BOOK: Twilight by Sephanie Meyer

AuthorMessage
Irwin Sparkes
Idiot
Irwin Sparkes
April 6th, 2009 at 04:39am
I'm half way through Eclipse, it's really good!
Whatsername_23
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Whatsername_23
April 12th, 2009 at 03:25am
So am i! I wonder what Jacob looks like without his shirt on in the movie?
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Falling In Love With The Board
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
April 14th, 2009 at 06:51am
Whatsername_23:
So am i! I wonder what Jacob looks like without his shirt on in the movie?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
April 29th, 2009 at 10:12am
I love the books, not so keen on the film.
i worship billie joe
i worship billie joe
May 2nd, 2009 at 04:13pm
i love the books i read twilight in less than for days I <3 Edward Anthony Masen Cullen!!!!!!
Viva.La.Cami
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Viva.La.Cami
July 16th, 2009 at 02:00pm
I read the books when they first came out. I was totally stoked when I heard that there was gonna be a movie....Then I was disappointed. Kristen is a shrew. Rob is a douche. They make a horrible Bella and Edward.

And I hate how people who thought Twilight was gay before the movie, then changed their mind after seeing the movie.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 16th, 2009 at 02:17pm
DId anyone get to the end of all the books, having read through them all in a hurry because they cared about what happened to the characters and then realise that they are the most anti-climactic books with incredibly 2 dimensional characters?

Is it just me?

Yes, perhaps.

I'm not here to hate on it, it's just that I think you get caught up in it all and then you realise at the end that actually...meh. There were a LOT of spelling errors/misuse of words in Eclipse that made the whole thing seem really lazily done to me. I felt like none of it was properly planned - like she wrote the first book and then the publishers said, you know what? A sequeal would be good. And it just carried on like that.

I really enjoyed the film actually. I thought it was well cast (though Kristen annoys me because she never shuts her mouth and she blinks too much) and pretty well done considering the budget. LOTS of continuity issues and some slightly odd shots (not a fan of Catherine Hardwicke) but I thought it was pretty good. James was really good in it and I thought Rob interpreted Edward's character really well and made him seem a lot more believable than in the books.

[/essay]
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
July 17th, 2009 at 06:23pm
I saw the movie, liked the story, but I wasn't interested in books, and then a friend kinda made me read Twilight and New Moon and I was like, ~hooked in lmfao They are well written and interesting, though I v v v much prefer the second book
I started reading Eclipse but idk, in the middle of the book I just stopped reading in for like, a week or so ... I need to continue Wink
(pointless post, and idccccccccc)
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
July 18th, 2009 at 01:19am
Psychedelic Sheep:
I'm 15 and I KNOW Twilight is pure and utter rubbish.
Clap

Same here.
Isaac Clarke
Isaac Clarke
July 18th, 2009 at 05:57pm
I really hate how people compare Twilight and Harry Potter.
They're both popular, yeah, but it ends there.

Ooh, they have teenagers. And golly gee, subjects of more than ordinary people. But do we really have to have people bickering over which one is better? No matter if you're a Twilight fan or HP lover, anyone who respects literature can tell you that Harry Potter is more well written, the characters are easier to care about, and the storyline has much, much more depth than Stephenie Meyer could've mustered to come up with.

I'm not trying to troll the Twilight fans by any means. it comes down to taste in the end, and I myself used to be a fan of the books. The first two at least. I only got through half of Eclipse before I quit. I just never saw the reason for, "OMG HOW CAN YOU HATE TWILIGHT AND LOVE HARRY POTTER?!?!" and vice versa. I see it especially on IMDb, but I'm sure it's everywhere else as well. It's really just ridiculous. Agree to disagree and let it be. My best friend is crazy about Twilight, and I happen to favor HP, but I never find us arguing about it. Cause in the end, it really doesn't matter. We're going to like what we like.

Yeah, that's the end of my rant. (:
Mike Dirnt.
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 21st, 2009 at 08:54am
I read Twilight a while ago and enjoyed it and then read Eclipse and thought that was alright although again, the way it is written shows that more care could have been taken!
I couldn't really be bothered with reading the other books that follow as I was told what happens and by the time they had been released, I found the books quite bland, so to speak. I can see why a lot of people would like Twilight but I just don't think it's for me. I think it'd be a better series if we actually learnt more about the characters and I think it's a bit cliché, at times.
I did quite like the film although again it was a little bland. I liked who they cast for the characters though (:.

I think one of the things that has put me off Twilight the most is the little fans who are now 'oh so in love' with Edward Cullen and believe that vampires really do exist. It's just a book! And I think that there are many books out there a lot better than Twilight although I'm not here to hate on the series as I do see why it's attractive to readers.
glind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
glind
July 22nd, 2009 at 04:11am
OMG! This is the best book ever!and I love the movie also!!
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
July 26th, 2009 at 04:40pm
I'm reading them again, I LOVE Eclipse so much
clark
GSBitch
clark
July 26th, 2009 at 04:47pm
tell me this ok is the book better than the film?
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
July 26th, 2009 at 05:53pm
steff.:
tell me this ok is the book better than the film?
Yes, much better
Jesse Lacey
Post Whore
Jesse Lacey

Mibba Blog
July 28th, 2009 at 06:54pm
The last book was horrible imo.
It ended the series in a boring way.
The first three were good though.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
July 30th, 2009 at 02:55pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
DId anyone get to the end of all the books, having read through them all in a hurry because they cared about what happened to the characters and then realise that they are the most anti-climactic books with incredibly 2 dimensional characters?

Is it just me?

Yes, perhaps.

I'm not here to hate on it, it's just that I think you get caught up in it all and then you realise at the end that actually...meh. There were a LOT of spelling errors/misuse of words in Eclipse that made the whole thing seem really lazily done to me. I felt like none of it was properly planned - like she wrote the first book and then the publishers said, you know what? A sequeal would be good. And it just carried on like that.

[/essay]

I totally agree with this, I really enjoyed reading the books and at the end of the series I was like: wtf did I just read? it's like you said: "anti-climactic books with incredibly 2 dimensional characters". It could have been a much better series if the characters had more personality.
and the spelling was annoying, words are missing and all that. And here I was, reading it in English to improve my English =P
also, it seemed to me like she wrote the first book and then made the sequels up as she went. Breaking Dawn was the worst: all this stuff crammed in one book, it was over-emotional and not really a good storyline(is that a word?)

But I still quite like the series though =P
There's just something about the simplicity of it all, everyone got their happy end, hardly anyone got hurt, and at times it's sooo fucking cheesy. And reading it is a nice escape from reality I guess
Effy
Addict
Effy
September 7th, 2009 at 02:31pm
I really like the books, but I don't quite understand why Laughing
I hate Bella with a passion and her conversations with Edward make me want to slam my head into a wall. But for some reason I did read them all within a few weeks and really enjoyed them. The movie was so bad it was hilarious, truly hilarious.
I just finished reading midnight sun which was really good, can't wait for that.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
September 16th, 2009 at 07:31am
I really hope she finishes Midnight Sun I liked t as well

& I just noticed the title of this topic.. isn't her name Stephenie Meyer
emmers_91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
emmers_91
September 16th, 2009 at 08:54pm
twilight is an okay book, and i was excited for the movie, but i saw the people they picked and i got disappointed...and now im against it Finger
Register