Kerrang interview with Billie Joe

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 21st, 2006 at 05:56pm
just think when the new album does come out its going to be worth the wait, with the new album will come a tour and that means concerts green day style.
Dancing In The Dark
Geek
Dancing In The Dark
December 21st, 2006 at 06:18pm
Lucifers Angel:
just think when the new album does come out its going to be worth the wait, with the new album will come a tour and that means concerts green day style.

I agree with you. We will just have to wait and see what happens. But when it does come out, like you said, it will be worth the wait.
Sakah
Idiot
Sakah

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 08:46pm
I bet it'll be awesome. Yeah, they can't make great music every second of their career, everybody needs a break and visit family, friends, and enjoy other things in life.
x.PullTheTrigger.x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
x.PullTheTrigger.x
December 21st, 2006 at 09:09pm
I miss Green Day but I know their next album is gonna be just as kool as the others. Maybe better... Who knows?
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 09:12pm
Well, I won't get to hear it then, I'll probably commit suicide before then so.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
December 21st, 2006 at 09:29pm
just_call_me_dookie:
Well, I won't get to hear it then, I'll probably commit suicide before then so.
Buzzkill.

Have fun with that though. Up
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 09:35pm
Would it really kill them just to throw us a bone other than The Saints Are Coming? Yes, I respect the fact that they need time with their families, but it seems like this record is being pushed off more and more. I'm kinda losing the faith here, guys.
Easter Davy
Geek
Easter Davy

Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 09:50pm
I can wait, really guys, Green Day isn't the only band on the planet. There's plenty of other bands to obsess over, you can find new music, and before you know it: BOOM! The new album will be finished and you can go back to Green Day.

Besides, if it takes them a year to make it, fine. If they spend that much time on it it's really gonna blow us away. It's worth the wait.
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 10:13pm
I'm a bit angry and disappointed but I'll live.

The thing I dislike with Green Day is they have a long wait between albums (Besides Dookie and Insomniac)
but then they bring out a brilliant album and that's all that matters. If I liked them when I was younger I would not have once been disappointed.

And at least Billie is being honest. Some bands go "yeah we're recording the album will be out soon" and then they keep pushing the date back, and back, and back.
I don't really like them but look at Good Charlotte. They've pushed the date back for their album about 5-8 times (literally) and it's been pushed back about a year. I respect Billie's honesty to his fans.

I can only see one downside besides having to wait. Green Day have been around a long time now, and if the album is coming out later it means that we get less material from them before they retire. Who knows? This could be their last album.
Hilda the Hag
Geek
Hilda the Hag
December 21st, 2006 at 10:25pm
-anniversaries
-birthdays
-christmases
-all the other holidays...
its very selfish to want them to hurry and they may very well produce the best album ever with more time.and there are albums that haven't produced anything in 10 years...
BUT I DON'T CARE DANG IT!!!
I WANT MY ALBUM,NOT A FREAKIN MOVIE!!!
Hilda the Hag
Geek
Hilda the Hag
December 21st, 2006 at 10:26pm
okay.i've calmed down.im just a little depressed about it...
The Hippy
Geek
The Hippy

Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 11:02pm
Let the guys relax. More time to write songs= a more kickass album!
MarieArt
Idiot
MarieArt

Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 11:16pm
plus you have to get the fact that they're fathers with families.. sometimes people need a little break..
put yourself in their shoes.. what would you do between albums if you had a family???
thats how I think about it..
billie's_Luv
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billie's_Luv

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 12:50am
Lik Loathing.:
billie's_Luv:
2008!!!!! Are you fucking seriouse! It's alredy been like two fucking years since American idiot! No fucking way! I'm going to cry! The mebers of Green Day need to be smacked for keeping us waiting sooooooooooooo fucking long! I mean really, that's like another year from now! Did he mention when in 2008, like early mid or late? I can't wait much longer. I'm really sad now!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were 4 years between Warning and AI, and look what happened there - they came back with this 54644241655 selling cd. So really, calm down, it'll be fine o_o

Yes, I know that, but really, come on guys! We need to here from u. It's been two years now, and I've been waiting pacaintly (can't spell, srry) for all this time. I just want a new album. I totally get this whole come up with something brilliant thing they've got going, but 2008 is ages from now. I want to still care when it comes out you know. I love them, really I do, but we need to hear something new. I mean how many poeple here agree with me? It's been too long. But like my mom said I'd get pit tickets on thier next tour, but if that's not till a new album, which is in '08, I may have moved on by then. I still love them, but come on guys.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 22nd, 2006 at 05:16am
billie's_Luv:
Yes, I know that, but really, come on guys! We need to here from u. It's been two years now, and I've been waiting pacaintly (can't spell, srry) for all this time. I just want a new album. I totally get this whole come up with something brilliant thing they've got going, but 2008 is ages from now. I want to still care when it comes out you know. I love them, really I do, but we need to hear something new. I mean how many poeple here agree with me? It's been too long. But like my mom said I'd get pit tickets on thier next tour, but if that's not till a new album, which is in '08, I may have moved on by then. I still love them, but come on guys.

how can you be that selfish? They have families, another life that they need to live before they can return and start making music again. They need a rest from all of what they do. They have kids. Those kids need them to be their fathers, to be in their lives. They have wives, girlfriends. They need to be able to see them, or the relationship could fall apart.

2 years is not a long time. They need to take the time away from all the fame, and be normal again.
billie's_Luv
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billie's_Luv

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:02am
Okay, you know what, This is not selfishness or whatever! I understand that they have families and kids and the whole shabang, and that thier kids need them and all that too. But you people that are calling my selfish don't seem to realize that The fucking tour ended last year! The've been home with their families all this time, and I've been waiting to hear something from them. I'm willing to wait for a good album, and This next year won't be so bad, but how dare you call me selfish! I didn't say that thhy had to leave their families and all behind, I just said that I am tired of waiting. I love Green Day's music, really I do, in fact at this moment I'm listening to them. So you fuckbag that called me selfish because I want to hear something from the band that I love, you can go fuck yourself! I truly don't mind this family time thing, but It's not like they haven't been seeing their kids every day for the last year. Wait, no, I'm sorry, I totaly fucked up right there. I know they need to be with their families, I just wish that I could get some new matirial from them that's all.
The Doctor.
The Doctor.
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:40am
billie's_Luv:
Okay, you know what, This is not selfishness or whatever! I understand that they have families and kids and the whole shabang, and that thier kids need them and all that too. But you people that are calling my selfish don't seem to realize that The fucking tour ended last year! The've been home with their families all this time, and I've been waiting to hear something from them. I'm willing to wait for a good album, and This next year won't be so bad, but how dare you call me selfish! I didn't say that thhy had to leave their families and all behind, I just said that I am tired of waiting. I love Green Day's music, really I do, in fact at this moment I'm listening to them. So you fuckbag that called me selfish because I want to hear something from the band that I love, you can go fuck yourself! I truly don't mind this family time thing, but It's not like they haven't been seeing their kids every day for the last year. Wait, no, I'm sorry, I totaly fucked up right there. I know they need to be with their families, I just wish that I could get some new matirial from them that's all.

3 words.
deal with it.
tehe
Burn_My_Photograph
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Burn_My_Photograph
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:44am
I'm willing to wait a year for a new album... I've waited a year already so what's another 365 days going to do?

The guys need to be with their families otherwise if they aren't then they could be in serious trouble with distraction and wanting to be home. I mean if you were in their position and you saw fans wanting you to come back to touring and album making then maybe you'd put it off longer. Might be what they're doing.

Maybe they're just not ready to be away from their families just yet. A year with your family just isn't enough to be honest.

Anyway, this album sounds like it'll need a lot of inspiration and they get inspiration from new experiences, not just non stop recording, promotion and touring. No one really wants them to be carted off with the men in white coats now do they? Crazy

That's just my opinion though... please don't hurt me.
billie's_Luv
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billie's_Luv

Mibba
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:45am
I'm dealing with it! fuck! if one more fucking person tells me some shit like that! I'm taking them down with me!!!!
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:49am
Shauna.CuntXcore:

3 words.
deal with it.
tehe

You. You're my new hero. Chris Cheney being in your avatar adds to that.

But yeah. Look, I just got a PM from you abusing the shit out of me, and I mean, calm down o.O

We all have our own problems, you're not the only one in the world who's fucked up.

You can't be so demmanding of them, because you'll still have all their old material. Listen to that. Their family needs them. Their kids have to spend a lot of time without a father. So you can spend another year without new Green Day stuff. Just because they're not releasing any new stuff doesn't mean you can't listen to their old stuff.

If they released an album now, and went back on tour, they could end up breaking up or something, because they just want to be back at home.
Register