Homosexual parents

AuthorMessage
peas lover.
King For A Couple Of Days
peas lover.

Mibba
January 14th, 2007 at 03:56pm
I am raised a Catholic, but I often don't act like I am expected to in given situations. I don't think homosexuality is a sin - I think of as a form of love which it is. Every person fit to care of their offsprings should be given a chance to do so. The problem, in most cases, isn't in the homosexual parents, but in their environment. People who call themselves 'normal' and stigmatize people who they consider 'strange' and go so far to stigmatizing their children are the real problem here.

If the parents love their child and provide for it, they still can not prove to be worthy of having it just because they are 'strange', that being homosexual - it is rather sad that our kind still hasn't evolved enough to understand that different isn't necesarily wrong.

Some call upon Faith and The Holy Bible - the Bible was written by a man, not God and those times were centuries ago - can we really be proud when we firmly claim we haven't evolved in several millenia?! It is not fair to call upon Faith on such matters - everyone has their vision of following their Religion - we all bend the rules for ourselves excusing our actions, but when it comes to those we stigmatize as different - rules can not be bent - WHY?

Anyhow, just think about this for a moment - are we really that narrowminded?
Togepi.
Togepi.
January 23rd, 2007 at 02:19pm
Don't kow if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but I heard that the government are bringing in a law stating that a Roman Catholic adoption agency have to allow homosexual couples to adopt from their agency. The agency have said that if this law comes in to action they will shut down.
Personally I think that because the Roman Catholic church disagree with gay couples anyway, they should not be forced to allow them to adopt. It's almost like forcing a Jewish restaurant to serve pork. I do think that homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt, just not through a Roman Catholic agency.
What are other people's thoughts on this?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 23rd, 2007 at 06:10pm
I don't believe that your sexual orientation has anything to do with whether or not you're a good parent. I believe that has to do with responsibility, affection, morality, etc.

Keep in mind, statistically lesbians have the healthiest marriages.

And healthy marriages are good for kids.

Unlike divorce.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 02:17pm
druscilla_nesser:
I don't believe that your sexual orientation has anything to do with whether or not you're a good parent. I believe that has to do with responsibility, affection, morality, etc.

Keep in mind, statistically lesbians have the healthiest marriages.

And healthy marriages are good for kids.

Unlike divorce.

What does a healthy marriage mean, though?
Lowest divorce rates?

'cause I was at a speaking competition the other night, and one of the other participants was a muslim girl, and her speech was on the topic of arranged marriages. Arranged marriages have very, very low divorce rates. I wouldn't call them healthy.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 02:23pm
Arranged marriages can be healthy. Everyone in my family has had one. My parents had an arranged marriage. They are happy and in a healthy relationship and raised good children (but I'm the better child). Actually, is there a topic on this?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 02:29pm
lyrical_mess:
Arranged marriages can be healthy. Everyone in my family has had one. My parents had an arranged marriage. They are happy and in a healthy relationship and raised good children (but I'm the better child). Actually, is there a topic on this?

No, you should make one, and I'll post all I can remember from that girls speech.
She was very against them. Think
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
January 24th, 2007 at 10:32pm
Bloodraine:
Lowest divorce rates?

'cause I was at a speaking competition the other night, and one of the other participants was a muslim girl, and her speech was on the topic of arranged marriages. Arranged marriages have very, very low divorce rates. I wouldn't call them healthy.
Healthy marriages not only mean low divorce rates.
Lesbians have the lowest abuse in relationships [lack of testosterone]. Straight relationships are in the middle and gay men have the highest level of abuse in relationships.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2007 at 09:23am
druscilla_nesser:
Bloodraine:
Lowest divorce rates?

Lesbians have the lowest abuse in relationships [lack of testosterone]. Straight relationships are in the middle and gay men have the highest level of abuse in relationships.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2007 at 09:23am
druscilla_nesser:
Bloodraine:
Lowest divorce rates?

Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2007 at 09:25am
Lucifers Angel:
druscilla_nesser:
Bloodraine:
Lowest divorce rates?

a healthy marriage is this, you can talk to each other, you BOTH have an input on what the family does, the one thing people forget is that when you get married, that person is your best friend, (i knwo my husband is mine) we have never talked about divorce, (even though we've been through some tough times), i was in hospital recently and i was there for a week and it was like someone ahd cut my arm of, i was missing him liek crazy.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 03:38pm
Out Of Control.:
Don't kow if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but I heard that the government are bringing in a law stating that a Roman Catholic adoption agency have to allow homosexual couples to adopt from their agency. The agency have said that if this law comes in to action they will shut down.
Personally I think that because the Roman Catholic church disagree with gay couples anyway, they should not be forced to allow them to adopt. It's almost like forcing a Jewish restaurant to serve pork. I do think that homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt, just not through a Roman Catholic agency.
What are other people's thoughts on this?
I agree with you. We all have to accept eachother. Homosexual couples who want to adopt can adopt elsewhere, where their lovelife is accepted.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 05:16pm
Basically it comes down to the state trying to control the church and watching the prime minister try and find a middle ground without the backing of his ministers is really some of the most exciting and interesting political news in a long long time.

so what is happening here is because allowing homosexual the rights to adopt goes against the ethos of the church they say if they have to abide by the new law (in force in april) adoption agencies would eb forced to close

oh and this isn't just the catholic church, the anglican church has shown it's support as well. What is important to note is the churches are saying they will not stop other agencies from allowing gay adoption but that they must stand by their contradictions or else lose the morality of the church.

so.
Does the government have the right to change religion?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 05:23pm
No. It does not at all. There are government adoption agencies and private secular adoption agencies. The govt can tell them to allow homosexual adoption. But if a religious agency opposes, there's nothing anyone can do.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 05:25pm
lyrical_mess:
No. It does not at all. There are government adoption agencies and private secular adoption agencies. The govt can tell them to allow homosexual adoption. But if a religious agency opposes, there's nothing anyone can do.

what can happen though, is if a same sex couple goes to a church adoption agency and gets turned down, they then have the right to sue for sexual discrimination. taking money from basically orphans.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 05:29pm
What, they wanna sue the church? Are they going to sue Christianity for mentioning homosexuality as a sin?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 26th, 2007 at 05:34pm
lyrical_mess:
What, they wanna sue the church? Are they going to sue Christianity for mentioning that homosexuality is a sin?

they can't
A. it's right to free speech
I'm sick and tired of everyone defending their slander with "the right to free speech" because that's all the right to free speech doesn't cover

yet, any nonliberal is liable for attack for what they believe in

B. THE BIBLE DIDN'T SAYING DICK ABOUT BEING GAY
holy shit, it just said, "no sex until marriage"
and when the Jews created marriage, they said, "only heterosexuals"
so that means no gay sex
but don't blame Christianity, they didn't make the rule

anyway, Christians need to shut the hell up just like liberals because neither group knows what they're talking about
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 05:36pm
lyrical_mess:
What, they wanna sue the church? Are they going to sue Christianity for mentioning that homosexuality is a sin?

The church can't take the risk of losing significant amounts of money. Because adoption is cut-throat rejection on those grounds can spark anger and then retribution.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 26th, 2007 at 05:36pm
druscilla_nesser:
Bloodraine:
Lowest divorce rates?

not really, heterosexual couples have the highest rate (possibly because there are more heterosexual couples than anything else)
but testosterone has nothing to do with it
that's like saying men have a better work ethic because once they get that testosterone going they want to work and work and show off

you've seen a guy after mowing the lawn
first thing he wants to do is either fuck or fix something that's been broken for years

never use hormones as a crutch
you're coming off as unreliable
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 05:39pm
spill_no_sick:
lyrical_mess:

they can't
I'm sick and tired of everyone defending their slander with "the right to free speech" because that's all the right to free speech doesn't cover

so that means no gay sex

anyway, Christians need to shut the hell up just like liberals because neither group knows what they're talking about

No Nick. This law which comes into force in April forces every organisation in the country to not discriminate on any level be it race, sexuality and dissability.

You cannot dissagree with the heads of 3 different churches the highest archbishops in the country that their faith does not disallow them to let this happen under one of their agencies.

When it comes into force if the church organisations refuse a same sex couple that couple has the right to take them to court.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 26th, 2007 at 05:45pm
NeoSteph:
spill_no_sick:
lyrical_mess:

they can't

so that means no gay sex

No Nick. This law which comes into force in April forces every organisation in the country to not discriminate on any level be it race, sexuality and dissability.

You cannot dissagree with the heads of 3 different churches the highest archbishops in the country that their faith does not disallow them to let this happen under one of their agencies.

When it comes into force if the church organisations refuse a same sex couple that couple has the right to take them to court.
who's country?
yours or mine?
either way that's horrible
as Big Gay Al said in South Park, "no, don't you see, it's okay for them to kick me out of Boy Scouts. It's their organization, if they want to kick me out for being gay then that's their choice."
Register