Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of Emo

AuthorMessage
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
March 7th, 2009 at 09:42am
Honey:
My daddy was yelling about me because I was listening to MCR and my stepmom came in and she was all like, "Come on, Kevin. Remember when we were kids and there were all these people telling us to stop listening to that 'Devil music?' You're being just like them. Lay off her. I think it's pretty good music, she just needs to stop talking about it so much." And I was all like Very Happy omg a grownup agrees with me! Mr. Green

I'm not sure where I was going with that...

But I used to get pushed down the stairs and stuff which made me a suicidal third grader...

So all bullies should be tortured, in my opinion, and I should be the one who comes up with different ways to torture them because I've already come up with a shitload of torture methods. Smile

Just strap them down and force them to watch hours of documentaries and Telletubbies reruns. BWAHAHAHA!!!!!
But if you start to bully(/torture) a bully, doesn't that come back and bite you in the ass?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 7th, 2009 at 10:04am
ocean avenue:
But if you start to bully(/torture) a bully, doesn't that come back and bite you in the ass?

Exactly Cheese

Honey, I get that you feel strongly about this, but no human being should ever be tortured. It's just wrong. And torturing a bully? That almost makes you worse than them. It solves nothing, it just draws you down to their level.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 13th, 2009 at 07:22am
Well, i was in a bad mood when I wrote that. I don't really mean torture, I just mean make them watch five hours of educational television which is strictly anti-bully and maybe they'd stop...
Kinda like brainwashing but it's not.

I'm just trying to offer up some solutions here.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2009 at 03:11pm
Honey:
Well, i was in a bad mood when I wrote that. I don't really mean torture, I just mean make them watch five hours of educational television which is strictly anti-bully and maybe they'd stop...

Why would that make them stop?
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
March 18th, 2009 at 12:32pm
Kurtni:
Honey:

Because obviously ALL educational videos work just look at all the under sex that's going on! >>not the sarcastic tone<<
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
March 19th, 2009 at 05:17am
Kurtni:
Honey:

So trying to slap the bully out of someone at school or, well anywhere is a waste of time ? And obviously not actually slapping them, unless needed.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2009 at 10:14pm
This is a very heated discussion. Shocked
I think that a lot of people care about this...
WHICH IS GOOD! WE CAN GET THEM TO STOP!!!
And I DO NOT appreciate the sarcasm... Grr
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
March 20th, 2009 at 12:59pm
Honey:
This is a very heated discussion. Shocked
I think that a lot of people care about this...
WHICH IS GOOD! WE CAN GET THEM TO STOP!!!
And I DO NOT appreciate the sarcasm... Grr

It wasn't aimed at you so don't prissy face me.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2009 at 02:31pm
Yeah yeah.
Let's get back on topic now, hmm?
I think that people should just leave each other alone. I got suspended because some kids were harassing me and beating me up and they made some rumour that I was going to blow up the school or something...
That's just plain wrong if you ask me. They hate me and since they're preppy the principal took their side. They should get suspended, though, because they abused and harassed me and put gum in my hair and hurt me in nearly every way imaginable.

What I don't get though is I've had all that done to me and I'm not emo, but if some kid can't go to a concert or something the next time you see them, they're all like, "My parents hate me, I'm soooo emo." and they're dressed all... emo.

Emo doesn't make sense to me, to be quite honest.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
March 20th, 2009 at 03:47pm
Honey:
Yeah yeah.

This would go more smoothly if you would stop with your childish remarks, just accept you were in the wrong.

You're doing exactly the same as the people who pick on you by naming them 'preppy', maybe behind closed doors they feel the same way you do when people call you 'emo'.

I feel that SOME today's teenage society is made up of arrogant, nonchalant people who don't really care about others feelings.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2009 at 10:52am
I go by that rule, treat others how you want to be treated.

Every freaking prep I know loves being called preppy. And y'know, maybe "yeah yeah" was my way of saying, "Yeah, I was w-w- not right, but I don't really want to dwell on it."

But if someone's a jerk to me I don't even talk to them unless they come up to me and hit me or start hurting my friends or something. That's the only way I even acknowledge these people and they hate me anyways?!?

See, life ain't fair. I learned that a long time ago and these douchebags enforce it.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
March 22nd, 2009 at 04:32am
Honey:
Every freaking prep I know loves being called preppy.

...and every 'emo' I know love being called emo. BUTTT they pretend to hate it you see, for more attention.
Jello Biafra.
Falling In Love With The Board
Jello Biafra.

Blog
March 22nd, 2009 at 01:45pm
Toasty Holmes:

I feel that SOME today's teenage society is made up of arrogant, nonchalant people who don't really care about others feelings.

Today's teenage society are brainwashed by technology and the media imo.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2009 at 06:28pm
I think that the schools should hire trained mercenaries to root out the bullies...

Sorry. Another angry comment about bully harm that I didn't entirely mean.

But it would be nice if they were gone... I suggest making a place, bully island, where they can be by themselves on a tropical paradise and beat the crap out of eath other instead of people who don't deserve it.

So it's not torture, it's just a removal. And it's not like the Holocause, cuz the bullies would be perfectly safe and happy on their Island. Smile

Oh, I hope to God I'm making sense here... I didn't get my nap yet.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2009 at 06:28pm
/double post.
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
March 28th, 2009 at 02:38am
I do honestly understand where people come from when they blame music for this. I mean, I always think of the case where some kid killed himself and they automatically blamed it on Metallica's "Fade To Black", or some other song that slippes my mind right now.

Anyways, besides the point. Again, I can see why they would blame music, as it does release feelings that were once bottled up in some cases. But it's not the fault of the music, it's usually the fault of some other factor rarely considered.

The "victim", for example. If you think a song actually encourages you to commit suicide, that's a mental problem that the victim is struggling with and needs help. It is not the fault of the music for helping the victim realise this, it is a mental state already.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2009 at 12:00pm
I agree. I just wish people weren't such morons that music was blamed. It's not like the music is even saying to kill themselves, really. Sometimes the artist is going through an internal struggle and the only way they can cope with it is to write a song about it. Sometimes it's talking about the negative aspects of suicide to dissuade people from doing it. Sometimes it's telling the story of someone they know, or the album is a story and that's just a part of it.

Take, for example, Helena by My Chemical Romance. Gerard Way was having minor thoughts of suicide when his Grandma died and he wrote a song to honour his dead Grandma. In the song, though, it specifically said, "Things are better if I stay." Meaning that he realized that suicide is a bullshit way out.

The Black Parade is an album about this guy, the Patient. Throughout the album the Patient is dying. In Teenagers, they try to dissuade teens from homicide and suicide. But then in the end it seems as if the patient's going to make it. He's on the verge of death, but "So many bright lights, they cast a shadow. But can i speak? Is it hard understanding, I'm incomplete? A life that's so demanding, I get so weak. A love that's so demanding, I can't speak! I am not afraid to keep on living. I am not afraid to walk this world alone. Honey if you stay I'll be forgiven, nothing you can say will stop me going home. " That last song is saying, "Hey, yeah you've been through hell, but don't kill yourself! This guy went through every terror imaginable: War, cancer, near-death-experiences, heartbreak, and teenagers with guns, and he's gonna make it in hte end! Look how rough he's had it! Now tell me, do you really wanna kill yourself?"

And in Green Day's album, American Idiot, it tells a story too. And take for example, "Jimmy died today. He blew his brains out into the bay." That's not promoting suicide. It's telling the story of the underground and that's just what happened.

So it's not the music. It's how people interpret it.

I know I'm guilty of misinterpreting songs. We all are. But the way parents, the media, and some people who kill themselves interpret these songs is "LET'S ALL KILL OURSELVES IN A RITUALISTIC MANNER!!! WOOT!!!"

And that's what makes people MORONS. Grr
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2009 at 02:25pm
^ And technically, Jimmy was not a physical death. It was the death of a side of someone's personality, the self-destructive side. So that's a good thing.

But yeah, I don't think that when people blame "emo" they're blaming the music. I think its the "lifestyle" that's associated with the music, and maybe the fashion? But the music is associated with a very unhappy, miserable life, hopelessness and all that jazz. And misery and hopeless torment have become something of an accessory, like "Look at how unhappy I am! Pity me!". But the kids who use it as an accessory don't go that far with it, do they? (honestly asking, because I don't know).

The kids who kill themselves actually have problems. Its kind of like blaming anorexia on models. Its in fashion right now to have mental problems, so when someone has a problem, they automatically say "its because of that emo nonsense". instead of trying to figure out if there is actually a problem.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2009 at 02:38pm
Yeah, that's the problem with people.

And I knew that Jimmy was just the death of a side of his personality, I was just taking it as someone else would. They would think, "Oh my gosh, my kid can't listen to this! And of course why would I acknowledge the fact that it's all figurative? No, it's definitely pro suicide! Now I'm gonna go watch the news and ignore my kid telling me about how he/she is being relentlessly bullied and talk them down and take everything away from them for no real reason."

Sorry. >.< I went off on a rant. But that's how my parents are. T-T

Parents never hear what their kids are saying.
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
March 28th, 2009 at 02:44pm
People just need a scapegoat 'cause they don't want to admit they (or another member of their family) has problems.

And parents definitely do not want to admit it was their fault. God forbid, you know?
Register