Internet relationships

AuthorMessage
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 25th, 2007 at 08:12pm
You can get close to people online, I have some really, really good e-friends that helped me out a lot.
But to an extent.
You just can't feel the same towards a person over the internet as you can to a person in real life. Romantically, that is.
A big part of love is some crazy, unexplainable chemistry, and text messages and emails just don't cut it, imo.

If you don't live too far away, and can see each other semi-regularly, at least, or if it leads to a real life relationship, then I can see it kinda working.
LoveMeLudo
Idiot
LoveMeLudo

Mibba
June 26th, 2007 at 06:19pm
ColleenStarship:
i don't really see a porblem with it
its the same as talking to anyone you meet online

I agree but sometimes it can be dangerous if you don't use your common sense.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
June 27th, 2007 at 07:31am
afireinsidemyhead:
ColleenStarship:
i don't really see a porblem with it
its the same as talking to anyone you meet online

I agree but sometimes it can be dangerous if you don't use your common sense.

You can have as much common sense as you want, nothing tells you that the person you're talking to is not ok.
You can't see them, you're like talking to a screen.
They can make you believe many things.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 28th, 2007 at 11:35am
i think people need to be wary that people might be different in real-life than they may appear on the internet, they could seem nice as pie on msn but they could be the complete opposite when you get to meet them.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 28th, 2007 at 05:04pm
Dom-Hates-Indie:
i think people need to be wary that people might be different in real-life than they may appear on the internet, they could seem nice as pie on msn but they could be the complete opposite when you get to meet them.
After all, they could all lie. But you cant assume everyone is a fake.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 28th, 2007 at 07:17pm
You know.. I have a few friends who are awesome in real life, but when I talk to them on MSN, they're definitely.. different. Some people I much rather seeing and hanging out with, and some people I prefer talking to online. :/
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 03:28am
Skatanic.:
You know.. I have a few friends who are awesome in real life, but when I talk to them on MSN, they're definitely.. different. Some people I much rather seeing and hanging out with, and some people I prefer talking to online. :/
Same here Cheese

I love talking to my friend on-line cause I seem to speak more freely that way. When we meet in person I am all shy and confused. Thats why MSN makes it more easy for me. Besides, if all these people I am friend s with on GSB would for example go to my school I highly doubt I would be friends with them all cause I'm not that much of a socializing person. But just because I may as well never see them is not the reason not to care about them. I remember their birthdays, I feel happy when they are and worried when they have problems and I try to help them. I think of them even when I'm not on-line. I believe them completely so I don't see a reason why there should be a difference between off-line and on-line friends.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 09:15am
I know what you mean.
I mean, I've known my best friend since we were about 9, 10, and online, on myspace, she comes across as a bitch.
I know she isn't, because I know she's a really great and nice person in real life, but when I speak to her online it's like she's a completely different and arrogant person. I mean, some would say it's not good at all to block your best friend on MSN, but online she's a completely different person Coolio
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 09:57am
I find comfort in sound which is why I prefer meeting people in person.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 29th, 2007 at 04:24pm
I can't stand talking to one of my best friends online. He's just so annoying. -.-;;
And on the other hand, I have an online friend who has helped me so much, I can easily call her one of my best friends. *shrug*

One of my best friends lives an hour away, and has had some online/long-distance relationships with two of my friends.
The first one lasted a really long time, and they thought they were perfect for each other, online. They started meeting up more and more, and after a while, it just didn't work, they weren't really who they thought they were.
The other one, well, let's just say he was completely and entirely manipulating her over MSN. All the time.
Blessed Catastrophe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Blessed Catastrophe

Mibba
June 30th, 2007 at 03:04pm
For whoever's in one:
Very Happy that's awesome. Go ahead. Fall in love [<3]
I think they're good.
If i was in one I'd need phone contact aswell;the consequence of sound.
Jack's really sweet to me online, but in life we ignore each other.
Never go into a romance with him though...he's my best friend online, most trusted, you name it.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
June 30th, 2007 at 08:25pm
I think they can work. I think that it's very easy to become close to people over the internet because it's quite an intense setting. It's also a very effective way of getting to know people's inner selves quicker as it's easy to talk over the net, too.
I think that if the feeling is mutual internet relationships can be successful, but the people involved just need to be aware that relationships over the net are incredibly intense and need not to get carried away.

If neither person is able to meet the other in person I doubt the relationship will last too long though. I mean you're hardly going to marry someone who you've never met and never have a chance of meeting, are you?
I think it's incredibly easy to fall in love over the internet but realistically the relationship cannot go that much further if it's not brought into reality. You could keep contact and continue speaking to each other well into your old age but you're going to find someone else to be with romantically, right? You're not going to spend your entire life talking to a computer screan. That's just unrealistic.

Basically, yeah. I think internet relationships can work - but only as a starting point. For the relationship to be taken further and for it to last, it's going to need to be drawn out of the computer and into physical reality. Retard
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 1st, 2007 at 01:16pm
I think the one thing that I cannot stand about internet relationships is that people are usually talking in leet. And I haaate that with a passion. Evil or Very Mad

So much so, that I even separeted my MSN friends into leet people (More than half are blocked, including my sister. I can never talk to her online, I always end up calling her.), and non-leet people.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
July 1st, 2007 at 02:44pm
What's leet?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 1st, 2007 at 02:57pm
stardust:
What's leet?

1337 5p3@k. 101 h4x0r.

It's like, gamer-nerd-speak. If you ever went on krazzie.com (ex-Dujosite), that was all leet stuff. I actually think that not that many internet people outside the xcore gaming community speak it, but whatever.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
July 1st, 2007 at 04:24pm
People actually have conversations in 1337? O_O
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 1st, 2007 at 05:17pm
Skatanic.:

of course.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 1st, 2007 at 07:19pm
Skatanic.:

|-|0\/\/ P0 %05 7|-|1|\||{ |\/|3 4|\|P |\/|39 74#|{ 4## 7|-|3 71|\/|3 ?Smiley
ancient
Had A Life Before GSB
ancient

Blog
July 1st, 2007 at 07:45pm
Bloodraine:
stardust:
What's leet?

1337 5p3@k. 101 h4x0r.

It's like, gamer-nerd-speak. If you ever went on krazzie.com (ex-Dujosite), that was all leet stuff. I actually think that not that many internet people outside the xcore gaming community speak it, but whatever.
so your brother speaks it?

Coolio
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 1st, 2007 at 07:47pm
Translation: How do you think me and Meg talk all the time?
Register