Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Green Day-er
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Green Day-er
April 22nd, 2006 at 01:36pm
OK i'm reading reasons like growing fan base and 10 year olds liking GD and not getting big till AI came out and beig full of themselves and nothing new or lack of good music,and i have to say WHAT THE FUCK?!?! First anyone can like them it's non of your fucking business second they AREN'T full of themselves you have even met them to say that third they DID do something new HELLOOOOOO are you ppl deaf or blind AI is new and so what if they talk about politics they write about anything they fucking want and they don't give a shit about what you think. And you call yourselves GD fans. Sorry i know everyone has his own opinion but the reasons are just so fucking stupid and i just wanted to get the weight off my shoulders.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
April 22nd, 2006 at 02:46pm
Green Day-er:
OK i'm reading reasons like growing fan base and 10 year olds liking GD and not getting big till AI came out and beig full of themselves and nothing new or lack of good music,and i have to say WHAT THE FUCK?!?! First anyone can like them it's non of your fucking business second they AREN'T full of themselves you have even met them to say that third they DID do something new HELLOOOOOO are you ppl deaf or blind AI is new and so what if they talk about politics they write about anything they fucking want and they don't give a shit about what you think. And you call yourselves GD fans. Sorry i know everyone has his own opinion but the reasons are just so fucking stupid and i just wanted to get the weight off my shoulders.

those 10 year olds are called 'teenies'
and yes they are full of themsleves. this is their best selling album but they do anything to mkae more money theyve made 5 videos and they just keep on sucking whatever they can out of it i dont even think they care about music anymore
yes. we know that and no we dont give a shit about what theyre writing about
*ahem* basically all of the n00bs on here like GD as their favorite band, and 80% (correct me) of the poeple eaither dont like GD/are slowly getting bored or sick of them, like me

yeah,people yell at me about how immature i am (if thats what you think)
iGot_moXXie
Geek
iGot_moXXie
April 22nd, 2006 at 02:50pm
I can't say I'm losing interest in them, but yes- they're getting kinda' boring.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
April 22nd, 2006 at 02:56pm
ANYWAYS..........

im am getting fucking bored with GD and ive found alot of great artists latley and i dont even think ill be obsessed with them anymore and their music is just too plain
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:05pm
...Mmmkay.

Yeah I'm losing a bit of interest in them because I've listened to them so many times and I keep hearing the same songs. When they make their new album I'll probably get back into them.
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:09pm
because they are way overplayed. im not saying i don't like them anymore, believe me i still enjoy their music. but their older stuff was way better than their newer stuff. people keep calling them "punk". that is a load of crap. they aren't even near punk. they have tons of different influences, and different sounds, and different ranges in styles of lyrics and music. they are way too overhyped now. people are taking them the wrong way. everybody is thinking "OMG BILLY JO IS SO HAWT. LYK DUN YOO JUS LUV HIS BLUE EYZZ!!?!?!". honestly, wtf. if people are going to obsess over them, at least have the decency of getting things right. i can't believe people are so nieve into thinking BJ is the hottest guy on the planet and is the only important and talented member of the group. not only do people forget about Mike and Tre, but they also forget about the rest of the guys. if your going to freak out about loving their music, you've gotta learn to respect all the members playing the instruments. if it were all about billie, then they would be called "Billie Joe". but it's not like that, that's why it's a group name, not a solo artist's name. and what i don't understand is how people obsess about Billie's wife Adie. i mean, i know she's very beautiful and very great, but come on people, she doesn't know who you are and she most likely doesn't want you to get into her personal life. and for those who hate her, for being married to "Billy Jo" ( -_- ) get a life. be happy for him that he has someone to love. and lastly,respect the producers, directors, and everyone else who makes them the way they are. because without them, there would be no green day. thank you.
katierocks
Geek
katierocks
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:15pm
ladyramone:
because they are way overplayed. im not saying i don't like them anymore, believe me i still enjoy their music. but their older stuff was way better than their newer stuff. people keep calling them "punk". that is a load of crap. they aren't even near punk. they have tons of different influences, and different sounds, and different ranges in styles of lyrics and music. they are way too overhyped now. people are taking them the wrong way. everybody is thinking "OMG BILLY JO IS SO HAWT. LYK DUN YOO JUS LUV HIS BLUE EYZZ!!?!?!". honestly, wtf. if people are going to obsess over them, at least have the decency of getting things right. i can't believe people are so nieve into thinking BJ is the hottest guy on the planet and is the only important and talented member of the group. not only do people forget about Mike and Tre, but they also forget about the rest of the guys. if your going to freak out about loving their music, you've gotta learn to respect all the members playing the instruments. if it were all about billie, then they would be called "Billie Joe". but it's not like that, that's why it's a group name, not a solo artist's name. and what i don't understand is how people obsess about Billie's wife Adie. i mean, i know she's very beautiful and very great, but come on people, she doesn't know who you are and she most likely doesn't want you to get into her personal life. and for those who hate her, for being married to "Billy Jo" ( -_- ) get a life. be happy for him that he has someone to love. and lastly,respect the producers, directors, and everyone else who makes them the way they are. because without them, there would be no green day. thank you.

long, but very, very true
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:16pm
I haven't lost interest in them completly, but I am less obcessed than I used to be. I have listened to the GD CDs I have too many times, but when they release a new CD, I'll be REALLY into them again. And Billie Joe is the hottest guy in the world.
Joey's Dreamer
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Joey's Dreamer
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:26pm
well sometimes you have a move on at least a little bit from looking at the same 3 guys for an extensive period of time
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:27pm
I love them but I used to be really obsessed but not as obsessed now but i still like them a lot and they are my favorite band.
=)
Idiot
=)
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:30pm
ladyramone:

Hardly any of that is true.

One: Almost ALL Green Day fans now that Green Day isn't punk. They are Alternative. K? Wink

Two: I have never seen someone who actually talked like that or said that (see bold). Stop exaggerating, you fucking sheep.

Three: No Green Day fan singles out Billie Joe, we love Mike and Tre just as much. And if anyone singles him out, it's people who aren't even fans, and they shouldn't be a reason to not like Green Day. (Not saying you do...)

Four: I have Never, I repeat: NEVER, seen or met an Adie hater. We love her just as much as Billie Joe. Again, stop fucking exaggerating.

Do you get the picture? Wink
Dysentery Gary
Geek
Dysentery Gary
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:36pm
Im not really loosing intrest but i havent listened to them in the past 4 months, when i did, they were all i listened to but now im getting into new bands and the concerts i go to are local and thats when i get to meet the bands playing and there are 4 bands playing that sell their merchendise so i can buy their cd's..
it sucks Green Day cant do concerts like that anymore..

they should!
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:37pm
Stick It To The Man:
ladyramone:

One: Almost ALL Green Day fans now that Green Day isn't punk. They are Alternative. K? Wink

Two: I have never seen someone who actually talked like that or said that (see bold). Stop exaggerating, you fucking sheep.

Three: No Green Day fan singles out Billie Joe, we love Mike and Tre just as much. And if anyone singles him out, it's people who aren't even fans, and they shouldn't be a reason to not like Green Day. (Not saying you do...)

Four: I have Never, I repeat: NEVER, seen or met an Adie hater. We love her just as much as Billie Joe. Again, stop fucking exaggerating.

maybe people on this site don't hate Adie, but there was this one site where people made a petition about killing Adie. Shocked
xxPrincess_Whatsernamexx
Geek
xxPrincess_Whatsernamexx
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:39pm
I'm just getting bored with hearing the same stuff over and over again....I'm starting to listen to some other bands more...i still like GD i just don't listen to them all the time like i used to.
=)
Idiot
=)
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:42pm
Don't Speak:
Stick It To The Man:
ladyramone:

maybe people on this site don't hate Adie, but there was this one site where people made a petition about killing Adie. Shocked

Shocked Teenie, maybe? Laughing
Santa Billie
Falling In Love With The Board
Santa Billie
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:47pm
It's as smiple as this: if you are a true Green Day fan, then all of the "sell out" "overplayed" "teenie"
shit means NOTHING.

How come none of it bothers me?

Because I am a real fan.

If you are sick of Green Day because FIVE OF THEIR 150 SONGS HAVE BEEN OVERPLAYED, then you
aren't a true Green Day fan.

And things like people saying they hate Adie shouldn't matter....
HappilySuicidal
Geek
HappilySuicidal
April 22nd, 2006 at 03:53pm
Green Day-er:

Im guessing the first bit (Bold) corasponds to what i said.

I was saying i understand what Three Nil had said. its not what i feel like now.

I get the thing about loosing intrest because of the growing fan base.
It doesnt bother me anymore, but when AI first came out and thousands of 10 year old girls where talking about them I was kinda anoyed. Green Day was MY band I didnt want to shair them with thousends of anoying little ankle biters.

I was just being a selfish brat lol. Now i dont care. There can be as many GD fans as there are ppl in the world and they would still be my band. Smile
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
April 22nd, 2006 at 07:24pm
HappilySuicidal:

I was just being a selfish brat lol. Now i dont care. There can be as many GD fans as there are ppl in the world and they would still be my band. Smile

awww!! that's a sweet sentiment. Retard
It Had to Be You.
King For A Couple Of Days
It Had to Be You.
April 22nd, 2006 at 07:25pm
pearlyfrets:
HappilySuicidal:

awww!! that's a sweet sentiment. Retard
Smile That makes me all tingly inside. Retard
ladyramone
Post Whore
ladyramone
April 22nd, 2006 at 07:27pm
SantaBillieLovesHalifax!:
It's as smiple as this: if you are a true Green Day fan, then all of the "sell out" "overplayed" "teenie"
shit means NOTHING.

How come none of it bothers me?

Because I am a real fan.

If you are sick of Green Day because FIVE OF THEIR 150 SONGS HAVE BEEN OVERPLAYED, then you
aren't a true Green Day fan.

And things like people saying they hate Adie shouldn't matter....
you can't tell me how i feel, or how well of a fan i am. thanks.
Register