AuthorMessage
JCJP
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
JCJP
December 23rd, 2006 at 06:53pm
Danchili:
wonderwall doesn't sound like blv of broken dreams

Same Chords basically

I think its like in the case of "My Sweet Lord", just an honest mistake.

Oasis rocks, but shouldnt win lawsuit
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 07:26pm
It's funny that BOBD came out 2 years ago and he didn't think to complain about it then...I mean why wait till now to suddenly realise that it apparentley sounded so similar to one of his songs >_<

yournewarchnemesis:
and that one good song AINT wonderwall.

I <3 your icon Very Happy
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
December 23rd, 2006 at 07:48pm
Peardrops:
Also, the drums for Holiday and Hitchin' A Ride sound similar too.

They're ripping themselves off Cheese

Green Day should totally sue themselves.
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 07:51pm
Lik The Christmas Stalker:
Peardrops:
Also, the drums for Holiday and Hitchin' A Ride sound similar too.

They're ripping themselves off Cheese

Green Day should totally sue themselves.

LMFAO.
eesh.
Quit it guys. (:
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
December 23rd, 2006 at 08:25pm
He only says that because both of the songs were sampled in "Boulevard of Broken Songs," I'm guessing, because, unless you listen to that, there's hardly any similarity between the two. "Wonderwall" is played a half step higher than Boulevard. The melodys couldn't be any more different.
=)
Idiot
=)
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:02pm
Yuss, Green Day was listening to Wonderwall one day and said, "OMG GUYS. Let's totally make a rip off of this song that doesn't even sound like it and let's see if anyone notices and might decide to sue us for our money!" tehe

The Grocery Store clerk/American Idiot thing was much funnier.
Riot on the Radio
Jackass
Riot on the Radio

Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:09pm
That's bullshit.
Noel's bullshit.
Him and Brandon Flowers should get together sometime, i'm sure they'll get along very well.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:25pm
Have you guys even heard Wonderwall? Seriously, if you have and you don't notice the similarities, you're deaf. Its fine if you think its coincidental, but those songs sound insanely similar.
Riot on the Radio
Jackass
Riot on the Radio

Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Have you guys even heard Wonderwall? Seriously, if you have and you don't notice the similarities, you're deaf. Its fine if you think its coincidental, but those songs sound insanely similar.

Maybe a bit, but I wouldn't call it a rip-off.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:30pm
Daisy Chains:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Maybe a bit, but I wouldn't call it a rip-off.
The rhythem is exactly the same, and the chords are higher, its ALOT more than a bit.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 10:42pm
Bury Me in Black.:
.. aNaiiD* xD ..:
yournewarchnemesis:
well if oasis made more than one good song i may have considered their opinins

haha true Roxanne

lmfao Very good point.

I have the urge to lock you all in one closet and blast oasis music in your ears.

If ANYONE can't see the brilliance behind oasis lyrics then they can't appreciate music that much.
The D-Cup Wonder!!
King For A Couple Of Days
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
December 23rd, 2006 at 11:24pm
NeoSteph:
Bury Me in Black.:
.. aNaiiD* xD ..:
yournewarchnemesis:

haha true Roxanne

lmfao Very good point.

I have the urge to lock you all in one closet and blast oasis music in your ears.

If ANYONE can't see the brilliance behind oasis lyrics then they can't appreciate music that much.

And I have the urge to laugh at you. Get a sense of humour much.

People are allowed to have differing opions. That's why they're opinions.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2006 at 12:47am
OrangeMochaFrappuchino:
NeoSteph:
Bury Me in Black.:
.. aNaiiD* xD ..:
yournewarchnemesis:

haha true Roxanne

lmfao Very good point.

maybe it's just me but I tend to only laugh when i find something funny Rolling Eyes

yeah your right and my differing opinion is though i like Green Day, even when noel gallagher is pissed out of his brain and swearing like a banshee he still has 10 times the amount of charisma Billie Joe has.
The D-Cup Wonder!!
King For A Couple Of Days
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
December 24th, 2006 at 12:52am
NeoSteph:
OrangeMochaFrappuchino:
NeoSteph:
Bury Me in Black.:
.. aNaiiD* xD ..:
yournewarchnemesis:

haha true Roxanne

lmfao Very good point.

maybe it's just me but I tend to only laugh when i find something funny Rolling Eyes

yeah your right and my differing opinion is though i like Green Day, even when noel gallagher is pissed out of his brain and swearing like a banshee he still has 10 times the amount of charisma Billie Joe has.

And that's your opinion. ^^ Mine is that Noel Gallagher may be charismatic, he's still a lot less stable than Billie.
Danchili
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Danchili
December 24th, 2006 at 03:11am
Did you notice that BOBD is the song that won the grammy? Think
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
December 24th, 2006 at 03:16am
Danchili:
Did you notice that BOBD is the song that won the grammy? Think

excellent point if you ask me. but no one did. Pat
threeam.
Geek
threeam.
December 24th, 2006 at 03:20am
yea, they do sound similar but aren't exactly the same... It's weird how so many people draw attention to themselves by saying all of this about Green Day.. Like someone said, first the Killers, then that crazy oregen guy, and now the dude from Oasis. There's probably way more people out there who have said stuff. I know that it bugs a lot of people when this happens, but stuff like this usually does. I'd honestly say it's normal for a fan to freak out or be pissed at someone else saying stuff about their favourite band. So yeeeeea.. some people out there are just crazy. x]
Danchili
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Danchili
December 24th, 2006 at 03:26am
<3am.:
yea, they do sound similar but aren't exactly the same... It's weird how so many people draw attention to themselves by saying all of this about Green Day.. Like someone said, first the Killers, then that crazy oregen guy, and now the dude from Oasis. There's probably way more people out there who have said stuff. I know that it bugs a lot of people when this happens, but stuff like this usually does. I'd honestly say it's normal for a fan to freak out or be pissed at someone else saying stuff about there favourite band. So yeeeeea.. some are just crazy. x]
what do you mean with the killers??? And what about johnny rotten??
Danchili
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Danchili
December 24th, 2006 at 03:27am
<3am.:
yea, they do sound similar but aren't exactly the same... It's weird how so many people draw attention to themselves by saying all of this about Green Day.. Like someone said, first the Killers, then that crazy oregen guy, and now the dude from Oasis. There's probably way more people out there who have said stuff. I know that it bugs a lot of people when this happens, but stuff like this usually does. I'd honestly say it's normal for a fan to freak out or be pissed at someone else saying stuff about there favourite band. So yeeeeea.. some are just crazy. x]
threeam.
Geek
threeam.
December 24th, 2006 at 03:43am
Danchili:
<3am.:
no idea who that is.. and I mean Brandon Flowers was saying stuff about Green Day that wasn't right. He said something like.. "Having a whole bunch of kids from England singing along to a song called American Idiot. They planned it and he (referring to Bj) knew it!" Yea.. something like that. I read an article of that somewhere.
Register