Rise Against

AuthorMessage
Bored To Death
Jackass
Bored To Death
February 22nd, 2007 at 06:18pm
D: I liked Chris. It's a shame, really.. But on another note, I would love going to the one of the MCR/Rise Against shows but they forgot about Washington DC and Maryland. Hand
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
February 22nd, 2007 at 09:52pm
They have the official band statement on their site and mypace, basically being on tour 24/7 was just too rough for Chris. If any of you have watched the DVD he mentions that it's really tough for him to be away from home. Anyway, here's what they've said about it....

When you roll out to see us on the My Chem tour this month, you'll
notice a fresh face amidst our ugly mugs. Sadly, Chris our guitar
player has stepped aside in the face of what we agree is an
overwhelming tour schedule stacked on growing pressures and demands.
Yes, the Rise Against curse continues...

"Rise Against was the best three years of my life. I've met so many
amazing people and been all over the world with the best friends anyone
could ask for. I'll never stop writing or playing music. Thank you to
everyone over the past few years for all of the love and support. Hope
to see you all again soon. xxx." - Chris Chasse

Stepping up to the plate is longtime friend Zach Blair from the mighty
Only Crime. We coudn't be more excited about this new addition to the
family and look forward to a full year of touring worldwide with Zach
at our side. Only Crime has issued warrants for our arrest in the theft
of their beloved axe-man, but rest assured they plan to soldier on with
a replacement in support of their genius new record "Virulence." What
you haven't heard it yet?! Shame...
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
February 27th, 2007 at 07:53pm
Alright, saw them last night and I must say, they still got it. But before we got to get in I waited with three of my friends outside in the fucking cold/snow for over two hours (would've been longer but....blahhh...one of my friends actually really needed to go to her last period class. As has been previously mentioned it did kinda suck that they mostly stuck to TSTW, throwing in Blood to Bleed and Give it All (and I think they played Dancing for Rain, but I feel like I might be going crazy and making that up, can anyone from the 2/26 show confirm that?). Zack's not bad either, he just seems really happy and enthusiastic about being out with RA. The main thing I noticed was the backing vocals sounded different, but yeah duh, it's a different person.
It was kinda annoying though how few RA fans there were, at least around me. They barely moved during the Rise set, then when MCR came on they flipped the fuck out even though RA was way more energetic than MCR (even my friends who only know about RA because of me agreed on that, and don't get me wrong, I'm a MCR fan as well but RA really did just simply have a more energetic set, which I do prefer). While they were still setting up the RA set I looked up to see who was testing out the drums and, guess who? Brandon was sitting up there, chill as can be, testing out the drums like any other roadie. I thought it was kinda funny that nobody but me recognized him (gave him a shoutout Wink ). Oh, and I got a (Tim) pick Cool . It was so funny though, the MCR kids all backed off me (even though it was 2nd row) cause I started moshing in place a few times, they were all staring at me like I was nuts, I think even Tim noticed at one point cause (stage was too high for him to jump down to the barrier and there were no steps back up) he came right up (well, as close as possible) in my face.
Anyway....I'll stop with my rant about the best night I've had in a fucking long time. Zack is really starting to grow on me. How about you guys?
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
February 27th, 2007 at 08:15pm
Oh, and question; do any of you guys get Fuse and are willing to do me a favor? RA is doing like a celebrity playlist thing and I don't get Fuse. Would anyone be willing to tape and upload the show? It's on...
Premiere: Wednesday 2/28 @ 8pm EST
Repeats: Thursday 3/1 @ 1230am & 430am EST
Saturday 3/3 @ 1130pm EST
No worries if none of you guys can, I'll search youtube or something later if you can't. which since very few people go on this thread i'm guessing is what will happen anyway
Bored To Death
Jackass
Bored To Death
February 27th, 2007 at 08:18pm
That's so awesome. tehe I don't know anything about Zach, though. Except he replaced Chris. I don't have Fuse.
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
King For A Couple Of Days
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
February 27th, 2007 at 09:01pm
Jimmy's Kid:
Alright, saw them last night and I must say, they still got it. But before we got to get in I waited with three of my friends outside in the fucking cold/snow for over two hours (would've been longer but....blahhh...one of my friends actually really needed to go to her last period class. As has been previously mentioned it did kinda suck that they mostly stuck to TSTW, throwing in Blood to Bleed and Give it All (and I think they played Dancing for Rain, but I feel like I might be going crazy and making that up, can anyone from the 2/26 show confirm that?). Zack's not bad either, he just seems really happy and enthusiastic about being out with RA. The main thing I noticed was the backing vocals sounded different, but yeah duh, it's a different person.
It was kinda annoying though how few RA fans there were, at least around me. They barely moved during the Rise set, then when MCR came on they flipped the fuck out even though RA was way more energetic than MCR (even my friends who only know about RA because of me agreed on that, and don't get me wrong, I'm a MCR fan as well but RA really did just simply have a more energetic set, which I do prefer). While they were still setting up the RA set I looked up to see who was testing out the drums and, guess who? Brandon was sitting up there, chill as can be, testing out the drums like any other roadie. I thought it was kinda funny that nobody but me recognized him (gave him a shoutout Wink ). Oh, and I got a (Tim) pick Cool . It was so funny though, the MCR kids all backed off me (even though it was 2nd row) cause I started moshing in place a few times, they were all staring at me like I was nuts, I think even Tim noticed at one point cause (stage was too high for him to jump down to the barrier and there were no steps back up) he came right up (well, as close as possible) in my face.
Anyway....I'll stop with my rant about the best night I've had in a fucking long time. Zack is really starting to grow on me. How about you guys?
They definitely played Dancing For Rain on the 24th, so you're probably not making it up.

As for the whole energetic crowd thing, the same thing happened to me. (I went for RA.) Nobody was moving for RA and they played with so much more energy, like you said. And the thing that really pisses me off was that a review came out for the concert in the newspaper and the only thing it said about RA was that they "must have spent many years listening to all the wrong hardcore bands". I'm sorry, but Rise Against is very melodic compared to a lot of hardcore and the vocals are definitely not shit. They have a great message that they're sending out and they're not all "anarchy" and "chaos".

And that's my little rant... Mr. Green
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 28th, 2007 at 12:10am
I saw them a bit at my MCR concert, and I took videos and pics of it.

won't get them for a while though.
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
February 28th, 2007 at 12:45am
shut up and play!:
I saw them a bit at my MCR concert, and I took videos and pics of it.

won't get them for a while though.

It'd be much appreciated if you posted the link when you do Smile
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
April 4th, 2007 at 08:17pm
Finally, they're doing a headlining tour this summer! The tour is going to be through the U.S, but there are some Canada ones thrown in around the middle I think, not sure when they are though (they're on a different list than I have at the moment). They said that the dates announced at the moment aren't all the dates but...well that was about two weeks ago and nothing else has been added though. For anyone interested, the cities they're hitting are;
6/15/07 - Dallas, TX
6/16/07 - Austin, TX
6/18/07 - Saint Petersburg, FL
6/19/07 - Orlando, FL
6/20/07 - Atlanta, GA
6/22/07 - North Myrtle Beach, SC
6/23/07 - Charlotte, NC
6/24/07 - Norfolk, VA
6/25/07 - Philadelphia, PA
6/27/07 - New York, NY
7/2/07 - Dartmouth, NS
7/9/07 - Williamsville, NY
7/10/07 - Pittsburgh, PA
7/14/07 - Maplewood, MN
7/23/07 - Seattle, WA
7/24/07 - Portland, OR
7/26/07 - Boise, ID
Oh, and did anyone go to the Rock Corps show on March 30 in LA? Apparently RA was there.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
April 4th, 2007 at 08:32pm
They're doing a 'Toronto' show but it's actually in Barrie so I can't go.
But they'll probably do promotional shit at MuchMusic and this radio station so I'll probably see them/meet them then.
Bored To Death
Jackass
Bored To Death
April 4th, 2007 at 08:34pm
Shit. I might go to the one in New York, NY because I usually spend my summer there, but I looked at the venue site and you have to be 16+ to get in and I'm not. And apparently, I dont look like it either. But I do hope that they add more dates... at least one in Maryland.
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
April 4th, 2007 at 08:38pm
Wow, rarely do you hear about a 16+ show.
Bored To Death
Jackass
Bored To Death
April 4th, 2007 at 08:49pm
Well, you can get in but you have to take an adult with you and I'm planning to go with my cousin that's just about to turn 16 in June.
I don't think that will make the cut. Dno
RebelofSuburbia
Falling In Love With The Board
RebelofSuburbia
April 10th, 2007 at 04:40pm
omg I'm seeing them for the 2nd time in 19 days GZA
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
April 16th, 2007 at 10:48pm
Does anyone know what happened to the Rise Against Streetwise team? I haven't been able to access the RA Streetwise boards for about a week or two, I'm worried the page might have been deleted and Streetwise isn't answering any of my emails. Could someone just see if they can access the RA team over at Streetwise, either through http://www.streetwise.com/indexnew.php or http://riseagainst.streetwise.com ? Those two will go to the same link if it's still not working.

*crosses fingers* I might see them on July 10th in Pittsburg for the 3rd time Smile , it'll be another sneakout though, but harder because this time it'll be to another city, the other two times the show was only about half an hour away, this time it'll be about 2 hours or so... *mutters* pleaseworkpleaseworkpleaseworkpleasework
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
June 25th, 2007 at 02:33pm
Rise Against just released a new video today for the Good Left Undone. You can find it on MTV2.com or on youtube
thoughts?
I like it, it's different, not as blatantly obvious, but still very good.
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
August 29th, 2007 at 03:13am
Their headliner has been amazing, I saw their Pittsburgh and Cleveland shows (managed to sneak into an acoustic set before the Cleveland show at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so great!)

Alright, so all you non-U.S. fans, Rise Against is going to be on Taste of Chaos this year. Anyone going to any international Taste of Chaos dates?

p.s. this is like the funniest thing I've seen for a while
Comrade182
Comrade182
August 6th, 2009 at 07:49am
Wow... very dead thread!!!

They're touring again now. I'm seeing them on 27th November.
Anyone else going to any of their shows?
Robin Sparkles
This Board Is My Home
Robin Sparkles

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2009 at 01:16pm
they were around almost two weeks ago... I got "Appeal to Reason" not too long ago and I like it very much. Very Happy I wish I could have seen them with Rancid and Billy Talent, though...
Stay_Brutal!
Geek
Stay_Brutal!

Blog
April 29th, 2010 at 10:19pm
DUDE! Rise Against is awesome!! Hero of war is sick! I listen to it constantly! And everything on the sufferer and the witness is great! I really love them! Very Happy

Its cool their so political and everything. Theyre an amazing band! I'm happy their going on tour with Green Day! That show is going to be fucking sick!
Register