Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 02:16pm
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Magne:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
It works in 'Friends'.

dont know how to tell you this but friends isnt real.

Shocked

Okay, before I get shouted at, Topic:

I actually prefer a mom and dad, and I think most kids would do that ..
In addition, I guess heteros get prefered with adoptioning a child, .. not everyone can adopt, it all need time .1. And I kinda think it's fair, that couples, who can't get a kids, cause of health problems or something, whatever, have the higher chance to be able to adopt.
No Dah you prefer a Mom and A Dad, thats what you have. If you hadnt had that, you would love whatever parents you have. I think anyone who is judging peoples ability to parent based on Gender is sexist. Heterosexual couples are prefered for adopting because people are homophobic, so that doesnt matter.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 13th, 2006 at 02:28pm
Think of course you love them anyway ..
I still prefer a mom and dad ..

And I think that whatever gender, people are able to be good parents.

Still I think it's fair, like if you had a child to adopt and the choice between a couple, who can't get children the normal way, and a homsexual couple, to prefer the hetero couple ..

that may seems harsh, but that's what I think right now ..
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 02:31pm
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Think of course you love them anyway ..
I still prefer a mom and dad ..

And I think that whatever gender, people are able to be good parents.

Still I think it's fair, like if you had a child to adopt and the choice between a couple, who can't get children the normal way, and a homsexual couple, to prefer the hetero couple ..

that may seems harsh, but that's what I think right now ..

Well, obviously a homosexual couple cant have a child the normal way. It's discrimination to judge them as any different from other people.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 13th, 2006 at 05:58pm
I tend to doubt all arguments here. I am predispositioned to think that gays can do a perfectly fine job of parenting, and the kids aren't going to grow up scarred horribly, but that's just my sunny outlook on homosexuality. We just haven't seen enough precedent to tell what the psychological effects will be; so let them adopt, sit back, and wait. But personally, I can't imagine why they'd be scarred from the experience of not having a het couple to bring them up; they wouldn't have any experience of being brought up by hets. But we shall see.

(P.S. At least the kids wouldn't grow up homophobic!)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 06:06pm
dirtyhippie:
I tend to doubt all arguments here. I am predispositioned to think that gays can do a perfectly fine job of parenting, and the kids aren't going to grow up scarred horribly, but that's just my sunny outlook on homosexuality. We just haven't seen enough precedent to tell what the psychological effects will be; so let them adopt, sit back, and wait. But personally, I can't imagine why they'd be scarred from the experience of not having a het couple to bring them up; they wouldn't have any experience of being brought up by hets. But we shall see.

(P.S. At least the kids wouldn't grow up homophobic!)
What? How would it have psychological effects in a bad way? They are in a home with people who love and care about them. Like they would be better off in an orphange with no one.

Alot of people (not directing this at you) are acting as if this is a new issue, well maybe it is just new to you, because Gay couples can adopt Children, they are good parents, and their kids to grow up happily without judgemental views.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 13th, 2006 at 06:09pm
I have no idea how gay parents could result in psychological scarring. Hence, I said I don't think they'll be scarred horribly. That is my position. But a lot of anti-gay adoption activists say the kids will be scarred; I do not accept those feelings in any way, but I must recognize that we know very little about the effects. There are enough homophobic kids out there that life could be made very miserable for a kid brought up by a gay couple. I don't know; like i said, I don't think it'll happen. But a solid, court-of-law decision has to be reserved for a while.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 23rd, 2006 at 04:33pm
i dont see how being adopted by a gay couple could result in phsycolological scarring. it wouldnt be any different from having heterosexual parents, and a child like this would grow up a lot more tolerant of homosexuals, which i think is important in todays world
wheels-and-dolls-baby
Geek
wheels-and-dolls-baby
June 24th, 2006 at 06:06pm
I was in town today and there was gay and lesbian pride march on and we saw a lot of younger kids in the parade with their parents, I don't think there's any problem with having gay parents but a lot of kids are bullied because of having gay parents
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 25th, 2006 at 06:15pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
i dont see how being adopted by a gay couple could result in phsycolological scarring. it wouldnt be any different from having heterosexual parents, and a child like this would grow up a lot more tolerant of homosexuals, which i think is important in todays world
honestly, no one can argue with you because you don't have an actual opinion
please: think for yourself
back up your evidence
quit acting like what you say has no better alternative
and remember this is a discussion, which means other people think differently than you, which means you're supposed to counter those ideas, and explain why you think your ideas are better
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
June 26th, 2006 at 08:38am
anti-christ of suburbia:

The physchological scars might not come from the parents themselves. But can you picture the kid at school saying he has two moms or two dads? The other kids might reject him. Or tease him. That's a psychological scar enough, in my opinion.

I'm not against it. As long as they understand that having children isn't a RIGHT. It's a RESPONSABILITY.
madelyntastic{b.m.s}©
Geek
madelyntastic{b.m.s}©
July 11th, 2006 at 04:32pm
I don't care.. As long
as my parents love me, I wouldn't
care if I had two dads, or two moms.

Because I'm cool like that..

Cheer
romantic_nightmare
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
romantic_nightmare
July 12th, 2006 at 08:39pm
I'm definitely for homosexuals adopting children. We(they) have all the rights as heterosexuals, it's not like their not capable of raising children
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 08:45pm
You guys are acting like Gay couples can't adopt kids.... they can. They do go to school and live their life. Im sure some idiots tease them, but everyone gets teased at one point in their life.

You're also acting like heterosexual couples cant fuck kids up, yes, they can. They can be horrible awful parents, the scary thing is, they dont go through an adoption history check to see if they are suitable parenst, any 2 nuts can have kids as long as ones a chick and one is a guy. gender isnt really a factor to if you're a good parent or not.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 12th, 2006 at 10:59pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
You guys are acting like Gay couples can't adopt kids.... they can. They do go to school and live their life. Im sure some idiots tease them, but everyone gets teased at one point in their life.

You're also acting like heterosexual couples cant fuck kids up, yes, they can. They can be horrible awful parents, the scary thing is, they dont go through an adoption history check to see if they are suitable parenst, any 2 nuts can have kids as long as ones a chick and one is a guy. gender isnt really a factor to if you're a good parent or not.
we're just responding to what the media tells us
this is why kids need to do research for themselves, instead of having "facts" force-fed to them and then not doing any actual studying on the world because they assume that what they heard was right

but yeah, there's still a huge debate over this even though it's been politically settled in the seventies (if I'm not mistaken, which I am
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 11:03pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

this is why kids need to do research for themselves, instead of having "facts" force-fed to them and then not doing any actual studying on the world because they assume that what they heard was right

but yeah, there's still a huge debate over this even though it's been politically settled in the seventies (if I'm not mistaken, which I am

they were talking about it on VH1"I love the seventies"

o.O if thats a valid source
sabot4ge
Geek
sabot4ge
July 13th, 2006 at 10:45am
i don't care about issues like this

i don't like to seperate homosexuals from society as if they're another species..they're human beings and human beings raise children..they should be able to do that, too
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 13th, 2006 at 11:22am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

they were talking about it on VH1"I love the seventies"

o.O if thats a valid source
it's valid because "we big brains write in full paragraph" said it and "those small brain right in thoughtless seven word line" didn't
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
July 13th, 2006 at 12:37pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I always tend to agree with what you say and this is no exception Up
Killed To Be A Goth Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Killed To Be A Goth Angel

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 02:15pm
I think it fine with me.
just as long as they love their children and feed them and stuff like that.
Why would people make fun of people who have parents that are Homosexual?
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
July 13th, 2006 at 02:50pm
Killed To Be A Goth Angel:
I think it fine with me.
just as long as they love their children and feed them and stuff like that.
Why would people make fun of people who have parents that are Homosexual?

because some people are assholes who cant see past there own preferances
Register