Internet relationships

AuthorMessage
Holden
Geek
Holden

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 01:04am
Yes, But, What do You Think About Long Distance? There are persons whose mates are very distant, like from one continent to another.
Holden
Geek
Holden

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 01:07am
Jam:
Internet friendships are great, but loves, I’m not too sure about. People seem altered, even if you know them in real life, they seem different on the internet.

I guess you have to be smart, or you will fall for a fake.

Yes, Is not Quite the same. I Mean, They aRe not in front of you, you can't hold them, even if you have, well, if you feel a great love, well, is not the same to talk face to face, there's not the same nervous feeling.
For example, when you are with someone you like, face to face, you kinda feel nervous when looking at her/his eyes, when holding, to hear her voice, etc. Well, is just an special and specific sensation.
And I think that having an internet love, is not the same, there's no contact. But well, who knows, only when you live it is when you know it really.
losers_are_cool
King For A Couple Of Days
losers_are_cool
July 24th, 2007 at 06:47am
I've been in one before. And it was quite hard knowing I wouldn't be able to be with him. I met him on GSB, and we'd gotten really close when I realized I had a crush on him. It was much easier for me to be open with him about my feelings than with people I actually knew in person. It lasted five months.

I won't ever say it was a stupid thing to do. He helped me realize that I can be open with boys about my feelings and feel free to express myself. And he helped me realize that if I just be myself, people will love me. It didn't work out with him, but we knew it wouldn't.

We did exchange phone numbers though...and that could have ended up being really stupid, but he isn't some fifty year old pervert or anything. He's who he says he is.

I'm not exactly in favor of them, and I'm not sure I'd suggest it, but mine made me more confident in my dealings with boys. And it was good practice for my current relationship, which has lasted a year and three months. We don't go to the same schools; we hardly ever see each other.

I agree with Ella when she said,
Ellaisonfire:
...whoever is getting into it; try to run away from the feeling of hopelessness you'll feel when it strikes you that you'll never be able to even talk to them in person.

It's hard...but I believe they can sometimes work.
Hipster.
Falling In Love With The Board
Hipster.

Mibba Blog
July 25th, 2007 at 04:06am
I think internet relationships are fine as long as you actually know the person is real, like through webcam or something. I know of someone who was 12 years old and met a '17 year old guy from Ohio' on Neopets, and only talked to him through emails.

They never saw what the other looked like, supposedly lived on the other side of the country from each other, were 5 years apart in age, and never knew if the other was actually real.

What REALLY disgusts me though, is that the guy engaged in cyber-sex with her knowing that she was 12 years old. I guess my point is, if you are going to be with someone over the internet, know if they are real, and at least be legal when you are doing it, so what you do with that person is legal.
Mike Dirnt.
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 12:04pm
I do prefer relationships in person but I don't see anything wrong with Internet Relationships.
As long as you know they're real, I see no trouble with it.
You can call and text them as well and have conversations on Skype or via webcam nowadays.
I think that it's better if you can meet up with them though, it sort of rounds off the whole thing in a way..

But I see nothing wrong with having an Internet Relationship.
Just make sure they're real.

I think friendships are another thing altogether.
It's pretty easy to make friends online with the aid of websites [such as GSB or MySpace etc] and MSN.
I met my Best Friends online. [HintLilihint xD]
And I trust them with my life
It's so easy to talk to them, to pour my heart out to them. Somebody's always online for me and all my online friends have always been there for me and I'd like to think they think the same about me.
I've spoken on the phone to a few of them and met one or two.
I'd love to meet my friends I have online and I talk about them to my friends around here.
I think it's awesome to have friends from different countries, you get to learn so many things and it's amazing how one website can find you your best friends.

I think online friendships can be just as good as friendships 'in real life'.
Although you don't get the face to face talks, I feel that I can tell my friends anything, it's not awkward at all.

I'm all for Internet Friendships.
SkittyOhGadz
Banned
SkittyOhGadz

Mibba
July 25th, 2007 at 02:22pm
Personally I think they can work out, although I don't intend to be in one forever. You always have to be careful though, in case you run into the wrong type of person. People believe that on the internet, their partner is actually with them not because of how they look, but for what's inside.
trisha_goes_rawr
Geek
trisha_goes_rawr
July 26th, 2007 at 05:53am
I have friends that have had an internet realtionship, and ended up meeting, and soon enough getting married. It works for some people, but it wouldn't work for me. There's a lot of freaks out there on the internet. I guess you just have to be willing to risk your life if your going to be in one. I just know I wouldn't wanna do it.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 27th, 2007 at 12:10am
Well, there are different types of internet relationships.

1. Search for people on the internet.
2. Having a relationship with someone you know in person, but you just talk to them on the internet because it's more comfortable.

1. You just need to be careful...
It's a whole world of 'you never know...'
2. Well... these ones are kind of pointless, in my opinon.
shut me up.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
shut me up.
July 30th, 2007 at 12:58am
personally, i think they will only work out if you see each other once in a while.
i've been in one, and it wouldn't work out because i would never see him.
but then again, i have a friend thats been in an internet relationship for a year, and it's still going good.
i think it has to do with how much willpower you have.
=]
The Spill Canvas
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The Spill Canvas
July 30th, 2007 at 10:07am
I think it's fine to have an online relationship, actually.
Just be smart, be safe is all.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
August 1st, 2007 at 08:19pm
I have been in two internet relationships: one good, one bad.

The first one I was depressed and taken advantage of. The girl lied to me and I fell in love with her. She convinced me to run away to live with her. I was not smart in that situation, which is why it worked out so badly.

The second one [my current one] is amazing. I was smart and I knew her for about 9 months before we started dating. We talked on the phone for about two months before we started dating. I knew her, I knew her story never changed. I was smart.

That makes all the difference in the safety of one.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 9th, 2007 at 10:10pm
I believe they work. I have an older friend who met a guy online. I've read some of their letters back and forth and I do believe they're in love.
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
December 10th, 2007 at 01:19am
Internet relationships are good. I have loads of friends on the internet, and they're better than most of my outside friends. I feel like I can talk to them more easily, because I know anything I say to an internet friend isn't gonna end up being spread around everywhere, like it would around college with one of my outside friends.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 10th, 2007 at 03:28am
I don't know. It's kind of hard when you don't really know the person. I tried it once. But it didn't last long.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 11th, 2007 at 11:08pm
I've met people I found on the internet before and they were amazing people - i've never had an online relationship though but a friend of mine (one of the people I met online actually, lol - I met properly him last year in Camden ^^) got into a seriously relationship with this girl he met in a chatroom and now he lives in North Carolina with her.

So I guess sometimes it does work out.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 12th, 2007 at 12:11am
Yeah, my friend met this guy on Myspace. Eventually they met at her house. He turned out to be a really nice guy. They have only been dating for a few months, but they are engaged now (It's kind of soon but whatever). Unfortunately he is in Iraq right now. I just hope he gets back safe.
Mass-suicide
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mass-suicide
December 13th, 2007 at 01:23am
lol internet dating please, who do you know who on the other end!!
but you can find love to maney risks!!
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
December 15th, 2007 at 11:53am
Mass-suicide:
lol internet dating please, who do you know who on the other end!!
but you can find love to maney risks!!
...WTF

Anyway. I think it's a good way to date, if you're too shy to ask a girl out or something like that.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
December 17th, 2007 at 01:28am
On a personal level, internet relationships seem stupid.
You can never truly know if the person is the same in real life, and it's hard to have a connection through AIM, MSN, or any website.
This is all just how I feel about it, though, and since I've never really felt an attraction or even a friendship thing to someone over the internet, I can't really know. To each their own.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 18th, 2007 at 04:15am
Honestly, I think it's unrealistic. You've never even seen this person, how are you supposed to start a relationship with them?
Register