Internet relationships

AuthorMessage
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 21st, 2006 at 09:05pm
It's up to the individual. I personally am too cynical to believe in Internet relationships. And yes, there is danger. But if it works out then I have no right to judge. Do what you will.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
September 22nd, 2006 at 06:26am
Ella:
I've been in a couple.

up to 6 months and longer.
One with a GSBian actually.

...whoever is getting into it; try to run away from the feeling of hopelessness you'll feel when it strikes you that you'll never be able to even talk to them in person.

Yep.

And yes, ive had one with a GSBian as well.

But as someone else said, make sure its the person who they say it is first. Phonecalls and stuff help... but in the long run...

...helps if they plan on going there or you going there in the near future so you dont feel that horrible depressing feeling that you'll never be able to physically tell them how you feel rather than just words.

The yearning to touch them and actually look at them hurts. A lot. Photos, webcams and long distance phone calls arent enough.
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
September 22nd, 2006 at 11:37am
I'm for them.
My brother is moving in with a girl from England who he met over the internet.
I think it's just the new "going out to pull" sorta thing.
And I have a friend who moved to Austrailia to live with her girlfriend.
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
October 1st, 2006 at 07:41am
I'm for them
you just have to be careful
and whenever you finally meet someone you should take a friend with you and meet at a public place
I'm in love with someone from the Internet ♥
Agni
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Agni
October 1st, 2006 at 09:28am
hm.. well it happened to me ones that i "fall in love" with one boy, but it was not "love", of course, i just liked his photo and atitude, that's all... hehe he asked me out!!!! hahahaha LOL
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 1st, 2006 at 12:37pm
(don't kill me Kitti) I'm against it
mainly because I know all the tricks

with internet relationships you have the "backspace" button, you have the ability to create a believable facade, and overall you can manipulate the relationship by making claims they can't deny because all they know about you is what you tell them (they don't know your parents, friends, etc.)

it's just so easy to manipulate even if you're just deleting something embarrassing before you say it, then you are being deceiving
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 1st, 2006 at 12:41pm
spill_no_sick:

with internet relationships you have the "backspace" button, you have the ability to create a believable facade, and overall you can manipulate the relationship by making claims they can't deny because all they know about you is what you tell them (they don't know your parents, friends, etc.)

it's just so easy to manipulate even if you're just deleting something embarrassing before you say it, then you are being deceiving

very true. i think people should always bear that in mind
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
October 1st, 2006 at 07:51pm
tom_in_a_box:
spill_no_sick:

I know, I agree with it because someone can act exactly how you want them to act. They can delete anythnig geeky they might usually say, and replace it with something that might please you. Although, I do admit, I was a victim to this online dating thing. I thought i fell in love with this girl online, but when we called each other adn talked, it was so not like it was online. It was akward and forced. But sometimes its a good lonliness fixer
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 02:44am
Love my insanity:
tom_in_a_box:
spill_no_sick:

I know, I agree with it because someone can act exactly how you want them to act. They can delete anythnig geeky they might usually say, and replace it with something that might please you. Although, I do admit, I was a victim to this online dating thing. I thought i fell in love with this girl online, but when we called each other adn talked, it was so not like it was online. It was akward and forced. But sometimes its a good lonliness fixer

true. i think its a case of something should be left the way they are kind of thing.
Stark Raving Lefty.
Idiot
Stark Raving Lefty.
October 2nd, 2006 at 03:32am
Romantic relationships over the internet wouldn't work for me, I could never trust anyone... though this boy online has a thing for me because he knows absolutely nothing about me and I'm "elusive"... who's he kidding, if he met me he'd run away screaming!
tom_in_a_box
Geek
tom_in_a_box
October 2nd, 2006 at 07:20am
Fat Achilles:
Romantic relationships over the internet wouldn't work for me, I could never trust anyone... though this boy online has a thing for me because he knows absolutely nothing about me and I'm "elusive"... who's he kidding, if he met me he'd run away screaming!

isnt that the whole point of being on the internet. to talk to people who you would think otherwise wouldnt be interested
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
October 4th, 2006 at 04:59am
I'm all for it. I trust people on the Internet far more than I do my goddamn Mother.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
October 7th, 2006 at 08:04pm
Now that the internet is such a major part of society it doesn't seem odd that it would merge with dating. I never would have met my girlfriend if it weren't for the internet, or GSB for that matter. And I'm happier than I've ever been in my life because of her. We were friends before dating. Phone calls, MSN conversations...

I'm going to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family in California [I'm in Nebraska] and I'm moving to California to be with her next year. We're going to get married and have a family.

So being in a relationship like this... how can love be wrong no matter where it started?
Bored To Death
Jackass
Bored To Death
October 7th, 2006 at 08:13pm
I know i'd never do it.
One: because I don't trust people easily. Not even my closest friends.
Two: for all I know it could be pedophile i'm talking to.
Three: I'd like to hug/touch/kiss that person whom i'd be seeing.
little things like that...
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
October 8th, 2006 at 12:35am
bored~to~death:
I know i'd never do it.
One: because I don't trust people easily. Not even my closest friends.
Two: for all I know it could be pedophile i'm talking to.
Three: I'd like to hug/touch/kiss that person whom i'd be seeing.
little things like that...

That is a really sucky part about internet relationships.
I won't get to kiss my girlfriend for the first time until 8 days before our six month anniversary.
But she always said it's about wanting the person more than wanting someone right there. She says that's why so many long-distance relationships fail.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 8th, 2006 at 06:45pm
i reakon if you want to date on the net, u should. although u have to worry about who your speaking to, people arnet always who they say they are you could be talking to a petifile or a conman. i no sum1 who was conned $7000 in a net relationship

i dont, even though i can trust sum people on the net more than i can trust people in my life
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 9th, 2006 at 06:50am
Im ok with it. One lady from my moms job got married with a guy she met on-line. Its a difficult thing when you are from very far away countries. And even if it doesnt work out you always have good friends
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
October 10th, 2006 at 06:12pm
I am also in one, and I love her with all my heart.
She means the utter and total word to me.

I think it can work, you have to put your mind to it.
And you have to have trust, and be prepared for the worst, x
Vampiric Acid
Idiot
Vampiric Acid
October 11th, 2006 at 01:20am
Right now all I have to say is that it is sucking...grrr
Im in one and Mike is AMAZING, but not being able to talk to him, and see him and shit is driving me crazy...
Its been like 2 weeks... I CANT HANDLE IT!
No email, no nothing...
We are meeting in a month and a half, but it seems so far away...
I want to talk to him at least evey other day...
Is that too much?
Damn it...
I hate this waiting crap...grrrr
Other than this, I love the whole online dating thing, cause if not I wouldnt have found Mike, and well he means so much to me, and Im falling hard and fast...
He could be it for me, we are so much alike in ways we need to be, and different where we need to be, and we want the same things in each other...
Its all so amazing, almost too good to be true kinda...
Damn it...
I just want to talk to him, and Im getting frustrated...grrr
Ok you guys so don't care, so Ima shut up now...
orangegreendaysuite
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
orangegreendaysuite

Mibba
June 25th, 2007 at 06:59pm
Grenade Jumper:
Ella:
I've been in a couple.

up to 6 months and longer.
One with a GSBian actually.

Yep.

And yes, ive had one with a GSBian as well.

I luv how u ppl say "GSBian" lol, cuz I'm a GSBian, INOian, and AFOian...*cough*
anyway back to the topic...like a lot of ppl r saying, if its safe. I mean, how do u know that ur cute 15 yr old bf is acutally cute, 15 or even a boy? i have like 12 internet relationships w/ppl on the internet (not dating or anything) and if i just feel uncomfortable w/it...i just stop talking to them...anbd considering that im only 12, my parents freak out about the whole thing, but i guess parents are that way...
i think internet relationships r fine..great even...sumtimes
Register