What Would It Be Like If Green Day Broke Up In 2000?

AuthorMessage
B.J
Falling In Love With The Board
B.J
May 25th, 2006 at 04:15am
Mikko Lindstrom:
^thanks for that. Now whoever it was doesn't have an argument.
I didn't even know the reason they'd nearly broken up was Billie Joe! I'd got it into my head that none of them really wanted to do it anymore.
Pfft.

You didnt know it was because of him?
=O
Yah, its cause he was becoming a dictator and all enclosed, not letting the others contribute to the band
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
May 25th, 2006 at 08:23am
B.J:
Mikko Lindstrom:
I didn't even know the reason they'd nearly broken up was Billie Joe! I'd got it into my head that none of them really wanted to do it anymore.
Pfft.

=O
Yah, its cause he was becoming a dictator and all enclosed, not letting the others contribute to the band

Oh yes, is always Billie's fault.

The fact Tre and Mike were laughing at his songs wasnt part of why he wanted to quit now was it? Rolling Eyes
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2006 at 08:26am
He said it was little things like "Tre calling Welcome to Paradise a shit song"

Maybe thats why they don't play it live anymore.

But he was trying to control the band a little bit... although I guess you always need someone like that: a leader.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
May 25th, 2006 at 08:30am
Billie cant help himself, he's a control freak thats pigheaded.

But it wasnt just Billie.

Im just sick of everyone at "first" (well on here anyway) being "oh Billie!" then suddenly "Billie's a dick".

He's a dick thats a good leader. Not many people can control that amount of people like he can. The man has charisma. You have to give him that.

But people like that need people to keep them grounded, puncture his ego from time to time, ect.

But if they did - It wasnt just Billie.
Des
Geek
Des
May 25th, 2006 at 08:33am
I heard about Green Day for the first time in 2004, so only thing that would've changed in my life is that I'd never heard about Green Day.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 25th, 2006 at 08:35am
They do play WTP sometimes.

I just think that Billie has a bit more responibility in the band because he is the one that writes the songs.
I think the break up was due to the fact he is a bit of a perfectionist and he resented the fact that Mike and Tre would ridicule his songs. With Mike and Tre they thout Billie was pulling a bit more weight than he should. They all have there points, it was just Billie Joe's fault.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
May 25th, 2006 at 08:36am
greendayjunkie:

I just think that Billie has a bit more responibility in the band because he is the one that writes the songs.
I think the break up was due to the fact he is a bit of a perfectionist and he resented the fact that Mike and Tre would ridicule his songs. With Mike and Tre they thout Billie was pulling a bit more weight than he should. They all have there points, it was just Billie Joe's fault.

It wasnt "his" fault. Its not "his" band.
Bat_Country_Chick
Idiot
Bat_Country_Chick

Mibba
May 25th, 2006 at 08:38am
Cass[e].:
greendayjunkie:

That is so true!!!!
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 25th, 2006 at 08:39am
Cass[e].:
greendayjunkie:

my bad, that was supposed to say 'It wasn't Just Billie Joe's fault'. Damn i need to sleep lol.
I agree with everything you have said!
B.J
Falling In Love With The Board
B.J
May 25th, 2006 at 12:08pm
Cass[e].:
B.J:
Mikko Lindstrom:
Pfft.

=O

Oh yes, is always Billie's fault.

The fact Tre and Mike were laughing at his songs wasnt part of why he wanted to quit now was it? Rolling Eyes

Didnt say it was just his fault,
I said it in a bad way
but I didnt mean it that it was just his fault >_<
of course Tre and Mike contributed somewhat but it seems a little like he was acting like it was his band
Bat_Country_Chick
Idiot
Bat_Country_Chick

Mibba
May 25th, 2006 at 12:20pm
Ok.
Tigger
Geek
Tigger

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2006 at 12:44pm
I would still be listening to N'sync and The Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears and Christina Aguilara.

And I wouldn't have discovered Green Day because, I mean, I heard a lot of their old stuff on the radio, but I fell in love with Boulevarde of Broken Dreams when it was playing one morning on the radio.

My brother got me into them more one night when I saw him watching the video for BOBD with his friend, and I didn't know what Green Day's name is, and he told me.

And I would be a prep clone.
like_a_rat_does_chez
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
like_a_rat_does_chez
May 25th, 2006 at 05:03pm
I would not be here because I am one of the many people who became a fan when American Idiot came out and instead of being here I would be on a Hilary Duff message board talking about what happened the night before on Laguna Beach....and listening to the very untalented Mariah Carey... I Don't Care Rigo sorry if that offended anyone, Sad
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 30th, 2006 at 02:20pm
I wouldn't be obsessed with Green Day if they broke up back in 2000.
Lor
Geek
Lor

Blog
May 30th, 2006 at 02:22pm
I wouldn'tve gotten into punk and such ....I think i'd be like a wannabe rapper called Fo-Shizzle if they had broken up.
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
May 30th, 2006 at 02:33pm
it would be better.....except there friendships would be ruined, so i think it would be better because we wouldn't have to deal with American Idiot.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2006 at 02:42pm
razzledgirl:
it would be better.....except there friendships would be ruined, so i think it would be better because we wouldn't have to deal with American Idiot.

American Idiot was a phenominal album, just because it wasnt similar to old Green Day albums doesnt make it horrible. It won mountains of awards and exposed kids to politics who wouldnt have normally cared.
Bat_Country_Chick
Idiot
Bat_Country_Chick

Mibba
May 30th, 2006 at 02:44pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
razzledgirl:

American Idiot was a phenominal album, just because it wasnt similar to old Green Day albums doesnt make it horrible. It won mountains of awards and exposed kids to politics who wouldnt have normally cared.

That is very true!! I agree.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2006 at 02:48pm
Saint Billie Joe:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
razzledgirl:

That is very true!! I agree.

Laughing The funny thing Is I really don't like it that much, I dont not like it, but yeah. I just don't think they should be demeaned for it. Afterall the work and effort that went in to it.
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
May 30th, 2006 at 02:54pm
I would thank God, because the shit that is AI wouldnt have been released.
Register