Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Babi Kid Rachy
King For A Couple Of Days
Babi Kid Rachy
April 19th, 2006 at 08:27am
I do not like them anymore.
Getting a bit tired of hearing them.
Still love the old music though...

Yeah in Kerrang it says American Idiot is ''Your Favourite Video Ever!''
I do not agree anymore.
Anneka-Rice
Geek
Anneka-Rice

Blog
April 19th, 2006 at 08:29am
Rachel<3 Fall Out Boy:
I do not like them anymore.
Getting a bit tired of hearing them.
Still love the old music though...

Yeah in Kerrang it says American Idiot is ''Your Favourite Video Ever!''
I do not agree anymore.
Same here.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 19th, 2006 at 09:31am
LuLu:
I'm growing slightly weary of how they seem to be number one all the time. For example in Kerrang! magazine this weeks feature is 100 Best Rock Videos, guess who's number 1? And with the video for American Idiot which, to be honest, is not what I would call number 1 and nor do I think it is their best video though don't get me wrong I like it. Sort of.

I just feel that they seem to be there all the time and although I'm happy for them there are times where I'll say loudly to the TV when watching an award show, "Please, enough already!"

Rant over.

I think American Idiot won is right. Amazing Vid. Cool
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 09:46am
I still love them. I think they kickass. And they don't give a shit. They're outcasts. They write from a teenager's point of view (which is why they have a young fanbase). And they are losers just like us.
CaLLmeWhaTyOuWiLL
Geek
CaLLmeWhaTyOuWiLL
April 19th, 2006 at 11:04am
I used to be really obsessed with them, but now a few of their songs are getting kind of old, and I hate that this is happening, btu I still love them a lot, and I try not to over-listen to certain songs. I think I must have hear dlongview about 1,001 times.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 12:55pm
iamkiller:
I still love them. I think they kickass. And they don't give a shit. They're outcasts. They write from a teenager's point of view (which is why they have a young fanbase). And they are losers just like us.

LOSER!

-points and stares-

No, I shall not be off topic. Shifty
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 12:57pm
Ella:
iamkiller:

LOSER!

-points and stares-

No, I shall not be off topic. Shifty

Cool "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me"

GREEN DAY TAUGHT ME THIS Hand
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 19th, 2006 at 03:08pm
iamkiller:

Awww. Up
L Lawliet
Idiot
L Lawliet
April 19th, 2006 at 03:14pm
They're awesome and everything, but they can't keep dragging on with AI. They should get to work on new material.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 19th, 2006 at 03:15pm
Fox Rocks and Coke:
They're awesome and everything, but they can't keep dragging on with AI. They should get to work on new material.

They do o_O
I Heart Bunney
Falling In Love With The Board
I Heart Bunney
April 19th, 2006 at 03:49pm
TreCoolistsogeil:
LuLu:
I'm growing slightly weary of how they seem to be number one all the time. For example in Kerrang! magazine this weeks feature is 100 Best Rock Videos, guess who's number 1? And with the video for American Idiot which, to be honest, is not what I would call number 1 and nor do I think it is their best video though don't get me wrong I like it. Sort of.

I just feel that they seem to be there all the time and although I'm happy for them there are times where I'll say loudly to the TV when watching an award show, "Please, enough already!"

Rant over.

I think American Idiot won is right. Amazing Vid. Cool

Yeah, at least BOBD wasn't in the chart. Very Happy
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 04:12pm
TreCoolistsogeil:
Fox Rocks and Coke:

They do o_O

LOL. It hasn't always been about "American Idiot" anyways.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
April 19th, 2006 at 04:16pm
Yer I have just got back from a HIM gig and I love a lot more bands now.... More than I ever did Iam thankful that they introduced me to punk music and metal and all that but they are still my fave band... I love em just love em
GreenDayfanatic07
Geek
GreenDayfanatic07

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 04:18pm
To be honest, I can't see why people are getting sick of Green Day. I mean REALLY! Then, why the hell r u on this site if you dont like them?

jerks
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
April 19th, 2006 at 04:18pm
i'm jsut sick of hearing F*CK bush , or hearing anyhting off of AI .... its been overplayed i used to be obsessed , the number one reason i've lost interest though , they have GD everything , boxers, alram clocks , and pillowcases i'm sick of seeing hte heart grenade on everything , and i'm sick of them on every magazine cover ...... i still love hte old stuff though
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
April 19th, 2006 at 04:19pm
LuLu:

Rant over.

But it isn't as though GD asked to have their vid placed at number one. Kerrang! compiles the list. And in two years, when they do the list again, the number one video "of all time" will be something else.

What you seem to be annoyed at is that they have over-exposure, not anything specifically about the band nor the music. Which is kinda...lame. Turn off your tv, perhaps?
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
April 19th, 2006 at 10:35pm
L...ik.:
LuLu:

Rant over.

But it isn't as though GD asked to have their vid placed at number one. Kerrang! compiles the list. And in two years, when they do the list again, the number one video "of all time" will be something else.

What you seem to be annoyed at is that they have over-exposure, not anything specifically about the band nor the music. Which is kinda...lame. Turn off your tv, perhaps?

Exactly. Turn your TV off then.

I congratulate them so much for everything they've earnt for AI. So many years with "failed albums" after Dookie and 1 song Good Riddance (TOYL). Then they "hit the jackpot" so to speak and are back on top again and all you people can say is "enough is enough" Rolling Eyes Geeeeeeeez...... You have NO idea how hard the music industry is man. NO idea....

And that was a pretty shitty rant.
Megan.
Megan.
April 19th, 2006 at 10:38pm
Heartbreak In Stereo:
L...ik.:
LuLu:

Rant over.

Exactly. Turn your TV off then.

I congratulate them so much for everything they've earnt for AI. So many years with "failed albums" after Dookie and 1 song Good Riddance (TOYL). Then they "hit the jackpot" so to speak and are back on top again and all you people can say is "enough is enough" Rolling Eyes Geeeeeeeez...... You have NO idea how hard the music industry is man. NO idea....

And that was a pretty shitty rant.

Clap @ you and Lik.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 10:38pm
Its a phase I go through all the time.....
It just gets old. They're become the same faces over and over. I like change.
This year Im heavily into wrestling :/ Who woulda thought? I like it though..
the resistance.
King For A Couple Of Days
the resistance.

Mibba
April 19th, 2006 at 10:42pm
I'm getting sick of the American Idiot deal Rolling Eyes I'm sick of how famous they've suddenly became. In my opinion, they were better during Nimrod through Warning when they were laid back..they're just too..bleh..I dunno anymore..although everyone will argue about it, American Idiot is starting to go to their heads...
I like bands who are real. Green Day..they're just..they're becoming too full of themselves it seems with all the eyeliner and crap..
Don't get me wrong, I do like Green Day..and they are one of my favorite bands and I know they worked for American Idiot, so it's great how everything it turning out for them..but..meh..I dunno..
Register