davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 01:11pm
hoppus love.:
I doubt she's coming back ._.

You never know.
Remember that girl who was missing for nine months when she got kidnapped by a man who thought he was Jesus? She came back.

edit: I'd also like to point out the boy who was missing for 4 years and recently returned to his family. He was only 30 miles away from his home.

I do wish the girls family love. I can't imagine what they're going through. And the fact there is "Find Madeline" myspace's and such heartens me.
timothy mctague.
Geek
timothy mctague.
May 27th, 2007 at 02:40am
No. They should not have.
If there was an adult looking after them while the parents had dinner, that would be fine.
It is so irresponsible to leave your young children in a room alone, in a foreign country.
Its the parents fault, I hope they find her soon.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 10:51pm
x__Deliciously Ugly:
If there was an adult looking after them while the parents had dinner, that would be fine.
It is so irresponsible to leave your young children in a room alone, in a foreign country.

No, it's not the parents fault. It's the kidnappers fault. I don't care if the parents left the little girl all tied up in a ghetto alley with a big bright neon sign saying "KIDNAP ME PLEASE", that does NOT justify anyone kidnapping her. The way you said that makes it seem like its ok to kidnap kids if their parents leave them alone. Well, thats not the case. Im guessing you don't have kids, and Im guessing you don't babysit them either, and if you do, you're very sheltered about the world around you, no offense. Every single parent on the planet will admit to doing something they regret, but the majority of them were lucky and nothing happened. The trama and emotional distress that the poor family of this girl must be experiencing is beyond my comprehension, and it aggitates me more than you'll ever know to see people blame them.

Thats like blaming a rape victim for being attacked. She may have been by herself, or dressed suggestively, does that make it her fault? NO! TThe person who commited the crime is who is to blame, never the victim. Attitudes like the one you're showing are why people hesitate to get help when they're in situations like that. They feel they'll be blamed, and they're probably blaming themselves, when they shouldn't be. Can you imagine being the parents, and reading what you just said?
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 28th, 2007 at 01:04am
In most stranger abductions the child doesn't live past 24 hours.
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
May 28th, 2007 at 05:39am
Kurtni:
x__Deliciously Ugly:

No, it's not the parents fault. It's the kidnappers fault. I don't care if the parents left the little girl all tied up in a ghetto alley with a big bright neon sign saying "KIDNAP ME PLEASE", that does NOT justify anyone kidnapping her. The way you said that makes it seem like its ok to kidnap kids if their parents leave them alone. Well, thats not the case. Im guessing you don't have kids, and Im guessing you don't babysit them either, and if you do, you're very sheltered about the world around you, no offense. Every single parent on the planet will admit to doing something they regret, but the majority of them were lucky and nothing happened. The trama and emotional distress that the poor family of this girl must be experiencing is beyond my comprehension, and it aggitates me more than you'll ever know to see people blame them.

Thats like blaming a rape victim for being attacked. She may have been by herself, or dressed suggestively, does that make it her fault? NO! TThe person who commited the crime is who is to blame, never the victim. Attitudes like the one you're showing are why people hesitate to get help when they're in situations like that. They feel they'll be blamed, and they're probably blaming themselves, when they shouldn't be. Can you imagine being the parents, and reading what you just said?

Of course it's not the child's fault, and nothing justifies kidnapping her. But I do think it was irresponsible to leave three young children alone. There's not just the threat of abduction, a child that age could easily have an accident if they were alone in an apartment.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2007 at 06:02am
Where are you all finding these random statistics from o_O
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 28th, 2007 at 10:16am
In the defense of the parents, the distance from the apartment to the table they were sitting at was so minimal that it was as though they were having dinner in their garden.

And I'm assuming, since she was wearing her pyjamas when she was kidnapped, that she was in bed, so it's not like she'd start a fire or anything, she'd just be sleeping.

YES it was a mistake, but what's done is done, and it will haunt the parents forever. They don't need people who are only using hindsight to condemn them, because let's face it, now we saw omg that was so stupid, but say they were ACTUALLY just at home in their garden having dinner, and the children were upstairs in bed. Would that be a mistake if nothing went wrong?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2007 at 10:57am
Jimmy4Whatsername:

Of course it's not the child's fault, and nothing justifies kidnapping her. But I do think it was irresponsible to leave three young children alone. There's not just the threat of abduction, a child that age could easily have an accident if they were alone in an apartment.

Well of course it was irresponsible, no ones saying that leaving your kids alone is a smart idea. But it isn't the parents fault that kidnappers exist in this world, and it isnt their fault that one just happened to be there that night.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 28th, 2007 at 11:12am
A Melancholy Autumn:
hoppus love.:
I doubt she's coming back ._.

You never know.
Remember that girl who was missing for nine months when she got kidnapped by a man who thought he was Jesus? She came back.

edit: I'd also like to point out the boy who was missing for 4 years and recently returned to his family. He was only 30 miles away from his home.

I do wish the girls family love. I can't imagine what they're going through. And the fact there is "Find Madeline" myspace's and such heartens me.

Of course you never know.

I just said what I was thinking, it's not likely that she's coming back imho. ... I won't pretend I know much about this, but I guess she's in some kind of mafie kidnapping key jgjkdfjgf thing now, I mean ... everybody knows her face already. Maybe she's coming back after some years.. or never.

Yeah I hope I'm wrong.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 28th, 2007 at 11:12am
x__Deliciously Ugly:
You know how many parents leave their parents along and nothing happens? It wasn't the best idea obviously, but that's easy to say.
I don't blame her parents and they're biting their ass now anyway
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2007 at 03:00pm
hoppus love.:
You know how many parents leave their parents along and nothing happens? It wasn't the best idea obviously, but that's easy to say.

YEAH WHATS WRONG WITH THOSE PARENTS LEAVING THEIR PARENTS ALONG?
lmfao

Coolio ily Be.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
June 3rd, 2007 at 07:17am
I don't give a fuck about the parents, its the little girl I feel sorry for because god knows what the hell is going on. And she wouldn't understand what is going on,.
Verbatim.
King For A Couple Of Days
Verbatim.
June 3rd, 2007 at 11:45am
I don't think they're going to find her, and if they do, I doubt it'll be a happy ending after this length of time.
It's a month today since she was taken, and even after all this press coverage, there's been nothing. Yeah, there's been a few cases where a child has been returned after a few months or years, but it doesn't happen often in comparison to all the other kidnappings.

However, the case has touched me, as it has the rest of the UK and I think her parents should be extremely grateful for the huge media coverage and public response they've got from it, as many missing children's cases go relatively unnoticed.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:33pm
Kurtni:
hoppus love.:

YEAH WHATS WRONG WITH THOSE PARENTS LEAVING THEIR PARENTS ALONG?
lmfao

Coolio ily Be.

DON'T QUESTION THE TEACHINGS OF BE OMFG
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:41pm
lets just hope the sightings of her are real...
If they would have just killed her, the murderer may have panicked, and dropped evidence, which would have maybe been found by now....
-crosses fingers-
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
June 3rd, 2007 at 05:12pm
I just heard on the news that JK Rowling is thinking of putting a bookmark with the little girls picture in every copy of the new Harry Potter book...
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2007 at 12:11pm
tbh I think the press coverage has made it slighty worse. The kidnapper; if it wasn't her parents, could have seen the coverage and panicked- therefore either killing her or taking her further away.

my view sry
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
June 6th, 2007 at 01:20pm
Tom's Back.:
tbh I think the press coverage has made it slighty worse. The kidnapper; if it wasn't her parents, could have seen the coverage and panicked- therefore either killing her or taking her further away.

my view sry

I'm sorry, what?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2007 at 05:21pm
Tom's Back.:

my view sry

If you look at recent kidnappings, such as the Shawn Horbeck and Ben Ownby recovery, without the media coverage they would have continued to be imprisoned. If the media hadn't focused their attention on spreading details about the white truck a witness spotted, no one would have thought anything of it, and the kids would have never been returned. The media coverage helps.

Random off topic comment, you know the kid who saw the white truck that Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownbys kidnapper drove? Yeah, he gets to go on a safari in Africa this summer. Raaad Cheese
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2007 at 11:57am
Mastodon:
Tom's Back.:

my view sry

I'm sorry, what?

if it wasn't her parents that killed her or whatever.
Register