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 11:45am
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

"The souls of those who have died in the state of grace suffer for a time a purging that prepares them to enter heaven...It is an intermediate state in which the departed souls can atone for unforgiven sins before receiving their final reward."

I personally don't like this idea of Purgatory. It seems rather old fashioned to me.

but didnt GOD die for our sins anyway?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2006 at 11:49am
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

Nah, that was Jesus.

God falls into the category of superior being, and therefore immortal, I would assume.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 11:52am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

ok silly me. Confused
Nah, that was Jesus.

God falls into the category of superior being, and therefore immortal, I would assume.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 06:58pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

ok silly me. Confused
Nah, that was Jesus.

Though if you wanna get techincal, Jesus and God are part of the same being, along with the Holy Ghost.

But this is spiritual stuff that my logical brain does not comprehend. Like, at all. God and Jesus are one...but Jesus is God's son. Hrrrmmmm.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 26th, 2006 at 07:22pm
dirtyhippie:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
dirtyhippie:

Sam, all you need to know is that time machines have been around for AGES.
(I jest...time travel does not explain the religion thing. Just the father=son thing)

ok silly me. Confused
Nah, that was Jesus.

Though if you wanna get techincal, Jesus and God are part of the same being, along with the Holy Ghost.

But this is spiritual stuff that my logical brain does not comprehend. Like, at all. God and Jesus are one...but Jesus is God's son. Hrrrmmmm.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
January 26th, 2006 at 09:00pm
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
MikeLvr:
Well that thing about saving us, I have difficulties swallowing it.
I just don't beleive things coming from the church.
I had no problems believing God could exist, somewhere inside of us.
But too much crap came all around that.
But that is my own opinion.
If something really happens to clear the human race from the face of the globe, it's because we will have been abusers. (sp?)
So. It's all I can say.

See, that's what I meant about free will. You have chosen to believe how you wanted to, and I have my own beliefs. Your's works for you, and I don't know any other way to believe but that God is the Great Creator, and that Jesus is my Saviour who died for my sins. I don't force it on anyone, but I do speak my mind about it because it says in the Bible to spread the Gospel to all the world. There's no way I can say, "Oh, you have to believe what I do or you're doomed." But I hope you look into it and make an educated choice of how you want to live. That's all.

I like the way you answered me, really. You're one of the first that understands that people can have other ways of thinking.
And I didn't mean to talk as if I wasn't respecting you, either.
I do. As you say, 'make an educated choice of how you want to live'.
Very Happy
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 26th, 2006 at 09:18pm
Sheepo@_@:
Your Christian right?
Well you know how Christ ressurected on the 3rd day? It also says in Gods eyes 1 day for him equals 1000 in ours.
So I think the world will not end but you know he'll come back sometime in 3000 something or other. But thats just something I noticed.
That's an interesting thought. Molly.
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 26th, 2006 at 09:33pm
One Native American culture believe the world ends in 2012 because that's when their calendar ends. lmfao I think it's the Mayans. (sp?)

Sorry if someone here is Mayan and reads this.
DirntyMilf
Idiot
DirntyMilf
January 26th, 2006 at 11:33pm
MikeLvr:
Milf*4*Billie*Joe:
MikeLvr:
Well that thing about saving us, I have difficulties swallowing it.
I just don't beleive things coming from the church.
I had no problems believing God could exist, somewhere inside of us.
But too much crap came all around that.
But that is my own opinion.
If something really happens to clear the human race from the face of the globe, it's because we will have been abusers. (sp?)
So. It's all I can say.

See, that's what I meant about free will. You have chosen to believe how you wanted to, and I have my own beliefs. Your's works for you, and I don't know any other way to believe but that God is the Great Creator, and that Jesus is my Saviour who died for my sins. I don't force it on anyone, but I do speak my mind about it because it says in the Bible to spread the Gospel to all the world. There's no way I can say, "Oh, you have to believe what I do or you're doomed." But I hope you look into it and make an educated choice of how you want to live. That's all.

I like the way you answered me, really. You're one of the first that understands that people can have other ways of thinking.
And I didn't mean to talk as if I wasn't respecting you, either.
I do. As you say, 'make an educated choice of how you want to live'.
Very Happy

Thanks. Very Happy And I didn't take it that you were disrespecting me at all. It upsets me to make other people uncomfortable, I'm just not a real pushy person at all. I just try to get along with everyone.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2006 at 11:12am
Basket*Case:
One Native American culture believe the world ends in 2012 because that's when their calendar ends. lmfao I think it's the Mayans. (sp?)

Sorry if someone here is Mayan and reads this.

Didn't the entire Mayan civilisation collapse a while back?

The Itza kingdom was not repressed by the Spanish until some time in the 17th Century, no?.

Unless you were speaking of something else.
fender
Geek
fender
January 27th, 2006 at 04:10pm
eberneezer_egghead:
Wow, really? That means I only have... 6 years to achieve my goals in life! Shocked

my life ambition is to wake up in some one elses garden absolutly wrecked...which i have done im cool with dying any time now!
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 29th, 2006 at 12:13am
Trouble Bound Castaway:
Well how come so many people say "Oh my God! The world's going to come to an end! We're gonna die!" and all that other bullshit?

People have believed that the world was coming to an end, since the beggining of time. Who knows when it's really going to end, if at all?
Register