Green Day: Rock Band

AuthorMessage
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2010 at 09:26am
I'll be getting hold of my Xbox360 shortly. If I can find cheap instruments and borrow a copy of this game then I'll be laughing...
St. Dude
St. Dude
May 8th, 2010 at 04:55pm
IKnowTheEnemy
Idiot
IKnowTheEnemy
May 10th, 2010 at 07:02pm
i think it would be awesome... but seeing that i dont have an xbox (or wii..ect) or enough money. it seems out of reach unfortunately
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
May 12th, 2010 at 12:53pm
The interview with Tre was great Very Happy
I'm really looking forward to this now.
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
May 17th, 2010 at 04:50am
iViva La Hannah!:
DAMNIT. Why isn't EJN playable without being downloaded? I don't know how to do that shit!

My sentiments exactly. I have no bloody idea. It's cruel is what it is!! Mr. Green
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
May 17th, 2010 at 11:51am
Doctor Watson:
iViva La Hannah!:
DAMNIT. Why isn't EJN playable without being downloaded? I don't know how to do that shit!

My sentiments exactly. I have no bloody idea. It's cruel is what it is!! Mr. Green

Because thats how the evil forces of Microsoft get more money out of you Razz
From what I remember it's around £2 for additional songs.
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 17th, 2010 at 05:32pm
As far as I'm aware DLC stuff is only avaliable for the Xbox360 and PS3, if you have a wii you're going to miss out.... I could be wrong, but I've not heard otherwise yet.

DLC prices are:
PS3 - £2 per track (there's 6 tracks so £12 total)
X360 - 440MS points for each track pack (theres two packs so 880MS points) (you can buy a 1200MS point card for £17.50 or less if you look in the right places)

If Anyone with or getting an X360 wants me to make a quick how to guide for downloading the tracks I shall =)

I don't think anyone here has a PS3 (or is, understandably, not admitting it) so idk how that works. I shall talk to my friend who has a PS3 and is connected to the internets with it when I see her next)
But I think you use a credit or debit card to purchase stuff on the PS3
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 17th, 2010 at 07:31pm
Don't hate the PS3 Gary. Hand With the Playstation Network you can use either a credit card, or a Playstation Network card. And you can get the song packs slightly cheaper than if you bought each song individually. The cheapest card is $20, in the US.
Batman.
Falling In Love With The Board
Batman.
May 17th, 2010 at 07:54pm
Doctor Watson:
iViva La Hannah!:

Grmml Whatever, I'll buy the damn game... *pretends to be mad*
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 17th, 2010 at 09:51pm
greenday6:
Don't hate the PS3 Gary. Hand With the Playstation Network you can use either a credit card, or a Playstation Network card. And you can get the song packs slightly cheaper than if you bought each song individually. The cheapest card is $20, in the US.

lol, I've tried to like the PS3 but it's just not for me. I'm not like those other 360ers who just bitch about it cos it's the competition, I have actually tried it for over a week. =P

There are £20 and £50 PSN cards avaliable in the UK (according to GAME anyway).
You can also use a Credit Card on the Xbox360 as well, if that's what floats your boat.

Which consoles are people getting this on, just out of interest?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 17th, 2010 at 10:43pm
That's good to know. I never really got into the 360, because everybody I know who has one got the red ring of death, then they bought PS3's.

I reserved my copy for PS3 last week.
St. Dude
St. Dude
May 17th, 2010 at 11:34pm
i'm getting it for the PS3
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
May 18th, 2010 at 07:36am
I'll be getting this for the 360. I actually got my Xbox once I'd heard this was being released, until then I was totally happy with a MegaDrive Razz

To people who say they're confused by DLC, don't worry. I've bought a few track packs for the original RockBand and GH2 and had no problems. Once they're downloaded they just add themselves to your set list automatically.
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
May 18th, 2010 at 07:41am
On a side note, who else is sad they they're not making Green Day specific instrument controllers?
madddie
Banned
madddie
May 18th, 2010 at 07:42am
Spider Tre:
i'm getting it for the PS3

Same!!

We Are 138:
On a side note, who else is sad they they're not making Green Day specific instrument controllers?

Oh no! Sad I was hoping they would bring out Blue or something.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 18th, 2010 at 09:06am
There's some guy who makes Blue Rock Band controllers on ebay for $50, with the stickers and all that. But you can just buy a Rock Band 1 guitar on ebay really cheap and make a better one yourself. I'm just going to buy a Billie Joe signature model, and put the Rock Band guts inside. Fizz But the drum kit from Beatles Rock Band kind of looks like one of the kits Tre played during the Dookie tour. And they make a white P-bass controller to, so you could technically make your own Green Day instruments.
She...
King For A Couple Of Days
She...
May 18th, 2010 at 01:32pm
Im getting this for the wiiiiii Very Happy
my dad has a ps3 but I would never get to play rockband on it, he says its stupis cos 'you can just learn to play the songs on a real guitar'
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
May 18th, 2010 at 02:06pm
greenday6:
There's some guy who makes Blue Rock Band controllers on ebay for $50, with the stickers and all that. But you can just buy a Rock Band 1 guitar on ebay really cheap and make a better one yourself. I'm just going to buy a Billie Joe signature model, and put the Rock Band guts inside. Fizz But the drum kit from Beatles Rock Band kind of looks like one of the kits Tre played during the Dookie tour. And they make a white P-bass controller to, so you could technically make your own Green Day instruments.

Thats a really cool idea. I would have no idea how to start building my own guitar though Razz
You should put pictures up when you're done, I'd really like to see how this works out.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 19th, 2010 at 12:20am
The gutting a guitar thing was a joke, because of how much the Billie signature models cost. But there are people online who have posted tutorials showing how to make both actual size guitars, and how to take apart and repaint the Rock Band Stratocaster. It would probably be way easier to make a Stratocaster controller than a LP jr one though, because for the body all you'd have to do is attach the guts to a custom pickguard. With the Les Paul, I think you'd have to chop the body up a bit. But I'm still not really sure how you'd wire the neck buttons. I don't like the idea of full sized Rock Band controllers though, I'd feel bad about ruining a real guitar. But if I do make any Green Day themed Rock Band controllers, I'll definitely post them and maybe make tutorials.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 19th, 2010 at 12:21am
i have to get EVERYTHING
the instruments and all Sad
it's gonna cost me $187.00
sooo expensive
Register