Anyone notice something about girls in bands?

AuthorMessage
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
January 21st, 2007 at 07:00pm
Their songs are a lot more... painful, and they always drop out, or their band quits..
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 12:23am
The Cranberries, Flee The Seen, Kittie, Paramore, The Horrorpops, The Distillers, No Doubt, and Flogging Molly.

Just a handfull of the successfull bands with females.
Kittie is an all female band, and they're awesome.
Gwen Stefani moved on from No Doubt to have a very successfull career.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 25th, 2007 at 12:47am
Veritas:
The Cranberries, Flee The Seen, Kittie, Paramore, The Horrorpops, The Distillers, No Doubt, and Flogging Molly.

Just a handfull of the successfull bands with females.
Kittie is an all female band, and they're awesome.
Gwen Stefani moved on from No Doubt to have a very successfull career.

kittie is pretty kick ass. they have an asian girl in the band as guitarist i think...damn her, i wanted to be the first successful female asian guitarist =P

i was looking through my cd collection...and not one of the cds have a female in the band.....[and i own a LOT of cds o_O]
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 06:11pm
Kittie kicks ass!!!!

'All I Ever Wanted' is the best!
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 01:52am
Lillix is pretty good, and they're all female. I think all of them sing, too. I only heard one song of theirs, but I liked it loads.
Greenzzz
Greenzzz
January 27th, 2007 at 08:03am
the subways have a girl on bass.. she also does some vocs.. but i dont like her voice that much.

in my band are 2 girls Very Happy me (guitar and backup vocs) and maggie (vocals)
Miss Katy
Jackass
Miss Katy
February 3rd, 2007 at 07:27am
I have major love for bands with girls in them.
The Subways, The Dresden Dolls, Metric, Be Your Own PET, No Doubt, Blood Red Shoes, The Pipettes, Rilo Kiley, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Paramore, The Distillers, Garbage.... I'm sure there are loads more that I've forgotten....
They are all amazing Very Happy
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2007 at 09:36am
JOAN JETT AND ZE BLACKHEARTS! *cough* Sorry. I've been listening to like three of her songs over and over.
Greenzzz
Greenzzz
February 4th, 2007 at 04:20pm
nikki corvette rules
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
February 4th, 2007 at 04:45pm
Franny.:
Dom:

I think the thing is with a lot of girls is they give up too easy. You see it so often they play guitar for a few weeks, decided its a bit difficult and switch to bass.

you're so right. chicks always end up playing bass or singing. we need some insane shred-chick. i can shred a bit, but i'm not insane lol.

I plan to be the first insane-shred chick. haha. Well, that'd be nice, although I'm definitely not that good yet. But yeah, you're right, a lot of girls wind up playing all rhythm guitar or just bass because those are easier. But I play guitar in a band with 4 guys, and the other guitarist and I switch off on lead duties. Not to be cocky, but I'm just as good as he is Shifty
Franny.
Franny.
February 5th, 2007 at 01:47am
Janie Jones:
Franny.:
Dom:

I think the thing is with a lot of girls is they give up too easy. You see it so often they play guitar for a few weeks, decided its a bit difficult and switch to bass.

you're so right. chicks always end up playing bass or singing. we need some insane shred-chick. i can shred a bit, but i'm not insane lol.

I plan to be the first insane-shred chick. haha. Well, that'd be nice, although I'm definitely not that good yet. But yeah, you're right, a lot of girls wind up playing all rhythm guitar or just bass because those are easier. But I play guitar in a band with 4 guys, and the other guitarist and I switch off on lead duties. Not to be cocky, but I'm just as good as he is Shifty

it's rad when chicks can shred. it's even better when chicks own guys at it haha. i can shred some, but i do prefer the rhythmic duties. i'm a huge fan of harmonies so i like writing those lines, which could get pretty insane =P

is anyone's favorite band an all female band? [just curious]
TDM_Sandra
Geek
TDM_Sandra
February 5th, 2007 at 08:54am
its true that most of the time its the male musicians and a female singer o.o

but i know several bands that have also female drummers but theyre all local Shocked
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
February 18th, 2007 at 04:17pm
im a girl and im in a band
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
February 18th, 2007 at 04:19pm
Evanescence

that band has a female lead singer
Greenzzz
Greenzzz
February 19th, 2007 at 05:01am
whatsername48417:
Evanescence

but she does'nt play a musical instrument,
Franny.
Franny.
February 19th, 2007 at 10:18am
merel:
whatsername48417:
Evanescence

but she does'nt play a musical instrument,

she plays piano
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
February 19th, 2007 at 11:12am
Though the Distillers just broke up, they were an amazing band when they were around and had a female singer. Dno
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 20th, 2007 at 01:08am
Bratmobile. They are real riotgrrls. If you want to listen to a real all girl punk band, they're one of them. Save Ferris is a ska band with a female lead singer and they rock.

Personally, I like that there aren't many girl bands or lead female singers in mainstream music. It's like certain male groups are either really good, and a famous (but even the fact that they are good it debatable) or they suck. Girl bands are in the middle, like they're all to good to burst into mainstream music, yet none of them are terrible. My friend is recording stuff for Sony right now. When her band go out, I'll let you all know.
american_-_-_shenanigan
Geek
american_-_-_shenanigan
February 21st, 2007 at 12:36pm
Fear & Regret.:
the von bondies are 2 girls and 2 boys and they're amazing Cool

Five: OMGyes i think i just fell in love with you ...

I Adore the Von Bondies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 21st, 2007 at 12:48pm
The Magic Numbers are pretty good.
Register