My Chemical Romance/The Black Parade.

AuthorMessage
ellie ex-friend
Falling In Love With The Board
ellie ex-friend
June 12th, 2007 at 02:28pm
Peardrops:
I don't think the Download reaction was quite what they were hoping for. There was the smallest crowd I think the main stage has ever seen because nearly everyone was trying to get in the tent to see Korn... Then the guys who were watching MCR got scared when a large group of people who got bored of trying to see into the Korn tent decided to go down to the main stage and shove their way to the front to throw bottles onstage... They ended up going off after about 40 minutes or so. (I only know all of this from what people have told me... I was jumping around in the Korn pit when this was happening...)

To be honest, it was expected by a lot of fans.
It must have made a lot of money for Download, but it wasn't a wise move...
BREASTS
Idiot
BREASTS
June 12th, 2007 at 02:29pm
alex_vamvi:
wow. this is sad. i finally get off INO
take a break and go on GSB
then i go straight to the My Chemical Romance thread
i cant live without them

Haha a lot of us feel the same way.
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
June 12th, 2007 at 11:00pm
ellie ex-friend:
Peardrops:
I don't think the Download reaction was quite what they were hoping for. There was the smallest crowd I think the main stage has ever seen because nearly everyone was trying to get in the tent to see Korn... Then the guys who were watching MCR got scared when a large group of people who got bored of trying to see into the Korn tent decided to go down to the main stage and shove their way to the front to throw bottles onstage... They ended up going off after about 40 minutes or so. (I only know all of this from what people have told me... I was jumping around in the Korn pit when this was happening...)

I feel bad for MCR.
Obviously they knew this would happen, or whoever got them booked for this did.
I feel as if MCR were just being used to drag in more attendees. Which, of course, was probably the motive.
It's a metal festival. MCR aren't the most metal (if any) band out there.
It was stupid of them to play. They honestly didn't think the metal fans would take to them easily, did they?
ellie ex-friend
ellie ex-friend
June 13th, 2007 at 12:18pm
My December Mind.:
ellie ex-friend:
Peardrops:

I feel bad for MCR.
Obviously they knew this would happen, or whoever got them booked for this did.
I feel as if MCR were just being used to drag in more attendees. Which, of course, was probably the motive.
It's a metal festival. MCR aren't the most metal (if any) band out there.
It was stupid of them to play. They honestly didn't think the metal fans would take to them easily, did they?

Either their stupid or just in it for the money (do bands get payed to make an appearance?)
They knew what happened Reading 06 before Slayer, let alone at a predominantly metal festival.
ellie ex-friend
ellie ex-friend
June 13th, 2007 at 12:18pm
WanjaTakesDrowningLessons:
gah he's such a childish dickhead O.o

@ your ava lmao very flattering picture lol
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 01:31pm
I do think they tried to soften the blow by putting Korn on at the same time, but it didn't really work because they didn't think that to some people bottling a band they don't like is going to be more "fun" than going to see a band that they do like.

I don't even like MCR but I didn't have a problem with them playing, as long as I didn't have to see them. (which I didn't, let's face it - it's a festival and you can do whatever you like) So it annoys me that people do this because there's no reason for them to be anywhere near the main stage if they don't like the band that's on it.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
June 13th, 2007 at 04:48pm
Well, you got to hand it to MCR. They've got balls.
No way in hell would I play at a festival if I knew I wasn't wanted there.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2007 at 09:43am
lol, im not an arctic monkeys fan, and i dont like nme magazine but there was this funny quote from one of them saying they hate emo bands so they said they are gunna take a 3 litre bottle of irn bru with them to bottle a band.

I think it would be worth the ticket price alone to see gerard way get nailed in the face by a bottle of irn bru.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2007 at 09:47am
My December Mind.:
Well, you got to hand it to MCR. They've got balls.
No way in hell would I play at a festival if I knew I wasn't wanted there.

i think the large amounts of money they received would have probably helped. id play a gig infront of people who absolutely hate me for £100 and a few beers.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
June 14th, 2007 at 01:13pm
Yeah...I'm sure the money helped.
Violet SKY.
Geek
Violet SKY.
June 14th, 2007 at 02:04pm
Peardrops:
I do think they tried to soften the blow by putting Korn on at the same time, but it didn't really work because they didn't think that to some people bottling a band they don't like is going to be more "fun" than going to see a band that they do like.

I don't even like MCR but I didn't have a problem with them playing, as long as I didn't have to see them. (which I didn't, let's face it - it's a festival and you can do whatever you like) So it annoys me that people do this because there's no reason for them to be anywhere near the main stage if they don't like the band that's on it.

i agree, i guess they just wanted to spoil it for everyone who wanted to see MCR. to be frank,that is fucking sad.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2007 at 02:14pm
anna of suburbia:
Peardrops:

i agree, i guess they just wanted to spoil it for everyone who wanted to see MCR. to be frank,that is fucking sad.

no its fucking funny.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 03:21pm
No. It might seem funny because it's a band you don't like, but if a band that you're mad about got bottled off the stage you'd be devastated. (Although probably not as it's you Dom 'cause you're weird and you don't like slash)
ellie ex-friend
ellie ex-friend
June 14th, 2007 at 03:28pm
Peardrops:
No. It might seem funny because it's a band you don't like, but if a band that you're mad about got bottled off the stage you'd be devastated. (Although probably not as it's you Dom 'cause you're weird and you don't like slash)

If I payed in the region of £60 - £150 to go to Download, I would be devasted and fuming at those who bottled them off stage. Even if it was a minority who wanted to see them, the slighest bet of respect wouldn't go a miss.
It was ignorant of them to even bother playing, but it's still ridiculous behaviour from the audience.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2007 at 03:39pm
Peardrops:

yeah but i have enough taste not to like bands that will get bottled.

what could be more fun than throwing things and people you dont particularly like, with no reprecusions for your actions, and possibly upsetting a few emo's in the process. Its like the perfect scheme.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 05:43pm
Dom:
Peardrops:

what could be more fun than throwing things and people you dont particularly like, with no reprecusions for your actions, and possibly upsetting a few emo's in the process. Its like the perfect scheme.

Taste can vary from person to person. What you think is despicable might be someone elses favourite band. No offense Dom, because I think you're a really funny guy, but people like you shouldn't be allowed to go to festivals.

It's people like you who ruin it for everyone else. It's people like you who think that you can do whatever you want because there are no consequences that would directly affect you. You're the sort of person who doesn't give a shit about other peoples tastes and how your actions might affect other people. It's just not fair, if you don't like a band then don't go to where they are. Duh.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 15th, 2007 at 09:28am
Peardrops:
Dom:
Peardrops:

Taste can vary from person to person. What you think is despicable might be someone elses favourite band. No offense Dom, because I think you're a really funny guy, but people like you shouldn't be allowed to go to festivals.

It's people like you who ruin it for everyone else. It's people like you who think that you can do whatever you want because there are no consequences that would directly affect you. You're the sort of person who doesn't give a shit about other peoples tastes and how your actions might affect other people. It's just not fair, if you don't like a band then don't go to where they are. Duh.

i dont think they ruin it for anyone, people know way in advance which acts are gunna get bottled, so they shouldnt bother getting their hopes up about it, if they wanna see them that badly they can go to a gig with just that band, then theres no chance of them getting bottled.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 10:48am
Grr. Arg. Cool

That's really childish.
lily allen.
lily allen.
June 15th, 2007 at 01:15pm
Hey hey.
Things need to cheer up in here.
They're on tv right now..?
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 02:18pm
lmfao lmfao That doesn't cheer me up at all!
I don't like MCR. I was just defending them because I don't like people who bottle bands more.
Register