May 1st, 2011 at 01:11pm
lol how funny!

except not really, calling someone retarded for no reason is childish
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
May 1st, 2011 at 01:47pm
Because obviously rap is more of a lame attempt at poetry than the we-so-hardcore nature of MCR/A7X's lyrics...
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 1st, 2011 at 10:48pm
Just because I don't listen to Rap doesn't mean I don't know music.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 1st, 2011 at 11:02pm
that's not what they were saying.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 1st, 2011 at 11:49pm
It's just that most Rap music out there is about bling and drugs and sex and alcohol, so it's really Retards Attempting Poetry to me. I don't diss it because I listen to Gym Class Heroes, Travie McCoy, B.o.B., and Flobots because it's fun to dance to and it's a bit more relevant to me then what everyone else is rapping about.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 1st, 2011 at 11:53pm
what is relevent to you does not define what is good and bad poetry
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 2nd, 2011 at 12:16am
Frank Anthony Iero.:
It's just that most Rap music out there is about bling and drugs and sex and alcohol, so it's really Retards Attempting Poetry to me. I don't diss it because I listen to Gym Class Heroes, Travie McCoy, B.o.B., and Flobots because it's fun to dance to and it's a bit more relevant to me then what everyone else is rapping about.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:15pm
greenday6:

That was a funny video.
Anyways, the reason why I don't normally listen to Rap besides four artists/groups is because most of the subjects don't appeal to me. I would rather listen to Airplanes by B.o.B. because it makes me think of good things rather than bad things. It makes me happy.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
May 3rd, 2011 at 09:25am
What about eminem or 2pac.
What about kids on the street rapping about their lives, their problems, their neighbourhood. Is there attempt of telling their story through lyrics and music, through rap more retarded than any other musical style? I think that's stupid, and you can't just base your comments on mainstream music and crap like mtv, think about people who actually have something to say and perhaps talent. Most good music isn't even on tv. All the rap songs u hear on the radio are about sex and drugs cause that's what the masses want, it's commercial and makes a load of money. But it doesn't mean that is everything there is to it.
A similar situation is for example basically all the punk music you hear on the radio or see on tv is blink182 and fall out boy or whatever, but that doesn't mean punk isn't a musical genre or it sucks cause it's all about highschool kids and other crap. Because there are also bands out there like the ramones, black flag or dead kennedys, but people don't really know about them cause they don't get that much exposure. It's the same case with rap, it's definitely a music genre and it's definitely poetry so maybe before judging and dissing an entire musical genre you should probably do some research because there are real artists out there.
Batfreak
King For A Couple Of Days
Batfreak

Blog
May 3rd, 2011 at 11:15am
Let me start off by saying generally, all music is poetry. That's where music comes from. Poetry. If you can write a poem and give it a beat/tune, then I'm pretty sure you jus made a song.
In my opinion, I think all the good bands/singers aren't getting as much recognition as those on TV and the radio. Stations like KDWB give the same people over and over again with all the same type of music (not genre, type; as in music they want to put on, which is usually the music about drugs/sex and rarely real-life stories). I don't watch TV all the damn time, but when I do and watch and interview with a random band/singer I hear things like, "Oh this song is jus about going out to a party with friends and probably getting drunk or somehting like that." What I rarely hear is something like a song relating to a personal moment in their childhood or something like that. For example: Billie Joe wrote Wake Me Up When September Ends about his dad's death. That is a personal song.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
May 3rd, 2011 at 06:56pm
wild at heart:
What about eminem or 2pac.
What about kids on the street rapping about their lives, their problems, their neighbourhood. Is there attempt of telling their story through lyrics and music, through rap more retarded than any other musical style? I think that's stupid, and you can't just base your comments on mainstream music and crap like mtv, think about people who actually have something to say and perhaps talent. Most good music isn't even on tv. All the rap songs u hear on the radio are about sex and drugs cause that's what the masses want, it's commercial and makes a load of money. But it doesn't mean that is everything there is to it.
A similar situation is for example basically all the punk music you hear on the radio or see on tv is blink182 and fall out boy or whatever, but that doesn't mean punk isn't a musical genre or it sucks cause it's all about highschool kids and other crap. Because there are also bands out there like the ramones, black flag or dead kennedys, but people don't really know about them cause they don't get that much exposure. It's the same case with rap, it's definitely a music genre and it's definitely poetry so maybe before judging and dissing an entire musical genre you should probably do some research because there are real artists out there.

Nicely articulated.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
May 4th, 2011 at 08:08pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:

I can relate to the Flobots too, totaly

I can hand out a million vaccinations
Or let'em all die in exasperation
Have'em all healed of their lacerations
Have'em all killed by assassination
I can make anybody go to prison
Just because I don't like'em and
I can do anything with no permission
I have it all under my command
I can guide a missile by satellite
By satellite
By satellite
and I can hit a target through a telescope
Through a telescope
Through a telescope
and I can end the planet in a holocaust
In a holocaust

Deep stuff, true poetry.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
May 6th, 2011 at 03:09pm
Jarvis Cocker.:

Nicely articulated.

Oh thank's haha. I was bored in physics class...
Mareh
Mareh

Blog
May 6th, 2011 at 09:14pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:

Point I'm making here is that with every single genre of music, there are always exceptions to the rules, even rap. Most rock is about sex, drugs, killing yourself and being broken up with. In many ways it's actually a lot worse than rap.
Rainy Days
Jackass
Rainy Days
May 7th, 2011 at 02:46am
i am not a fan of rap, but if you are, then go right ahead.

like. i. give. a. fuck.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
May 7th, 2011 at 11:12am
I can listen to rap as long as the lyrics have nothing to do with bling, money, drugs, alcohol, or sex.
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
May 7th, 2011 at 11:36am
...Well then what's left? Lyrics about kittens, candyfloss and babies?
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
May 7th, 2011 at 11:53am
Jeepster:
...Well then what's left? Lyrics about kittens, candyfloss and babies?

Or dandruff...
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
May 7th, 2011 at 05:16pm
Dana.:
I can listen to rap as long as the lyrics have nothing to do with bling, money, drugs, alcohol, or sex.

"Drugs, gimme drugs, gimme drugs"
- Na Na Na - My Chemical Romance

"The amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking"
- Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us - My Chemical Romance

"Scream, scream, scream the way you would if I ravaged your body"
- Scream - Avenged Sevenfold [I don't think you can argue that that's about anything other than sex. Unless it's about murder.]

and there's another MCR track called 'Vampire Money', which covers all bases except bling. and it's only a matter of time til they write a song about that.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
May 7th, 2011 at 08:09pm
Jarvis Cocker.:
Dana.:

"Drugs, gimme drugs, gimme drugs"
- Na Na Na - My Chemical Romance

"The amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking"
- Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us - My Chemical Romance

"Scream, scream, scream the way you would if I ravaged your body"
- Scream - Avenged Sevenfold [I don't think you can argue that that's about anything other than sex. Unless it's about murder.]

and there's another MCR track called 'Vampire Money', which covers all bases except bling. and it's only a matter of time til they write a song about that.

Did I ever tell you how awesome you are?
Register