Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Minority_Under_Dog
Falling In Love With The Board
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 06:51pm
The Fool on the Hill:
I'm getting into other music. I still love them, I'm just... broadening my horizon if that makes sense Wink
Agree with you. I'll always love Green Day. If not for them I might not have gotten into this music.
Batteries Not Included.
King For A Couple Of Days
Batteries Not Included.
June 18th, 2006 at 07:41pm
nope. but i am getting into other bands. green day will always be my favorite band. Very Happy
staceface
Geek
staceface
June 18th, 2006 at 11:08pm
i still love them, it's just that now they don't have that oomf they used to have for me....but wow, i mean, it's such a difference from before when i was like *gasp* they are on tv or something, you know? but whatever, i know that when they make an explosion again with amazing material i will get that same feeling back
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
June 22nd, 2006 at 12:16am
KayCool123:
I listen to thier music about 5 hours every day, and never ever get tired of it.......never........
Never say never. I too thought I would never get tired of GD

I just seem to be getting into and liking music that is different from Green Day. I still respect them as a band but they are just not my first chioce of music
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
June 22nd, 2006 at 12:37am
I haven't lost interest.

I've just gotten better at hiding it.
KayCool123
Geek
KayCool123
June 22nd, 2006 at 12:45am
Erin? Fuck That Bitch:
KayCool123:
I listen to thier music about 5 hours every day, and never ever get tired of it.......never........

I just seem to be getting into and liking music that is different from Green Day. I still respect them as a band but they are just not my first chioce of music

Yes but I also throw in some Panic!,M.C.R, and The Living End in everday too.
GreenDayCastaway
GreenDayCastaway
June 22nd, 2006 at 01:11am
Erin? Fuck That Bitch:
KayCool123:

yeah me too. i'm getting into more indie stuff. i have the weirdest taste in music. =)
*sweetly sarcastic*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*sweetly sarcastic*
June 23rd, 2006 at 10:00pm
im not losing interest in Green Day but i'm totally losing interest in AI. It's bugging me. I listen to Green Day, like, 40 times a day, but i've kinda boycotted AI. Its gotten too popular. And I hate those kids walking around wearing those AI shirts and you're like, "Oh, you're a Green Day fan?" and they're like, "Yeah are you?" and you're like "Yeah! So what are youre favorite songs?" and they go, "Wake me up when september ends or BOBD." and you're like, "What other songs do you know?" and they say, "Holiday." I CANT STAND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only AI song that I've remained faithful to is Jesus of Suburbia.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 23rd, 2006 at 10:16pm
i'm starting to listen to other bands , a slightly different style ( i guess i'm now into 'emo' music )
i'm jsut sick of seeing that damn heart grenade its everywhere. I just think i've listened to them too much
and yes that is possible so don't bitch out and be like thats not possible its semi-dilusional, i was at that point once too thinking they were the only good band ever ..... ITS NOT TRUE
Last Kennedy Alive
Geek
Last Kennedy Alive
June 23rd, 2006 at 10:20pm
I've never lost interest in Green Day; it's just that Green Day, like it or not, is a band that produces what i like to call 'The Boom', when somebody is more likely to listen to some bands than others. Eventually, you'll get The Boom from another band and you'll get crazy over that band, until some new band comes up. You never lose complete interest in some band you really like.
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
June 24th, 2006 at 10:37am
Actually I love them more all the time. I'm not losing interest; I'm gaining Wink I just finished reading my GD book that took 2 days and it made me love them even more. I already knew ALOT of it though, but it was still great.
Sorry I kinda went off topic.. and I said what you said not to say. Embarassed
Forget December
Geek
Forget December
June 24th, 2006 at 11:10am
I have lost alot of interest in them. I think it was the fact that I listened to them none stop. When I occasionally slip on the 'Dookie' album or something, I find that I enjoy the music more because I dont listen to them that often. I always class them as my favourite band though.

I listen to Slipknot and Murderdolls, stuff like that now. I think they have kinda led me away from Green Day.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
June 24th, 2006 at 11:24am
If you were a fan at any stage you would not lose interest. I know Im going to make a lot of enemies saying this but Im not going to pretend to agree with everyone else. I know the posers are annoying but the musics still great and so is are they. This is a stoopid thread (in my opinion). If you like green day you like them if you dont you dont so delete your profile and get off this site.
P.S i know you said dont say ive not lost interest but rules are made to be broken. i dont mean to annoy anyone by this so dont get all angry at me okay
Trina
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 24th, 2006 at 11:25am
Spanish Princess:
I've never lost interest in Green Day; it's just that Green Day, like it or not, is a band that produces what i like to call 'The Boom', when somebody is more likely to listen to some bands than others. Eventually, you'll get The Boom from another band and you'll get crazy over that band, until some new band comes up. You never lose complete interest in some band you really like.

That's a good View .. :]
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 24th, 2006 at 11:28am
Spanish Princess:

I like your way of thinking!!!! Cool
rotten4ever
Geek
rotten4ever
June 24th, 2006 at 11:56am
I think if you like a band you'll stick by them and try to see their point of view. Green Day brought the government to the attention of the US and they said stuff people were afraid to say. The teenies and new fans, they just want them, they don't wanna know Green Day's roots and inspirations. Some new fans do, but teenies just want them. The Sex Pistols, are my favourite band, they sang about politics and The Clash was like the CNN of punk rock. They sang about what was happening at the time, like rasism and rising record prices. Green Day is taking after them. The Clash wore crazy outfits, Green Day does, too. They're older now, they have kids and a family, the can't sing about maturbation and being lazy forever, even if we want them to, they need to be an inspiration to their kids.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
June 24th, 2006 at 12:00pm
rotten4ever:
I think if you like a band you'll stick by them and try to see their point of view. Green Day brought the government to the attention of the US and they said stuff people were afraid to say. The teenies and new fans, they just want them, they don't wanna know Green Day's roots and inspirations. Some new fans do, but teenies just want them. The Sex Pistols, are my favourite band, they sang about politics and The Clash was like the CNN of punk rock. They sang about what was happening at the time, like rasism and rising record prices. Green Day is taking after them. The Clash wore crazy outfits, Green Day does, too. They're older now, they have kids and a family, the can't sing about maturbation and being lazy forever, even if we want them to, they need to be an inspiration to their kids.
Thats exactly how i feel you put it better than i was trying to. Especially the stick by them bit.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 24th, 2006 at 12:06pm
For me the only reason I haven't listend to Green Day a lot recently/as frequently as I used to is becuase I get new CDs all the time. I have like 130 of my own and access to near-on 2000 with my dad's stuff and I try to listen to as much of (my own CDs at least) as I can. I guess when they bring out their next CD I'll start listening to them again, or if I just feel in the right mood some time.
whatwasithinking
Geek
whatwasithinking

Blog
June 24th, 2006 at 12:14pm
Because they can't talk about anything original. And I just kind of changed my taste in music.
Forget December
Geek
Forget December
June 24th, 2006 at 05:20pm
michaeldirnt:
If you were a fan at any stage you would not lose interest. I know Im going to make a lot of enemies saying this but Im not going to pretend to agree with everyone else. I know the posers are annoying but the musics still great and so is are they. This is a stoopid thread (in my opinion). If you like green day you like them if you dont you dont so delete your profile and get off this site.
P.S i know you said dont say ive not lost interest but rules are made to be broken. i dont mean to annoy anyone by this so dont get all angry at me okay
Trina

I've descovered more bands, better bands, and I dont listen to Green Day alot, but that does NOT mean I am not a Green Day fan.
Register