GUNS!!!

AuthorMessage
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
November 9th, 2006 at 11:49pm
I'm scared shitless of guns. I understand in some (not many) situations they are semi-acceptable in my oppinion, but those sittuations are things such as law enforcements, but they should have stricter rules on when to use them.

If I had my way guns would not exist.

And, to Billie Joe's Sweetie and others, yes, guns don't kill people on their own. People with guns kill people. If there weren't people with guns I know a lot more innocent people (even guilty ones) would still be living.

There are more civilized and smart ways to handle problems than with bullets.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
November 10th, 2006 at 03:12pm
In Memory...:
I'm scared shitless of guns. I understand in some (not many) situations they are semi-acceptable in my oppinion, but those sittuations are things such as law enforcements, but they should have stricter rules on when to use them.

If I had my way guns would not exist.

And, to Billie Joe's Sweetie and others, yes, guns don't kill people on their own. People with guns kill people. If there weren't people with guns I know a lot more innocent people (even guilty ones) would still be living.

There are more civilized and smart ways to handle problems than with bullets.
thank you, and you're right, guns were a terrible invention

but we can't go back and kill the person who would have invented it...and inevitably we couldn't have stopepd it from happening
it came from the idea of slings (early sling-shots) which lead to the idea of the cannon and once they realized it was easier to use rocks than humans the idea that was eventually the gun was concieved

so it leads us both further and behind in the human race
ten steps forward nine steps back
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
November 10th, 2006 at 03:12pm
oh yeah, and...

"Guns kills people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnald fat"
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 11th, 2006 at 09:57pm
spill_no_sick:
oh yeah, and...

"Guns kills people like spoons make Rosie O'Donnald fat"

Oh! Another good one!
Whitney.
Idiot
Whitney.
November 11th, 2006 at 10:10pm
guns are just stupid. there's no need for them. guns shouldn't be allowed.
and i hate hunting by the way.
Mike's_Punk_Angel
Geek
Mike's_Punk_Angel
November 13th, 2006 at 07:12pm
I think guns are ok 4 police officers and ppl who need them.guns should be just 4 ppl who use them 4 a purpose. Confused
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 14th, 2006 at 12:58am
I'd forgotten about something that had happened in 1996, well, this guy called Martin Bryant used semi-automatic rifles to shoot dead 35 people at Port Arthur (in Australia).

This was John Howard's first year in office, and what he, and the government did, was buy back more than 600,000 mainly semi-automatic rifles and pump-action shotguns. They spent about half a million dollars doing this.

I personally think that it was a fantastic idea. There have been studies on it, and I think that they said that it had no effect, but I think that we have no way of knowing what would have happened years ahead, and buy buying back all the guns before things got out of control was a fantastic idea.

Here in Australia, we have pretty strict gun laws, and I think it's a good thing. I mean, if I knew that almost everyone in my street had a gun, I'd feel so paranoid.

Gun laws in Australia
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 17th, 2007 at 02:20am
Ok the biggest school shooting in US history took place yesterday with 33 dead at the virginia tech university. 15 are also injured so i thought it would be good to bring this subject back to discuss is the US and other GUN legal countries need to address this issue.
Vanity
King For A Couple Of Days
Vanity
April 17th, 2007 at 03:10am
Guns scare me terribly. Even those little plastic guns that shoot plastic pellets scare me. To me guns were a terrible thing to have invented. The way I see things, is that guns just cause grief rather than protection. Whenever someone is killed by a gun, their family is left to grieve, even if it's the family of a gunman or whatever...they just aren't necessary. There are other ways to protect yourself.
There would be so many lives saved if guns were outlawed here or just non-existent all together....no Columbine, no Red Lake, no school shootings or massacres.... And with the recent campus shootings, my feelings against guns are only stronger now.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 18th, 2007 at 04:08pm
NeoSteph:
Ok the biggest school shooting in US history took place yesterday with 33 dead at the virginia tech university. 15 are also injured so i thought it would be good to bring this subject back to discuss is the US and other GUN legal countries need to address this issue.

yeah i was watching the news about it, and for all those families i am so sorry!!

Guns in America are readily avliable to the point where you can almost buy them anywhere, and its just so bad, some people who keep guns even keep them loaded, and when you ask them why they say "so i can use it quickly" but if someone breaks into your home and attacks you, what do you think your chances are of getting to the gun without being shot yourself.

An interestint thing happened over here (uk) many years ago, two young boys broke into this farmers house and took a lot of belongings and they did it again and again, after the police arrested the 2 boys they were set free and were in the pub one night and where overheard saying "shall we go and do it again" (break into the mans home) so when they did the farmer was actaully waiting for them and shot one, the farmer was sent to prison while the boy walked free.

now my point to this is that many americans believe that if someone breaks into your home you should be able to shoot them dead, (and not only americans either) which is wrong, yes its not a nice thing to have your house broken into but woud you really want to go to jail for killing someone?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
April 18th, 2007 at 05:29pm
Actually, he shot one of the boys dead, and injured the other one.

He got sent to prison cos the kid died.

And I think it's dispicable. An old man on his own is being constantly harrassed, the police do nothing, but when he does something, he goes to jail instead.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 07:25am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Actually, he shot one of the boys dead, and injured the other one.

He got sent to prison cos the kid died.

And I think it's dispicable. An old man on his own is being constantly harrassed, the police do nothing, but when he does something, he goes to jail instead.

The man is free now to point out in only got 6 years which was then reduced so he got sentenced for manslaughter, it is dispicable that he used a gun but it is also horrendous that he was forced to take matters that far becauce the police can't protect us.

---

Onto thelatest school shooting all the media outlets reporting on it our making me sick, hours after family members and school friends had died their going up to people asking them how they feel, well how the hell do they think they feel. They look shell shocked and should be given time to grieve and to come to terms with it. Also NBC who recieved the video tapes created by the killer should not have broadcast it, it should have been sent along to the police and if they needed to they could have just read the transcript so people knew what was going on. I can't even imagine how distressing that must have been for the people in the attack it was also giving him the attention he wanted...they only did for the ratings and they should be ashamed.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 19th, 2007 at 09:01am
has for the virgina shootings, the media and news programmes are doing what he wanted,. he wanted to be famous for the biggest school killing and they are maing him famous, ok what he did was wrong but waht can people expect in a country where you can get guns to fast and way to eas?
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 01:15pm
OK, so the United States have a ptiful governement:

-To buy any firearm you have to be 18 years or older
-To buy any firearm all you have to do is show any card that shows your identity (Drivers licencse, Passport...)
-After buying a new firearm you have to wait at least 30 days to buy another one.

So the 30 day waiting is stupid. In a whole year you can have 12 guns. That is stupid.
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
April 19th, 2007 at 05:34pm
I don't think that shooting someone who is beaking into your house is acceptable. Insarance will cover what was stolen, so you'll get your belongings back. But you can't bring back the person who was killed.
Vanity
Vanity
April 20th, 2007 at 12:14am
My mom and me were watching the television today and we saw some of the tapes that Cho sent to the NBC headquarters. And the first thing that popped into our heads was copy-cat crimes. I don't think they should show the footage. He wanted publicity. It's exactly what he wanted, and now he's getting it.
In the news segment they mentioned something about him calling himself a martyr or something for all the people like himself. And if they keep showing or displaying that message everywhere, just think about how many other kids could get the idea that since Cho did it and got famous, maybe they'll get famous if they do it too. And since Gun laws make it so easy to get firearms, it really makes me worry about my younger sisters who go to normal high and middle school.
There was a kid I was friends with who brought a gun to school and was going to shoot and kill a classmate of mine, because he basically verbally tortured him everyday. If my friend could get a gun and bring it to the school that easily, just imagine what other people may do now with all of the publicity surrounding Cho.
Gun laws need to change in the US. It's painfully obvious that more restrictions or laws need to be put in place to either make guns illegal or harder to buy or obtain. But since the constitution says it's alright to own them, I see no way to make things change.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 20th, 2007 at 01:21pm
Jimmy4Whatsername:
I don't think that shooting someone who is beaking into your house is acceptable. Insarance will cover what was stolen, so you'll get your belongings back. But you can't bring back the person who was killed.
Even if the robber is willing to hurt you or your family for your own goods?

If you wake up in the middle of the night hearing a noise down stairs, you're not going to go down there without something to protect yourself. While commiting a crime, most people won't think twice about hurting another person in order not to get caught.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 20th, 2007 at 01:22pm
Vanity:
My mom and me were watching the television today and we saw some of the tapes that Cho sent to the NBC headquarters. And the first thing that popped into our heads was copy-cat crimes. I don't think they should show the footage. He wanted publicity. It's exactly what he wanted, and now he's getting it.
That's exactly what I thought about. That and all the familes that had lost sons and daughters to turn on the tv and see their loved one's murderer justifying his actions world wide.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 20th, 2007 at 01:34pm
uh I blame gun laws for school shottings. o.o
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 20th, 2007 at 02:04pm
Make You Smile.:
uh I blame gun laws for school shottings. o.o
Well, you're right. Although schools have metal detectors, people can smuggle firearms inside.
Register