Sports being compulsary in schools

AuthorMessage
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 24th, 2006 at 07:09am
There's a lot of controversy in my area about whether sports should be compulsary in secondary schools. In my opinion it's one of the few ways teenagers get exercise these days, so it should be compulsery. What is your opinion about it?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2006 at 08:21am
It is compulsory at my school.

There are two types of Physical Education taught here; GCSE and Core. The majority of students do Core PE, which is one hour and fifteen minutes of sport a week. That's the one I do, not being a very active person myself.
Billies Lost Son
Geek
Billies Lost Son
February 24th, 2006 at 08:40am
I don't think it should be compulsory. Some sport teachers are cruel to the less fortunate people who can't participate aswell as others.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
February 24th, 2006 at 09:15am
PE. Required every year in my school. One semester each year for four years. Adds up to over three hours a week. Classes are 90 minutes long (which is far too long to be running, by the way). I hate it with a passion, but understand that it is a necessary evil. Making other sports mandatory...then I'd be pissed off.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 24th, 2006 at 09:21am
i don't thin so , i myself am not a great athlete and my teacher is a big meanine lmfao
its hard to do stuff and embrassing
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2006 at 10:54am
It doesnt hurt anything. Exercise is good for people and needed to be healthy. Its required at my school, in the states you have to have a gym credit to graduate. If your not a good athlete, it never hurts anyone to try. I know my coach is extremely nice to the people that try and give effort, but she is a bitch from hell to the people who shrug it off and dont try. It makes me so mad when some of the girls in my gym class dont ever participate, which usually ends in me hitting them in the head with whatever ball we were using for that sport. Extracurricular sports aren't required, and they shouldnt be, because, like it has been said, not everyone is an athelte.
Just a Puppet...
Addict
Just a Puppet...
February 24th, 2006 at 11:11am
We have to do 2 1/2 hours a week of it here. Itdoesnt really matter, if you dont want to do it you get a note.
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
February 24th, 2006 at 11:26am
I don't like PE. In Year 7 and Year 8 we did it twice a week but this year they changed it and now everyone has to do it three times a week. We do a different thing on different days. Next year when I go into Year 11, I want to chooose Pathway 1, and I'll have to do Core PE, because there is no way in hell I am doing GCSE PE because I am not a sporty person in the least. Retard
I don't know because, I don't think it's fair that people who disliek sports have to do them, but then again, excersize is important. So I don't know.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
February 24th, 2006 at 11:28am
Bloodraine:
It is compulsory at my school.

There are two types of Physical Education taught here; GCSE and Core. The majority of students do Core PE, which is one hour and fifteen minutes of sport a week. That's the one I do, not being a very active person myself.

yeh thats how it is at my school. I don't mind it. It is one of the only ways i get exercise these days.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
February 24th, 2006 at 11:39am
it already is compulsory in the UK. you have to have at least an hour and a half at least i believe. and i think that is right. theres this whole big deal about children becoming obese, and this is a way to help prevent it.
cactus.
cactus.
February 24th, 2006 at 11:59am
It's compulsory at my school and I hate it, because I really suck at sports...big time.What I hate about it is that my colleagues miss no chance of making fun of me and they laugh and make me really furious.But what I really hate is that the teacher is too nice with me and gives me higher marks than I deserve and my stupid colleagues make a big fuss and say I bribed him or stg like that.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2006 at 12:13pm
Jovanna:
It's compulsory at my school and I hate it, because I really suck at sports...big time.What I hate about it is that my colleagues miss no chance of making fun of me and they laugh and make me really furious.But what I really hate is that the teacher is too nice with me and gives me higher marks than I deserve and my stupid colleagues make a big fuss and say I bribed him or stg like that.

Your grade comes from effort, not how well you preform the sport.

Alot of peoples argument is "I hate it" What if I hate science, Im not very good at it and the teacher is mean, just like several people have argued for gym. Science is still a classt reguardless of if I like it or dont. Gym teaches physical fittness and provides an oppertunity for kids to actually get exercise.
spam
Jackass
spam
February 24th, 2006 at 12:15pm
i just dont do it although it is compulsary. sports suck.
Eyes On Me
Idiot
Eyes On Me
February 24th, 2006 at 12:17pm
In our school, there's a single lesson of P.E first period on a Wednesday [50 minutes long] and every Friday 5th and 6th periods there is a one hour and forty minutes session.
And you have to do it. Even if you haven't brang your P.E clothes.
spam
Jackass
spam
February 24th, 2006 at 12:20pm
we have an 1hr twice a week but if you dont have your kit they dont make you or you could write a fake note or dont go anywhere near the gym.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2006 at 12:41pm
I have it for 45 minutes everyday 5th hour.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 24th, 2006 at 01:56pm
It's compulsory at my school, and I agree that it should be.
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
February 24th, 2006 at 02:20pm
2 hours for me
and we have to go out in the cold
even rain
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 24th, 2006 at 02:23pm
It's two hours for years 7, 8, 9, and 10 but it's only one hour for us year 11s Retard cause we're special.
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
February 24th, 2006 at 02:26pm
god thats lucky Wink
nope 2hours for all
but if i wanted to have more
(you can take a course in P.E 10 and 11)
but i didn't Wink
Register