Body Modification

AuthorMessage
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 22nd, 2007 at 02:12pm
Kurtni:
I got a Henna when I was in florida. Think Mine was 40$ and I had it for like 5 weeks. I didn't get burns or anything.... mine might not have been ~real~ henna though because it wasn't just red.. they had different colors. Mine was red and black

lmfao it was a heartgrenade omg Im lame
Hand You win at life. Con
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
December 1st, 2007 at 01:41am
Personally, I think tattoos are a huge waste of money, especially if you end up disliking it in the future, or if you get it in a place where it's rarely going to be seen. I really don't understand the significance.
I think lipo suction is ridiculous, unless you're so big that you can hardly move. If you're able to exercise, then do so to the best of your ability so that you can take off some pounds
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 2nd, 2007 at 01:25am
Most people who get tattoos think they are beautiful, attractive, and highly significant as they usually get them for a reason, and are therefore worth the money x43346457567.
Verbatim.
King For A Couple Of Days
Verbatim.
December 2nd, 2007 at 02:33pm
I love body modification.

I think if it makes the person feel better about themselves, then it's worth every penny they paid for it, and more.

I see the body as a blank canvas, which each person can personalise to suit who they are.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
December 2nd, 2007 at 02:34pm
Start Something.:
I love body modification.

I think if it makes the person feel better about themselves, then it's worth every penny they paid for it, and more.

I see the body as a blank canvas, which each person can personalise to suit who they are.
I totally agree with you Con

If somebody wants to change themselves it's their choice not anybody else's.Whether it's a tatoo or plastic surgery, I'd never try and sway anyone from getting it done.
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
December 2nd, 2007 at 07:02pm
sexy laura:
I totally agree with you Con

If somebody wants to change themselves it's their choice not anybody else's.Whether it's a tatoo or plastic surgery, I'd never try and sway anyone from getting it done.

Exactly, i hate it when people complain about another person's body mods. Like you said, its their body, it's not as if we're forcing other people to get any, and what we do to our bodies is our own business, not anyone elses.

I mean, I know it's not the same as a tattoo or whatever, but if someone had to have a pacemaker fitted, would someone complain about that? No. Well don't complain about people's piercings.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.

Mibba
December 17th, 2007 at 05:22pm
What, if anything, do you find unacceptable?
Clit piercings, anus piercings, penis piercings, basically any genital piercings.
Scarrification.
Pearling O.O
Foot Binding
Lip Disking
Neck Lengthening [idk what it's actually called]

Even though I don't agree with them, doesn't mean other people shouldn't have them done. The last 3 aren't even done in this country, and the other ones you can't see on people, unless they show you. If you wanna go through seering pain, then go for it.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
December 17th, 2007 at 06:42pm
Whether people like it or not, some of these body modifications have gone back hundreds of years. Do you really hate tradition and heritige that much that you would want people stop feeing better about themselves? Doing what they want with their own bodies, you don't have to live with it so don't judge it.
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
December 17th, 2007 at 11:04pm
I don't know if many of you have been to a tattoo convention but at them you meet the most colourful people on earth.
I mean come on we are beige.
So why not be a bit different or interesting looking.
I have one tattoo and am considering more and I went to a convention with a mate of mine and it was really eye opening.
I just wish I had the guts to get loads
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 18th, 2007 at 04:07am
Dani V. Presents...:
What, if anything, do you find unacceptable?
Clit piercings, anus piercings, penis piercings, basically any genital piercings.
Scarrification.
Pearling O.O
Foot Binding
Lip Disking
Neck Lengthening [idk what it's actually called]

Even though I don't agree with them, doesn't mean other people shouldn't have them done. The last 3 aren't even done in this country, and the other ones you can't see on people, unless they show you. If you wanna go through seering pain, then go for it.
The last three are actually traditional things, done because the standards for beauty in those countries are actually quite different. Although I don't know many women who've had their feet bound, if you go to Africa, I'm sure you could run into people with lip disks, their ears guaged, or who've had their necks lengthened. It's all in what you find beautiful.

Scarification is pretty much just an extreme tattoo, tbh. With burning and cutting and stuff. Coolio Faith
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 18th, 2007 at 11:31am
I just found out why women in China used to have bound feet. omgno
Sylar
Sylar
December 19th, 2007 at 01:04am
schooldropout:
Whether people like it or not, some of these body modifications have gone back hundreds of years. Do you really hate tradition and heritige that much that you would want people stop feeing better about themselves? Doing what they want with their own bodies, you don't have to live with it so don't judge it.

But at the same time, just because it's tradition doesn't mean we can't personally dislike it.
Also, a lot of these traditions (i.e. foot binding) impede on people's health and are no longer done.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
December 19th, 2007 at 01:18am
i have a couple home done tattoos plan on getting more. gauging my ears here in about an hour as well as lip piercings. i love body modifacations....idk why.
Raina Lupa
Addict
Raina Lupa
December 19th, 2007 at 03:33am
I realise my initial information was a little vague, so I'll go for it.

Aside from tattoos etc...I'd like surgery to even out my breasts, if they haven't sorted themselves by the time I'm 21. Also, I have a motor problem with my right eye that I want fixed. It doesn't affect my sight at all (in fact I have better sight than most) but it's aesthetically wrong and causes me a lot of confidence issues.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.

Mibba
December 19th, 2007 at 09:33pm
bjtp:

lmfao Gross isn't it? There's some rather irk pictures for anyone who'd like to see them. I just need to find them.

edit: I can't. They were on Snopes.com somewhere.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 20th, 2007 at 04:25am
Dani V. Presents...:
bjtp:

lmfao Gross isn't it? There's some rather irk pictures for anyone who'd like to see them. I just need to find them.

edit: I can't. They were on Snopes.com somewhere.
In their culture, tiny feet were considered beautiful. Maybe the methods they used to achieve this standard was damaging and unsafe, but these women willingly underwent the procedure. I don't think it's fair to judge something like that by the standards we live with today.
penfold
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
penfold
December 20th, 2007 at 08:37am
the only prob i have is with bogans piercing their 6,7,8 month old babies ears... something not quite right there...
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
December 22nd, 2007 at 02:59pm
Why would genital piercings be unacceptable, they're just body parts o.o
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
December 22nd, 2007 at 04:10pm
Maybe because some are not aware of the fact of how painful they could be?
Or hygienic reasons idk.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 02:03pm
All I know about piercings there is that they have to use a local anesthetic. Same with tattoos in the same area.
Register