Body Modification

AuthorMessage
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
December 31st, 2007 at 09:00pm
penfold:
the only prob i have is with bogans piercing their 6,7,8 month old babies ears... something not quite right there...

I agree. Body Modification is a personal choice, but a young child who can't even speak is not able to make that choice.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2007 at 09:06pm
Jimmy4Whatsername:
penfold:
the only prob i have is with bogans piercing their 6,7,8 month old babies ears... something not quite right there...

I agree. Body Modification is a personal choice, but a young child who can't even speak is not able to make that choice.

Parents make choices for their children all the time, it's kind of their job. Mr. Green
Drummergirl
Idiot
Drummergirl
December 31st, 2007 at 09:21pm
just like many other people on here, I say the body is like an open canvas.Waiting to be drawn on.
deviDYNAMITE_tm
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
deviDYNAMITE_tm

Blog
January 31st, 2008 at 10:31pm
for starters i have 12 piercings, and a piece of scarfaction on my wrist. soon to be tattoos.
i find them very unique if i say so myself. its like your seperating yourself from the crowd. thats why i hate bussinesses that wont hire you because you look 'rebellious' but you have the most spunky personality in the world
Addison Dewitt
King For A Couple Of Days
Addison Dewitt

Blog
February 1st, 2008 at 03:58am
deviDYNAMITE_tm:
for starters i have 12 piercings, and a piece of scarfaction on my wrist. soon to be tattoos.
i find them very unique if i say so myself. its like your seperating yourself from the crowd. thats why i hate bussinesses that wont hire you because you look 'rebellious' but you have the most spunky personality in the world

Funny you should bring up employers, the place my big brother works at just totally like de suit and tied the place because the dress code was so strict they weren't getting any new employees.. Coffee
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
February 26th, 2008 at 06:22am
What is your overall view of body modification?
As long as it doesn't affect genaral health too badly (i.e. overly binding something like feet, waist or neck stretching too much) its perfectly fine.

Do you indulge in any of the afforementioned practices?
ear gauging (only up tp 8 and staying due to closeness of other earings and the other side I frankly can't be bothered with right now.), piercings (ear, lip), tattoos (right ankle, left wrist, lower back, soon to be back of neck and behind ears as well (when i get the money))

What are your opinions of some of the individual methods?
I have done my ears at home before but I (allbeit kinda crude-ly) sterilised (Heat stuff beforehand and antiseptic stuff) before piercing, but any other piercing should be done professionally unless you have the right kind of training yourself, same goes with tattoos and anything else like that.

What, if anything, do you find unacceptable?
Anything that without the modification you would risk death somehow... A ridiculously stretched neck would no doubt not support itself even remotly without the rings, though I do actually think especially with the really dark skin and silver ring things neck stretching (to a point) looks beautiful. or too tight corsets that can seriously damage health... though dita von tease Lick (but thats not too tight)
so yeah, as long as its not likely to be terminal somehow.... or actually insulting like getting "Fuck you" tattoed on an obvious place that young children may possibly see, same goes for blatent sex acts/organs.

Oh and btw Daleks too. Smile They started off as Kaleds (similer to humans) and they got altered too much and well yeah... modification to that extent is never good.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 26th, 2008 at 04:10pm
Jimmy4Whatsername:
penfold:

I actually wished my parents had pierced my ears when I was a baby. I grew up desperately wanting pierced ears, and by the time I had pierced them, I was in high school and earrings weren't such a big thing for me. I would have enjoyed the piercings so much more if I could have had them when I was younger.

And I don't see the harm in it. If the kid doesn't want peirced ears when he or she gets older, then they can just let the holes close up on their own.
Addison Dewitt
Addison Dewitt

Blog
February 26th, 2008 at 04:42pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Jimmy4Whatsername:
penfold:

I actually wished my parents had pierced my ears when I was a baby. I grew up desperately wanting pierced ears, and by the time I had pierced them, I was in high school and earrings weren't such a big thing for me. I would have enjoyed the piercings so much more if I could have had them when I was younger.

And I don't see the harm in it. If the kid doesn't want peirced ears when he or she gets older, then they can just let the holes close up on their own.

Sometimes the holes don't close up, I got my ears pierced when I was 7 and hadn't worn earrings for maybe 2 years, I just had to twist the earring in through the gunk that had filled in the hole. I'm pretty sure it wasn't skin. Shocked
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
March 2nd, 2008 at 12:42pm
Pity_The_Clever:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Jimmy4Whatsername:
penfold:

Sometimes the holes don't close up, I got my ears pierced when I was 7 and hadn't worn earrings for maybe 2 years, I just had to twist the earring in through the gunk that had filled in the hole. I'm pretty sure it wasn't skin. Shocked
I got my ears pierced that day I was born. My mom said that's what they do in Spain. And my ears never ever close, and I rarely wear earrings.
The dumb thing is, though. Since I got them so young, I would be wearing earrings, and they'd get pulled on. So they're stretched and bad-looking.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2008 at 12:54pm
I wish they would make some kind of standardized law in the UK for piercings. It bugs me that each individual place seems to make up their own rules. ._.
And make a properly legal and approved guideline for scarifications. 'Cause as far as I see it, there is none, and there should be, for safety reasons.

I have a few piercings and I'd consider getting tattoos. When people take it too far, though, I just think they look like a mess. Personal opinion, sorry.

I don't have any scarifications, but I've had an operation on my leg that will leave me with a weird, roughly-diamond shaped area of scar tissue when it heals. So I guess that counts as some kind of ~body modification~, even if I didn't choose it.
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
March 7th, 2008 at 09:05am
Yes I Am God:
Pity_The_Clever:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Jimmy4Whatsername:
penfold:

I got my ears pierced that day I was born. My mom said that's what they do in Spain. And my ears never ever close, and I rarely wear earrings.
The dumb thing is, though. Since I got them so young, I would be wearing earrings, and they'd get pulled on. So they're stretched and bad-looking.

Ear piercings are one thing but I saw one kid on holiday (Butlins) (no more than a young 3, was walking okay but still very very young) in the showers so being a tiny weeny kid and all female changing rooms, no clothes and she had EVERYTHING pierced... i mean she had ears lobes, 3time, cartialge twice (this is on each ear mind...) nose, septum, monroe, nipples and belly button. I mean WTF!? this kid looked like she could barely talk let alone say piercing even! Im sorry though but that is too far really.... Hand
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
March 7th, 2008 at 01:17pm
As far as genital piercings go.... I don't see what the problem is.

I have a friend with a Jacobs Ladder.... He said it doesn't hurt to get it pierced...

It also actually makes sex more pleasurable for the laddddies.

and clit piercings heal incredibly fast.. and aren't harmful at all. So more power to anybody who wants one.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 7th, 2008 at 02:47pm
Remarkable Rocket:

and clit piercings heal incredibly fast.. and aren't harmful at all. So more power to anybody who wants one.
Thats not true,they can result in permanent nerve damage. They can result in decreased sensitivity. If you ever go to get a piercing like that, your piercer will warn you of everything that can go wrong. (at least they should..)
superfan
Geek
superfan
March 11th, 2008 at 07:13am
I'd do anything to make my body perfect... if only I had the money to
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
March 29th, 2008 at 09:46pm
*muffin_girl*:

Ear piercings are one thing but I saw one kid on holiday (Butlins) (no more than a young 3, was walking okay but still very very young) in the showers so being a tiny weeny kid and all female changing rooms, no clothes and she had EVERYTHING pierced... i mean she had ears lobes, 3time, cartialge twice (this is on each ear mind...) nose, septum, monroe, nipples and belly button. I mean WTF!? this kid looked like she could barely talk let alone say piercing even! Im sorry though but that is too far really.... Hand

i really, really hope you're making that up ;o
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
April 4th, 2008 at 06:36am
I only want to make 2nd piercing in my ear. I don't think that it's freaky ( most of girls have 2 piercings in their ears) but idk why my parents think that it's wrong.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 6th, 2008 at 05:51am
superfan:
I'd do anything to make my body perfect... if only I had the money to

now what's 'perfect'? Cassie
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 8th, 2008 at 12:28am
OK, it is my personal opinion that this topic is a bit...well, tame. So, I've decided to stir it up a bit. Con

Recently, there has been an emergence on the internet of videos of men...'self-mutilating' themselves, if you will. It's been said that there is a competition where men post videos of themselves in very painful situations, often to the point where the castrate themselves. This has been dubbed the 'Pain Olympics' and it's been a craze on the internet recently. If you want to see the videos, I warn you that they are hard to stomach. Search on Google 'Pain Olympics', YouTube has taken them all off. I warn you tough, it's nasty.

So in this competition apparently there are cash rewards for the person who looks to have endured the post pain. But unfortunately, the pain is too much for their bodies and there have been reports of some individuals dying.

Contraversial enough? Discuss.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 9th, 2008 at 12:37pm
Anji:
OK, it is my personal opinion that this topic is a bit...well, tame. So, I've decided to stir it up a bit. Con

Recently, there has been an emergence on the internet of videos of men...'self-mutilating' themselves, if you will. It's been said that there is a competition where men post videos of themselves in very painful situations, often to the point where the castrate themselves. This has been dubbed the 'Pain Olympics' and it's been a craze on the internet recently. If you want to see the videos, I warn you that they are hard to stomach. Search on Google 'Pain Olympics', YouTube has taken them all off. I warn you tough, it's nasty.

So in this competition apparently there are cash rewards for the person who looks to have endured the post pain. But unfortunately, the pain is too much for their bodies and there have been reports of some individuals dying.

Contraversial enough? Discuss.
Omg, Pain Olympics.

I've only heard of it, and I have no interest in seeing it, really, but I find this to be very extreme and really, they shouldn't be doing it, since they probably don't know what they're doing to themselves. It's just way too extreme and disturbing in my eyes and quite ew, too.
felony by lions.
Addict
felony by lions.

Blog
April 9th, 2008 at 02:10pm
Pain Olympics?
no.

Body Mod. is okay to some extent.
Tattoos, piercings. All okay.
Scarrifacation is... no just no.
Not against it, but i dont support it.

So, it's okay as long it's not over-board.
Register