Kerrang interview with Billie Joe

AuthorMessage
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
December 21st, 2006 at 12:13pm
Wow! a whole 365 days with no Green Day Shocked

but hey...if they are gonna take that long...they are bound to come up with something HUGE!!!...cant wait till 2008!! Very Happy
RebelofSuburbia
Falling In Love With The Board
RebelofSuburbia
December 21st, 2006 at 12:15pm
T_T

I was looking forward to that album in 2007

well I'm sure it'll be worth the wait and that they'll produce something that's creative and original, and most of all, really good Retard
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 12:19pm
A year more isn't so long.
Then again, I am the AFI/Cure fan who kind of gets used to artists taking 27537 years to make a new record tehe
Plus, family time is very important. Imagine never seeing your kids for 2 years while you went away on tour. Cool the selfishness, guys.

Lik Loathing.:
There were 4 years between Warning and AI, and look what happened there - they came back with this 54644241655 selling cd. So really, calm down, it'll be fine o_o

Yeah, but none of these n00bs remember that Image
I kid, I kid. Plz don't disembowel me.
cigarettesandvalentines
Geek
cigarettesandvalentines

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 12:22pm
i think it's great they're taking their time so they don't feel pressured to put something out and end up releasing something they're not behind 100 percent. and really. their families are more important than you getting a new record. get over yourself
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 12:32pm
-takes deep breaths-

Okay.
I think I'm good now.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 12:59pm
I want them to come out with it soon Molly

I'm scared I'll hate it
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 01:06pm
That's not so big a wait really...just a little over a year.
Whoas. Chill people. It's not the end of the world. The fact is, a lot of people got sick of Green Day anyway when AI was driven into the ground. It's not going to kill ya to wait a year for their next album, really.
They have lives too and they don't just live to make music for us, they also have families to tend to and the like, just like everyone else, they're human beings.

And just wait, by the time it comes out, it'll probably be OSM and worth the wait just like the gap between Warning and AI. tehe
coffee whore
Geek
coffee whore

Mibba Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 01:39pm
Bloodraine:
A year more isn't so long.
Then again, I am the AFI/Cure fan who kind of gets used to artists taking 27537 years to make a new record tehe
Plus, family time is very important. Imagine never seeing your kids for 2 years while you went away on tour. Cool the selfishness, guys.

Lik Loathing.:
There were 4 years between Warning and AI, and look what happened there - they came back with this 54644241655 selling cd. So really, calm down, it'll be fine o_o

Yeah, but none of these n00bs remember that Image
I kid, I kid. Plz don't disembowel me.

Yeah, no one who just got into green day would remember that. Its not so long. Get overyourselves and wait for the album. Find other bands. and if you thing that you'll probably got over them by then, then your not really a patient person.
whateveryasay
King For A Couple Of Days
whateveryasay
December 21st, 2006 at 01:51pm
The_Waiting_Unknown:
geeze, it's not the end of the world.
go out, discover new bands and wait for them to create something that they are happy with.
I'd much rather they spend more time on something brilliant then produce something shit that took less time.

They deserve time to themselves and thier families - time to watch thier kids grow up.

there are plenty of other great bands out there that you can listen to while you wait.

Aska speaks the words of wisdom.

Besides, I'm silently hoping that at least half of the people who are obsessing over GD now, will lose interest in them before 2008... Is this selfishness? File
x-Billie and Adie-x
Geek
x-Billie and Adie-x
December 21st, 2006 at 02:03pm
Im glad that they are taking their time with the new album cuz then they know that it will sound just how they want it and the songs will be amazing like AI they took there time and that was awesome. They need to spend time with their families after being away from them and not spending as much time with them as they would when they are at home for like 2 years and im sure they want the guys back at home with nothing to keep them away for a while.Cuz over the past like 2 years that AI has exploded there has always been something to keep the guys away from home whether its touring or interviews or whatever. Sorry for the rant people Hekla
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 02:41pm
SAINTâ„¢:
I don't really care if I have to wait.
I hate when I barely see my family; imagine what it's like for them..
Plus the more time they have to work on it, the better it'll be :]]
Exactly.
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
December 21st, 2006 at 03:04pm
I agree, it's not like it's the end of the world... Rolling Eyes Sure, I'm looking forward to it, but it isn't my life. I think some people are being really selfish for expecting a band to produce an album as quickly as possible to please the public. I'm just really excited that they're still going strong, just the fact that another album is actually on its way. 16 years is a long time to still be playing. (Don't flame me if it isn't 16 years... my knowledge isn't what it was.)

Just think, another year without Green Day and you have time to get excited about other bands as well. Very Happy
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
December 21st, 2006 at 03:19pm
Ridele:
That picture of Billie in K was a bit awesome. I fucking totally diagree with the caption however his hair does NOT look like Ian Watkins'.
I cannot wait for this new album. It feels like I've been waiting ten years already. Two more wont make much difference. I'd rather them take their time than release something crappy.
eg. The Killers and Sam's Town.

Sam's Town is awesome. Confused
Glittery George's
Geek
Glittery George's

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 03:20pm
Yeh i read that, to be honest it doesn't bother me when it comes out. So it'll be another year or so, other bands have good stuff coming out. I don't even know if i'd buy it.
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
December 21st, 2006 at 03:20pm
Yeah let them take they're time.
They're not music making robots. Jeesh. Rolling Eyes
Hello, My Name Is Asshole
Jackass
Hello, My Name Is Asshole

Blog
December 21st, 2006 at 03:23pm
They're away months at a time from their family just to sing to you. Imagine what they could be missing at home. The least you could all do is to be patient and let them have some family time. Their life doesn't revolve around fans... not entirely, anyway. Meg

Yah. I'm excited for their next album. I'll wait as long as I need to, cause the longer they have to get it ready, the better it'll be. Or so we hope.
Lee
Idiot
Lee

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 04:08pm
Seriously, shut the fuck up and be patient. AND when their album comes out DON'T say they fucking sold out, because remember - it's your own God damn fault that they "sold out." OK? Sorry, but I had to rant about this, because alot of these sally ass mother fuckers are saying "Green Day sold out. Crazy"
I'm done!
-leaves-
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 21st, 2006 at 04:15pm
Hugh Grant plz.:

Sam's Town is awesome. Confused

Nope
today is a green day
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
today is a green day
December 21st, 2006 at 04:20pm
i just dont want to wait that long.... oh well
black_hawk_2009
Idiot
black_hawk_2009

Mibba
December 21st, 2006 at 04:24pm
I'm kinda missing Green Day...
Yeah, I know they're busy guys and want to be with thier families, but I'll admit, I do miss them.
They all have kids, Billie's married, Mike, as far as I know, has a girlfriend. They all have side projects. Billie has Adeline to work with. Mike has Rudy's.
They're busy and want to spend time with thier families. I get that, and I respect that. It's not like they were put on this earth to serve us.
Besides, I'm sure when it comes out, this album will be so fucking amazing it'll be worth the wait...
I do miss seeing them around, but I'm willing to wait and let them work up all of thier amazingness to throw into this next album. Smile
*sits in the corner and waits*
Register