GUNS!!!

AuthorMessage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:35am
guns don't kill people rappers do..i saw it on a documentry on BBC2.

there's your answer!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 06:25am
Meski:
Make You Smile.:
uh I blame gun laws for school shottings. o.o
Well, you're right. Although schools have metal detectors, people can smuggle firearms inside.
Maybe super rich schools, mine doesn't.

But gun laws are a problem. In regards to the Columbine Massacre, Harris and Eric got a friend to illegally purchase guns for them, which they illegally sawed off. The first thing is that the gun seller (tehe) told the police that he was sure that the woman who purchased the guns was over 21 years of age, she was infact 18. The second thing, for her coperation with the police, she wasn't charged.

What does this teach us? That we can easily fool other people into believing us to be older than we are with stuff like fake ID's and that if we're caught, we may not even be charged. It's not at all fair that she can get away with this. It's like some form of hope for those wanting to illegally purchase arms in America. Not a good idea.
PentatonicA
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PentatonicA
April 22nd, 2007 at 10:12pm
Ilse:
Guns just piss me off.

I believe that only police officers should have possesion of guns. Think about how much the crime rate would go down.

Oh really!?
How 'low' is the crime rate in countries where guns are outlawed? Let’s take the Uk as an example, do you know the problems they have with firearms related crimes, gun-gang culture, and gun black markets? Have you done your research or you just like to repeat what you hear on the Tele?

Gun-Free UK Gun Crime Up:
Yes, that's right folks, while overall crime in the UK has been dropping slightly, violent crime involving guns is increasing!
http://alphecca.com/mt_alphecca_archives/000904.html

Gun crime: Labour 'losing control':
Labour has been accused of losing control of gun crime as new figures show a sharp rise in armed robberies.
Guns were used in 4,120 robberies last year - a 10% jump - including a 9% rise to 1,439 in the number of street robberies where guns were used.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/paFiguresThurs18Crimefiguresud2Substitute.html

Gun crime moves out of cities:
‘Gun crime is being exported from the inner cities to the shires, the senior officer in charge of the national firearms policing strategy has told The Times.’
‘The latest attacks came after a spate of shootings in South London in less than a fortnight, including the murders of three teenage boys.
But as the death toll mounted in the capital, Mr Bristow gave warning that the gun problem was moving to the shires. The proportion of gun crime occurring outside the hotspots of London, Birmingham and Manchester has risen sharply from 36 per cent’
February 19, 2007
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article1403725.ece

Gun laws that constrain the law-abiding:
‘We (the UK) have, post-Dunblane, what are said to be the toughest gun control laws in the world. They have actually proved strikingly ineffectual.
Gun crime has doubled since they were introduced.
16/02/2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/02/16/dl1601.xml

When the public is disarmed, only the outlaws and the governmental employees can protect themselves. This is by design.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 22nd, 2007 at 10:28pm
Dom:
guns don't kill people rappers do
And Marilyn Manson causes school shootings and teen suicides.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:42pm
Ballroom Blitz:
Dom:
guns don't kill people rappers do
And Marilyn Manson causes school shootings and teen suicides.

oh..i wasnt being serious..its a lyric for a goldie lookin' chain song..nevermind.

But what someone said earlier is true, gun crime is on the increase in the UK despite bans being so tough that the UK's olympic competitors in shooting events have to train abroad because their weapons are illegal here. But i dont think legalising guns is the way to solving the problem.
va?
Geek
va?
May 24th, 2007 at 11:05am
in sweden it's illegal to kepp guns in your houses...
va?
Geek
va?
May 24th, 2007 at 11:05am
keep*
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
May 24th, 2007 at 11:34am
I believe people should be able to own a gun. But, I also believe there should be more strict laws on gun control.
There should be a deep check into your criminal background before you're able
to buy and use the gun. And you should have to wait about a week to receive it.

Everyone has the right to protect yourself.
Say, a robber with a loaded gun comes into your house. And the robber is threatning to shoot you and your family.
If you had a gun too you would have a better chance of not getting shot or defending yourself.
Now I know what you all are going to say. If guns were illegal we wouldn't have
to worry about this. Well, guess what: There will always be ways to get illegal things.
You think because cocaine is illegal no one uses it?

spill_no_sick:
and people find millions of ways to kill people
Nerf Herder believes that there are 5,000 Ways to Die, and a shotgun blast is only one

so will you protest the other 4,999 ways? or will you just find a reason to ask the state that licences should be required?

And that makes alot of sense.
Why doesn't everyone who is against guns protest these too?
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
May 24th, 2007 at 11:38am
da_principal_is_high:
keep*

not relevant but, there is an edit button you know?
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
May 24th, 2007 at 02:13pm
my dad was a policeman once and he got to keep his gun as a souveneir. I'm not against guns, people need them for self-defense cause sometimes punching and kicking just aint enough. I also think that doctors, nurses, all those medical people, policemen and also firefighters and the army should be allowed to be in posession of guns and other weapons like that, for protection, cause you never really know and then its too late.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 25th, 2007 at 03:50am
Pigment Stain:
my dad was a policeman once and he got to keep his gun as a souveneir. I'm not against guns, people need them for self-defense cause sometimes punching and kicking just aint enough. I also think that doctors, nurses, all those medical people, policemen and also firefighters and the army should be allowed to be in posession of guns and other weapons like that, for protection, cause you never really know and then its too late.

then theres always the issue of people with authority shooting innocent people, such as the brazilian who got shot in the head 8 times, and the guy who was killed got carrying a table leg in a bag. I don't think guns should be allowed.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 01:14pm
America needs stricter gun laws. Period. None of this Micheal Moore stuff of Americans living in a society of fear, I mean that is true, and it is true aswell that there are just as many guns in Canada as in the US, but the difference is in the gun laws which save innocent lives. America is much too laxed about it all.
timothy mctague.
Geek
timothy mctague.
May 27th, 2007 at 02:33am
I think guns are alright for protection on farms & for police.
I don't like hunting because its killing.
I think shooting lessons are alright aslong as it is safe and the guns are kept away, where students can't find them.
I don't think people should be allowed to walk into a store and just buy a gun, its wrong because it could be used for something like eg: V. Tech.
Guns should be something you only get if you are very well trusted by police.
Lolli
Jackass
Lolli
May 29th, 2007 at 06:49am
Guns suck. Period.

Water pistols ROCK. Period.

No one at any age should be able to posses a gun. Period.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2007 at 02:15pm
Orangelike.darkness:
Guns suck. Period.

Water pistols ROCK. Period.

No one at any age should be able to posses a gun. Period.

Making guns illegal doesn't keep guns out of the hands of those who were already obtaining them illegally.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 30th, 2007 at 02:53pm
I saw in the paper the other day that an eleven year old shot the biggest pig in the world, and he hunted it down and shot it seven times with his pistol.

Now, while everyone's all "Oh well done chap, nice one, you shot an innocent creature yadda yadda yadda," nobody's actually asking what the fuck an eleven year old was doing in the woods, on his own, with a fucking pistol!

I think it's absolutely disgusting that parents trust their kids with a murder weapon at such a young age, and send them out unsupervised with it. I can't even comprehend what might have been running through their heads.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 31st, 2007 at 10:49am
Flaming Phalanges!:
I saw in the paper the other day that an eleven year old shot the biggest pig in the world, and he hunted it down and shot it seven times with his pistol.

Now, while everyone's all "Oh well done chap, nice one, you shot an innocent creature yadda yadda yadda," nobody's actually asking what the fuck an eleven year old was doing in the woods, on his own, with a fucking pistol!

I think it's absolutely disgusting that parents trust their kids with a murder weapon at such a young age, and send them out unsupervised with it. I can't even comprehend what might have been running through their heads.

are you sure he was allowed to? or didnt he just choose to?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 31st, 2007 at 11:46am
Well he was in the paper being congratulated for it, and I think it had some quote from his parents saying how proud they were of him.

And they'd said the pistol was HIS pistol, not his mum's or his dad's.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
May 31st, 2007 at 12:35pm
Flaming Phalanges!:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275524,00.html
http://www.monsterpig.com/
The first link is to an article about it.
The second link is a website started by the father of the kid.
Now, if you visit the pig website you will find pictures of the .50-caliber revolver he killed it with.
I am all for the second amendment but, not when 11 year olds are hunting animals. He shot his first deer when he was 5! Aren't there any age-laws?
I think 18 would be a proper age to be able to hunt or use a gun.

I believe that website is promoting gun usage by young kids. But that just starts a whole nother story....video games, music videos, movies, blah blah.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 31st, 2007 at 02:36pm
Anji:
America needs stricter gun laws. Period. None of this Micheal Moore stuff of Americans living in a society of fear, I mean that is true, and it is true aswell that there are just as many guns in Canada as in the US, but the difference is in the gun laws which save innocent lives. America is much too laxed about it all.

Michael Moore is an idiot, if you were making reference to the Bowling for Columbine documentary, the only part worth watching in that was the sgement with Mariyln Manson. The kids who got the guns at Columbine didn't get them legally, so making more laws for people who get them illegally wouldn't do anything. We have the laws, its the enforcement thats the problem.
Register