Anyone notice something about girls in bands?

AuthorMessage
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 12:37pm
GreenDay420:
Dom:

I think the thing is with a lot of girls is they give up too easy. You see it so often they play guitar for a few weeks, decided its a bit difficult and switch to bass.

you're so right. chicks always end up playing bass or singing. we need some insane shred-chick. i can shred a bit, but i'm not insane lol.

I'm in a band... Yes, I play bass, But I started out on bass, and I'm learning a bit of guitar. Both our guitarists are girls. And they are amazing... considering they havent been playing too long. Don't expect a female Jimmy Page any time soon though lol.
Mellon * Collie
Geek
Mellon * Collie
July 12th, 2006 at 09:38pm
the smashing pumpkins bassist was a girl... 2 different girls actually.
MarioGirl
Geek
MarioGirl
July 14th, 2006 at 01:05pm
Its because there is a lot of fake girls out there, and on average, most people prefur guys voices.
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
July 14th, 2006 at 01:47pm
Tre Cool is a lady and he is in Green Day
has any1 noticed that? Laughing

I get what you are saying i guess i do see it
IsabellaJade
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
IsabellaJade
September 13th, 2006 at 07:34pm
flyleaf has a girl lead singer and they rock
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
September 13th, 2006 at 08:16pm
The only band that I like with a girl in it is Flyleaf, and thers also Evanesence.
Bothare popular, but not huge.
I know what you mean.
Personally, I prefer all guy bands.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
September 13th, 2006 at 09:11pm
Dom:
GreenDay420:
Dom:

I think the thing is with a lot of girls is they give up too easy. You see it so often they play guitar for a few weeks, decided its a bit difficult and switch to bass.

you're so right. chicks always end up playing bass or singing. we need some insane shred-chick. i can shred a bit, but i'm not insane lol.

are you a chick? Ive noticed that ive never known of a girl playing guitar in a metal band.

and like two months later. yes i am a chick haha. and even with my small little asian hands i know i'll never get close to that damn herman li (hehehe) but i practice lots to just improve. i think girls these days gets distracted by more things than boys do. they got their image that they constantly have to fix and their boyfriends that they constantly have to apease to, it's a lot of stuff to work with. me, i got none of that so i'm like a dude in a chick form hahah.
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 15th, 2006 at 11:12pm
greenday6:
I'd like to disagree with Green Day not having a girl in the group, I'm just going to be nice though and not mention any names. The Smashing Pumpkins had D'arcy, and the White Stripes have Meg. I could go on thinking of successful female musicians but I won't, because I'm lazy and then I'd seem like more of an asshole.

i was just going to mention the smashing pumpkins and d'arcy.

and if you believe someone's gender can curse a band, then you're an idiot.
Franny.
Franny.
September 15th, 2006 at 11:31pm
Watoosh!:
greenday6:
I'd like to disagree with Green Day not having a girl in the group, I'm just going to be nice though and not mention any names. The Smashing Pumpkins had D'arcy, and the White Stripes have Meg. I could go on thinking of successful female musicians but I won't, because I'm lazy and then I'd seem like more of an asshole.

that's ignorant of you to say. i wouldn't say that people think it's a "curse" but looking back in music's history, MOST bands that are notably famous are all-male bands. of course there are a few that have female(s) in them and the're famous, but just a few.
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 16th, 2006 at 10:31am
GreenDay420:
Watoosh!:
greenday6:

that's ignorant of you to say. i wouldn't say that people think it's a "curse" but looking back in music's history, MOST bands that are notably famous are all-male bands. of course there are a few that have female(s) in them and the're famous, but just a few.

you didn't say it was a curse, but someone else did.

and yeah, there are a lot more successful guy bands, but that's just because there are more guys in bands in general.
Jesus_of_surburbia_74
King For A Couple Of Days
Jesus_of_surburbia_74

Blog
September 19th, 2006 at 12:07pm
The subways and paramore have giirls and in my opinoion there good and succesful
Chipper
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chipper
September 19th, 2006 at 05:54pm
yeah i think if a girl can kick ass in a band and not be a stuck up bitch about it, then she should go for it! Very Happy

i dont think with girls in a band that its a lack of talent. i think theyre just more self conscious or something...? i dunno what the word is.

and guys i think get more into the music than a lot of girls do. not all girls, but y'know, a lot of them.

like i notice that MOST girls i know at my school hate rock music, are all about "image", etc. that might have something to do with it.

im no expert, but thats just my opinion Cool
Franny.
Franny.
September 19th, 2006 at 08:50pm
Chipper:
yeah i think if a girl can kick ass in a band and not be a stuck up bitch about it, then she should go for it! Very Happy

i dont think with girls in a band that its a lack of talent. i think theyre just more self conscious or something...? i dunno what the word is.

and guys i think get more into the music than a lot of girls do. not all girls, but y'know, a lot of them.

like i notice that MOST girls i know at my school hate rock music, are all about "image", etc. that might have something to do with it.

im no expert, but thats just my opinion Cool

it's a good opinion, good insights =)
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 21st, 2006 at 07:36pm
yeah, but guys can be really image driven, and so can rock music.
Chipper
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chipper
September 21st, 2006 at 08:04pm
Watoosh!:

*snaps fingers*

good point

but im not saying that guys ARENT driven by image. im just saying girls are a bit more driven by it than guys are...?

and sometimes it drives em crazy. Shocked
ellie ex-friend
ellie ex-friend
September 23rd, 2006 at 04:27pm
Evanescence

Massive.

Others; Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Paramore [even though they are pretty different from the former]

They're all doing pretty well.
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
September 23rd, 2006 at 10:37pm
Chipper:
Watoosh!:

*snaps fingers*

good point

but im not saying that guys ARENT driven by image. im just saying girls are a bit more driven by it than guys are...?

and sometimes it drives em crazy. Shocked

i've actually seen more image-driven guys than anything else. but i guess that's probably because there's so many more guys than girls at punk shows and places like that in general, where basically everyone is image driven.
christie road
Addict
christie road
September 23rd, 2006 at 11:24pm
Yes but girls rule the pop world Meg
Chipper
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Chipper
September 25th, 2006 at 06:18pm
christie road:
Yes but girls rule the pop world Meg

that may be so, but pop drives me crazy. *shudders*

y'know what im gonna try n break "the curse". once i get my hands on a shiny new les paul, that is... Wall

(yes i know my head is in the clouds all the time)

but its about time a girl kicks major ass. id love to see that.
Franny.
Franny.
September 25th, 2006 at 06:56pm
The Open Door.:
Evanescence

Massive.

Others; Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Paramore [even though they are pretty different from the former]

They're all doing pretty well.

yes, there are a few that has a chick in the band, but just a few. and in most cases (as above) she is the singer of the band. and the rets of the band is usually ignored and the attention is focused only on the singer. so it's like her and the backing music. it's odd really.

like imagine a case. it seems as though a female can't replace a member of an all dude band. let's see. err how bout dragonforce. if herman li was suddenly replaced by a female shredder, they won't be as popular i'm thinking.

so all in all, it's apparent that guys are dominant over girls in the 'rock' music industry. i don't agree with it, but it's quite the fact.
Register