Sports being compulsary in schools

AuthorMessage
gasp.
Geek
gasp.

Mibba
August 17th, 2006 at 04:01am
I think it should be complusoary. but then i think it shouldnt be because what about the kids who have illnesses? I have had Gout for the past 5 months and i have been thretened with repeating the 7th grade and have also been threatened with being taken out of that school. So i more think it should and shouldnt be
Addison Montgomery.
Falling In Love With The Board
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
August 17th, 2006 at 09:54am
It stinks,
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
August 17th, 2006 at 11:33am
I have to take P.E. everyday in school for about 30-45 minutes a day [however long a period lasts in a school day]. I'm not too keen on it cause I am far from the sporty type but it is the only way I get excersize and I have gained quite a bit if weight in the past year. But I find it nessessary because P.E. will probably be the only form of excersise that some kids will ever get.
strawberry111
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
strawberry111
August 17th, 2006 at 12:27pm
I have P.E 2 times a week. In the winter we run on skis. I hate it! Evil or Very Mad
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 17th, 2006 at 02:59pm
I hate PE. Not because I'm that bad at sports. But the most PE teachers [I had] just sucked! They aren't fair and like to treat fat people like shit. =|

My last PE teacher loved the sentence "My grandma can do that better!" and they loved to mention the more corpulent people, this one girl in my class. I hate that.

Though I think schools should have PE. Not all teachers are assholes :/
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
August 17th, 2006 at 06:34pm
P.E. is a forced class at my school for all five days a week and sometimes it can be real hell for me. I'm not very good at P.E. in general and kids your own age can be very cruel from my own experience. Everyday I just don't look forward to it, it's what worries me most. The thing is though, I doubt kids would be in as much shape as they are now without it being forced.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 17th, 2006 at 06:39pm
Bamboozler:
P.E. is a forced class at my school for all five days a week and sometimes it can be real hell for me. I'm not very good at P.E. in general and kids your own age can be very cruel from my own experience. Everyday I just don't look forward to it, it's what worries me most. The thing is though, I doubt kids would be in as much shape as they are now without it being forced.

lets say I don't look foward to math and Im not very good at it, should they do away with that class too? No
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 17th, 2006 at 11:45pm
but we NEED math , math is everywhere
being able to run 3 laps and get an A in baseball means nothing unless you are good at those other needed subjects
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
August 17th, 2006 at 11:54pm
Being a senior, compulsary pE is dropped so I can concentrate on my exams. I don;t see why I should take it if I won't need it.
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
August 18th, 2006 at 09:39am
I don't think PE should be compulsary. My school has just increased PE from two periods a week to three. It's compulsary, even the seniors have to do it. But in first and second year, there's only enough time left for one period of computing a week. Surely it would make more sense to give some of the time spent doing PE to computing. More jobs require you to use a computer than play sports.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
August 19th, 2006 at 10:35am
3m1ly:
Sporty people are going to play sport whether its compulsory or not. P.E will never help lazy people become more active because they will do whatever they can to avoid it. Time would be better spent on other more usefull subjects.

what like eating they're way through big bag of crisps? PE lessons are useful because they do help people realise taht they have to lok after they're bodies because if they dont look after them then who will? ok i know i am not a size 8 but i work everyday and eat well, and i walk wherever i can.
Jar Of D!rt,
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jar Of D!rt,
August 19th, 2006 at 01:06pm
I'm always trying to gget out of P.E, it may be needed and to some people wanted, but we have to do handball/football/tennies and all sorts of stupid sports, i dislike the ball sports but it shoved down our necks like brussle sprouts. I would like to have gymnastics but thats not allowed because its to riskfull, its just another way of saying "We have no money, we spend it all on things the school dosn't need." a school moto is like "Every child counts." But they don't meen that do they? They look at the ones that will make the school sucsesfull, and not let other children do what they want in P.E. And if i don't take my kit into school i get shouted at for not liking P.E.

Wow what i post for my first xD
Jar Of D!rt,
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jar Of D!rt,
August 19th, 2006 at 01:12pm
Lucifers Angel:
3m1ly:
Sporty people are going to play sport whether its compulsory or not. P.E will never help lazy people become more active because they will do whatever they can to avoid it. Time would be better spent on other more usefull subjects.

what like eating they're way through big bag of crisps? PE lessons are useful because they do help people realise taht they have to lok after they're bodies because if they dont look after them then who will? ok i know i am not a size 8 but i work everyday and eat well, and i walk wherever i can.

I'm a active person, and i watch my weight, yes i may eat alot of junk food everyday but i'm a child, P.E does not make people like running around it makes them loath it, i've had many bad expreiances in the past and had to do much more then the other girls had to do, like try harder, the other girls where lacking, and the teacher said nothing to them. I've disliked P.E for ever and nothing even them forcing me to do everything and make me do more, it'll naver make me chage my mind about anything at all, even if it is as tidiuss as the teacher shouts at me for no other reason then any. I would only like P.E if they did something fun in it for a change.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
August 19th, 2006 at 08:11pm
Jar Of D!rt,:

I'm a active person, and i watch my weight, yes i may eat alot of junk food everyday but i'm a child, P.E does not make people like running around it makes them loath it, i've had many bad expreiances in the past and had to do much more then the other girls had to do, like try harder, the other girls where lacking, and the teacher said nothing to them. I've disliked P.E for ever and nothing even them forcing me to do everything and make me do more, it'll naver make me chage my mind about anything at all, even if it is as tidiuss as the teacher shouts at me for no other reason then any. I would only like P.E if they did something fun in it for a change.

Hmm I know what you mean about them making you try harder.

A few weeks ago, my class had a substitute teacher, and my friend and I were talking while we were supposed to be playing oz tag, this is because we are both hopeless at oz tag. But we were playing as well as talking. Anyways, the teacher came in, and even though everyone were talking to, she made us get involved in the game, watched us like a hawk, we weren't allowed to go near each other. I mean, we weren't talking any more than anyone else, she just decided to pick on us.

I really don't have a problem with PE though, I mean, I'm not that good at science, so should we cut that?

No. Its important, and so is PE. It teaches you how to look after yourself, it gets kids active, if you just sucked it up and didn't complain, then you would have more fun in it.

I mean, its only as bad as you make it, most of its just in your head.

Anyways, you start to find that playing games is fun... the only sports I don't like are oz tag and netball (just because its so non contact. And I always accidently kinda tackle people.)
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
September 6th, 2006 at 08:34am
Well I come from a primary school that forced every kid to do sports to make the school look better. Once I booed my team and got suspended but that's another story.

And my high school pushes us too hard in sport. But it isn't compulsory. I reckon having physical education is enough. I got banned from all sports anyways besides physical education ahahaha sucked in.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 8th, 2006 at 08:40am
i like that it's compulsory. okay no i don't, but i agree that it should be. exercise can't do you wrong [unless they overwork the students, which the teachers here don't].
seriously, NZ surveys are showing that more and more people are becoming overweight, and most recently China too.
i don't mind if someone is fat [esp. if it's a health condition they can't control, in which case allowances should be made where appropriate at school], but it's really not healthy if it's due to too much junk food or lack of exercise. i should know, i'm beginning to feel really tight in my jeans -_-
so i'm all for the PE. besides, it feels really good after a good workout
Simone
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Simone
October 20th, 2006 at 11:10pm
i think it is very important that this students are involved in sports regularly at school, as we all know how much of an issue childhood obesity is becoming.

at my school in years 7 and 8 you had sport once a week for 100 minutes and p.e 100 minutes per week for one semester.

in years 9 and 10 you had to choose a sporting subject but they were wide and varied from quite full on subjects to a girls only p.e which was more leisurly. which i thought was pretty good of the school because it meant that no matter the persons physical ability or slef esteem levels for that matter they would still be involved in exercise where they felt comfortable.

not only does being involved in sport help for health reasons but it helps in social roles as well with leadership, cooperation etc, so it should be mandatory.
Jesus_of_surburbia_74
Jesus_of_surburbia_74

Blog
October 25th, 2006 at 12:13pm
I think that ti should be compulsary as without it, not alot of kids would have a lot of exercise,
at my school in year 7, 8 & 9 there is one double lesson a week [100 mins]
and in year 10 you can choose to do more of it as a gcse option, and if you don't you only have to do one [50 min] lesson, alough as you go higher up in the school P.E is slightly more relaxed, less people do it and most people wear there own clothes, but it is still there for people to do which is good.
gd'sDiana
Geek
gd'sDiana
October 28th, 2006 at 01:22pm
in some areas, and that's right, like that would be lke te only execise...
Benniks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Benniks
November 20th, 2006 at 04:31pm
I'm not really sure where i stand on this topic. For me, PE is embaressing, even when you can choose from 4 options at the start of the year what you want to do. My friend got denied from playing rugby because she would be the only girl. I don't think thats right. I personally think that I get enough exercise (walking 2 miles at least every school day), but I'm not so sure about other people. It could be made optional, because especially when you have alot of coursework and revision to do, it is better to focus on that then running about. I don't even think I get to do that much excersice in PE to be honest, and ALOT of it is humilliating.

Well thats my opinion, not sure if it helped, Very Happy
Register