Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Paperback Writer
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Paperback Writer
April 19th, 2006 at 10:44pm
Green Day don't exist....
to me....it's that there not profound enough.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
April 19th, 2006 at 10:46pm
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
I'm getting sick of the American Idiot deal Rolling Eyes I'm sick of how famous they've suddenly became. In my opinion, they were better during Nimrod through Warning when they were laid back..they're just too..bleh..I dunno anymore..although everyone will argue about it, American Idiot is starting to go to their heads...it's obvious.
I like bands who are real. Green Day..they're just..they're becoming too full of themselves it seems..and it's bothin me.

"how famous they've suddenly became"

Eh

they didnt "suddenly" get famous though. They've been famous since Dookie - imagine how they must of felt (their 'fan base'). Now thats 'suddenely famous'. They were just out of the spotlight more because the albums didnt do as good as what AI is doing.
I do know what you mean since their online store has now got "BoBD streetsigns" for sale. -__- But still... They know they have to make the most of it because they know it might not last.
the resistance.
King For A Couple Of Days
the resistance.

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 10:49pm
Heartbreak In Stereo:
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
I'm getting sick of the American Idiot deal Rolling Eyes I'm sick of how famous they've suddenly became. In my opinion, they were better during Nimrod through Warning when they were laid back..they're just too..bleh..I dunno anymore..although everyone will argue about it, American Idiot is starting to go to their heads...it's obvious.
I like bands who are real. Green Day..they're just..they're becoming too full of themselves it seems..and it's bothin me.

Eh

they didnt "suddenly" get famous though. They've been famous since Dookie - imagine how they must of felt (their 'fan base'). Now thats 'suddenely famous'. They were just out of the spotlight more because the albums didnt do as good as what AI is doing.
I do know what you mean since their online store has now got "BoBD streetsigns" for sale. -__- But still... They know they have to make the most of it because they know it might not last.

yeah
I didn't mean like..they suddenly became famous. Dookie was great, and yeah, they've been famous since then. I didn't see them much on Tv before American Idiot, truthfully...but now it's like BAM! They're all over @_@
they have 'BoBD streetsigns' for sale now?
wow ._.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
April 19th, 2006 at 10:51pm
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
Heartbreak In Stereo:
Ze Nerd, Bitch:

Eh

yeah
I didn't mean like..they suddenly became famous. Dookie was great, and yeah, they've been famous since then. I didn't see them much on Tv before American Idiot, truthfully...but now it's like BAM! They're all over @_@
wow ._.

They were on TV more when Dookie was out. EVERYWHERE. Just not like award shows....

Yes, and I thought the underwear thing was bad.....
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
April 19th, 2006 at 10:54pm
They were on TV more when Dookie was out. EVERYWHERE. Just not like award shows....

exactly dookie is waaaaaaay bigger than american idiot so everyone thats like
i hate ai cause its new and popular
the resistance.
the resistance.

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 10:55pm
Heartbreak In Stereo:
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
Heartbreak In Stereo:
Ze Nerd, Bitch:

Eh

yeah
wow ._.

Yes, and I thought the underwear thing was bad.....

I wasn't old enough to know what music was when Dookie was out, so I never saw much. Dookie did do a lot for them, yeah. But even Mike said on Bullet in a Bible..they're out of the shadow of Dookie now. I still love the cd Dookie

Yeah, the underwear is thing is sad.
my friend even has post-it notes of them..
White Riot
White Riot
April 19th, 2006 at 11:02pm
I'm quite sick of them.
=)
Idiot
=)
April 19th, 2006 at 11:05pm
iamkiller:
I still love them. I think they kickass. And they don't give a shit. They're outcasts. They write from a teenager's point of view (which is why they have a young fanbase). And they are losers just like us.

I like looking at it that way. Even though they're very big in music now, they're still like how they've always been. They're funny, and have a good sense of humor.

They're just good guys, ya'know?
=)
Idiot
=)
April 19th, 2006 at 11:13pm
Fox:
I think that GSB made me lose interest in Green Day. People here love them too much and listen to them alone, and that is just sickening really.
And less we forget the fact that they are sellouts. They are everywhere nowadays, and it's just absolutely tiring.

But sure. I still listen to them once in a while. Most of their music is good and that is what matters.

Ten Bucks says one of those "people" is me. Cool Yeayah.

But you know what? That same affect that made you sick of Green Day is making me sick of people who call them sell outs. Can we please stop with the whole sell out thing? It's becoming as overrated as MySpace. Wink

And tsk, tsk. All of their music is good. At least, in my eyes. Smile
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 11:51pm
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
Heartbreak In Stereo:
Ze Nerd, Bitch:

Eh

yeah
wow ._.

Man, they were on TV all the time before American Idiot. Maybe not the point where they weren't really doing much, but before that? Hell.

And they have 'BOBD Streetsigns', so what? What if that was a single off of another album? Would you mind then?

I like to stick up for these kids.
Megan.
Falling In Love With The Board
Megan.
April 19th, 2006 at 11:53pm
iamkiller:
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
Heartbreak In Stereo:
Ze Nerd, Bitch:

Eh

yeah
wow ._.

Man, they were on TV all the time before American Idiot. Maybe not the point where they weren't really doing much, but before that? Hell.

And they have 'BOBD Streetsigns', so what? What if that was a single off of another album? Would you mind then?

I like to stick up for these kids.

..I actually kinda like the idea of BOBD signs... Mr. Green
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 11:53pm
Stick It To The Man:
iamkiller:
I still love them. I think they kickass. And they don't give a shit. They're outcasts. They write from a teenager's point of view (which is why they have a young fanbase). And they are losers just like us.

I like looking at it that way. Even though they're very big in music now, they're still like how they've always been. They're funny, and have a good sense of humor.

They're just good guys, ya'know?

I just don't base my judgements on bands for their fanbase.

If other's like them, then they've gotta be good, right? Who really gives a shit. "American Idiot" was a good 'new' break for them; good for them! Live it up.

You never know these things.
GreenDay_Fan17
Addict
GreenDay_Fan17
April 20th, 2006 at 12:22am
strummer92:

exactly dookie is waaaaaaay bigger than american idiot so everyone thats like
i hate ai cause its new and popular

That's a really pathetic reason to hate the American Idiot album

Dookie + American Idiot = Done by the same group get over it! They aren't any different
the_christian_chick
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the_christian_chick
April 20th, 2006 at 12:27am
Yeah.
Ill probably belike alot of you after a couple of years, or mabey it wont be just a phase for me.
I used to be a prep, but i started to listen to green day, and they changed my life. and this really happened. Because of them, I dont think that i have to fit in any more. And it may sound cheesy, but its true.
And,
Theyre gonna change their music, and they have. It would be alot more boring than you think if they didnt change their music at all.
But,
I do agree with you that thier overplayed on the radio, and on mtv and such, but at least its not all hip-hop...
and i do think that they over advertized BIAB
I have mixed feelings.
But i truthfully dont think that ill lose intrest in them untill they split up, wich i hope doesnt happen for a long time. You guys may have a different opinion, but this is my opinion, and im entitled to it, like you all are to yours.
and...
They are still in the process of making the AI movie. They already hired the director, but they still gotta make a script and everything, so just because they dont have one out, doesnt mean that theres not gonna be one.
AND...
Id like to see where they said that they sere gonna make a video for every song, cause do you know how long that would take?[not that they dont have it,but,]how much money?
Id still like to see where they said that they were gonna do that.
please pm me the page!
like i said...
mixed feelings
OMG, Shoes.
Geek
OMG, Shoes.
April 20th, 2006 at 12:35am
They haven't done anything new in a while.
Baguelle
Baguelle
April 20th, 2006 at 12:46am
I love them a lot, but they haven't done anything new lately. It's like my break right now. And plus, I found The Strokes.

Don't get me wrong, they're still my favorite band and all, but like I said, it's break time. I've had enough obsession.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 20th, 2006 at 06:28am
Oops... I did Tre Again:

So listen to their old stuff Retard
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 20th, 2006 at 06:34am
Up Up Up @ Moose, Cassie & hdfjgld

To the bad word people, who think they were too 'present' .. don't you think they earn the whole Award stuff and prices, they worked they ass off for it Cool
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
April 20th, 2006 at 06:39am
Sell Out:
The Virus Of Life:
DUI:
TreIsCool32:
DUI:
TreIsCool32:
Because Aaron North came along.
However, I still love their music.

one question...whos Aaron north
Nine Inch Nails' current guitarist.

is he better than bj?

Yes. Billie Joe is not really good at guitar, thats why everyone can play Green Day.

In my first year of learning guitar, i learned 38 green day songs. lmfao

But punk is normally easy to play, I don't think Billie was like "I can't play guitar so I'll be in a punk band instead" And... how easy is the WMUWSE-solo? And during the concerts it's not very strange Jason makes the solos, cause Billie is like... well jumping around and meeting the crowd. It would be boring if he just stood there and played, really. And what about the other about 100 Green Day songs? I'm sure there are a lot of hard ones. And plenty of chords are difficult too.
Madeluxx
Madeluxx

Mibba
April 20th, 2006 at 06:39am
Oops... I did Tre Again:

They're human give them a break.

Green Day are great and always will be. People who stop liking a band because they get too famous are lame...they're obviously not real fans are they... Rolling Eyes
Register