AuthorMessage
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 13th, 2008 at 04:19pm
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:

Now we have the argument that a women can't have control over her own body because it is the apparent right thing to do and you may well be right, it is a life but until you are in the position and i hope none of you are where you have to consider an abortion you cannot judge a girl put in that position, because it is not your life.

it's not your body.

Well, by that logic, I cannot judge a murderer because I haven't been in his position or a rapist because I've never raped anyone. The thing with abortion is, it affects more than just her body. It affects a developing human life that isn't hers to abort. The fetus she is aborting isn't her body, she doesn't have the right to end it's life for her own benifit.
But that developing human doesn't care, does it? It's not like it's lying in this girls womb thinking "This is so unfair," because it only exists by coincidence.

And sure, I can see the principle in it, "It doesn't care because it hasn't developed to the point of thinking yet, so therefor you are depriving this human being its rights to live," but is there much you can do about it? No.

Because these two individuals made the choice to have sex, and the coincidence was, she got pregnant. It's their choice to have sex, so I also think it's their choice to decide if this child should be born or not.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2008 at 08:24am
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:

Now we have the argument that a women can't have control over her own body because it is the apparent right thing to do and you may well be right, it is a life but until you are in the position and i hope none of you are where you have to consider an abortion you cannot judge a girl put in that position, because it is not your life.

it's not your body.

Well, by that logic, I cannot judge a murderer because I haven't been in his position or a rapist because I've never raped anyone. The thing with abortion is, it affects more than just her body. It affects a developing human life that isn't hers to abort. The fetus she is aborting isn't her body, she doesn't have the right to end it's life for her own benifit.

Until the baby is born and the cord cut, it is apart of your body, it lives off of you, from food source to simple dynamics of being attached. Now I do believe that the time span of when abortion is allowed should be lowered to 10 weeks not only because after that the feotus is near the second trimester but because it is also dangerous to the mother.

But by own benefit what do you mean. If carrying the child full term would mean complications or death for the mother and she aborted would that not be for her own benefit. If the pregnant mother was mentally ill and allowing her to carry the baby would put her and the unborn child in danger would aborting the child not be for her own benefit. If tests showed the child was extremely disabled to the point that the mother would literally be giving birth to the child so he/she could live for a couple of weeks in agony and then die would abortion not be best for both the mother and unborn in that situation. I'm not going to mention how rape cases because that argument has been passed around too much.

There are many incidences where abortion is carried out for the mothers benefit but they are justified. I do agree that there are some who use the right to abortion unjustly but that doesn't diminish the fact that in many cases it is a procedure that is needed and the state cannot decide to force women to be mothers, it would be like A handmaids tale.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 21st, 2008 at 11:30pm
Letter from our newpaper:

Tomorrow is the March for life in Washington DC. I went the past 2 years, but I can't go this year. I have to admit it rather boring, but it really opens your eyes.

Here's a video by The Right Brothers. It's called "Momma, I Wanna Live."
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2008 at 05:18am
What a bollocking amount of figures that small editorial has, my favorite bit is ''since 1973, 45 to 50 million'' Thats a 5 million percentage of era not to mention no source was given to where these incrediably large numbers have come from. I love the little addition of anti same sex marriage at the end, just to give it a little extra kick

A bunch of bias bullshit nonsense there are plenty of good reasons to be anti abortion but you shouldn't desecrate your message by plucking stastitics from the air.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
January 22nd, 2008 at 09:21am
Shadow of a Doubt:
Letter from our newpaper:

"Those who vote for pro-abortion and same-sex marriage candidates are certainly not seeking the kingdom of god and his justice"

...seriously now?!
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
January 22nd, 2008 at 09:55am
french dog blues.:
if you are a mod, delete plz Smile

What?
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
January 22nd, 2008 at 11:46am
delete that post ;(
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 22nd, 2008 at 12:42pm
french dog blues.:

"Those who vote for pro-abortion and same-sex marriage candidates are certainly not seeking the kingdom of god and his justice"

...seriously now?!

Your right. USA is not a theocracy. Seperation of church and state is one of the main ideas in mind when the founding fathers wrote up the constitution.

If you don't like abortion then don't have one File.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2008 at 02:36pm
Memory Lane.:

If you don't like abortion then don't have one File.

I don't like murder,stealing, or animal abuse, and I won't do any of those things, but that doesn't mean they should be acceptable behavior in society for others to do. That's the purpose of laws.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 22nd, 2008 at 04:17pm
I have two more articles.

I agree with them. They may be kids, but that doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
January 29th, 2008 at 11:55pm
i got a abortion at 14 weeks, i really regret it now, so bad i'm thinking about getting pregnant again.. i saw the ultrasound just before it happened, it was like a full grown baby, had nobody there with me, i'm scared i'm gonna get post traumic depression if i have another one from someone else.. i just wish i had it back. i went through so much effort to get an abortion (seeing the ultrasound and all) now i'm thinking, was it really worth all that? Crying or Very sad

i just need to let it out and don't know what to do. i'm like full on anti everybody elses babys now and it scares me.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 30th, 2008 at 07:20am
Opheliac_666:
i got a abortion at 14 weeks, i really regret it now, so bad i'm thinking about getting pregnant again.. i saw the ultrasound just before it happened, it was like a full grown baby, had nobody there with me, i'm scared i'm gonna get post traumic depression if i have another one from someone else.. i just wish i had it back. i went through so much effort to get an abortion (seeing the ultrasound and all) now i'm thinking, was it really worth all that? Crying or Very sad

i just need to let it out and don't know what to do. i'm like full on anti everybody elses babys now and it scares me.

You should get in touch with your GP to set up some counselling sessions on the NHS so no extra cost. Did you not tell anyone about the pregnancy because it sounds as if you have no one around to talk to so your bottling up, either way i don't think coming to a thread discussing the morals of abortion after having one is going to help your mental state so if you want to talk you can PM me.

People don't understand that even if you choose to have an abortion because of whateber reason it is still losing a child so you do need to grieve. either way don't put yourself in the position of being judged so i wouldn't debate this until your mind set is clearer.
Rocker Chic
King For A Couple Of Days
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 13th, 2008 at 07:55pm
What bull. These people who claim to be all religious are saying that you won't go to heaven if you had an abortion or are gay? Are you kidding me? They teach you in church that God loves everyone, and then throw that crap in your face. What a bunch of bull.
neen bean
Addict
neen bean

Blog
February 21st, 2008 at 12:16am
I think abortion is all right if you have a good reason to it ie you're too young, health concerns. But my problem is why are people going around having unsafe sex when they know they might get pregnant?
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
February 21st, 2008 at 01:09am
Poette:
These people who claim to be all religious are saying that you won't go to heaven if you had an abortion or are gay?

Common misconception. File
droid.
droid.

Mibba
March 2nd, 2008 at 09:13pm
Being for abortion isn't being anti-life, it's being pro-choice.

And I'm sure that "God" wouldn't be against abortions or being gay. It's the people that are afraid of people doing stuff that isn't "normal" that are against it, and use God as the force behind them.
Christie_Road91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie_Road91
March 4th, 2008 at 08:27pm
i'm totally against it! i think every person should have a chance at life...even if ppl think they can't give the child the life it deserves there are better options out there like...idk adoption! no one should have life taken away before they even had a chance to experience it. and w/ the rape issue yeah i can see why someone would want to have an abortion if they were raped but is that honestly the childs fault? do they deserve to die for something they had nothing to do w/? ppl also say it's ok because it's not a life, but i believe that it is a life from the moment of conception. i've also heard ppl say "well it's not a life b/c it doesn't have a heartbeat." plants don't have heartbeats but they are living things aren't they? just to make things clear i do not hate or have anything against some who has had abortions or supports it...i just personally believe it's wrong.
suburban.zombie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
suburban.zombie

Blog
March 6th, 2008 at 10:50pm
so you wouldn't pull a weed? do you eat lettuce?...plants don't have a heartbeat...and we eat them and destroy them because they do not have a brain or think or feel. same with abortion. i'm not meaning to sound heartless here, but when you have an abortion, unless you have one late in your pregnancy which is NOT okay..thats wrong..., the embryo is not a baby. it does not have a brain or heart beat, it is a bunch of cells. you could pull it out and not even see it. i don't believe women should go around having abortions as a form of birth control but a woman who is RAPED should not have to carry a child for nine months that they are ashamed of and may resent. no one should be put through the torture of carrying around a reminder of a horrible point in their life. and some people just cannot afford pregnancy, let alone a child. going to the doctor, getting check ups, eating the right foods, buying maternity clothes...its all pretty costly. if you are poor, its not worth it if you did not want the kid in the first place. theres many more situations i could go through where an abortion should be right.

its the womans choice. you aren't the one who has to carry the child for 9 months. the republicans who vote against abortion are many times MEN, who will NEVER carry a child or know what it is like. its not their body, who are they to tell women what they can and cannot do for a whole nine months of their life?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 6th, 2008 at 11:04pm
reject08:
the republicans who vote against abortion are many times MEN, who will NEVER carry a child or know what it is like.

Do you have a statistic for that? 'cause I assure you there are plenty of democrats and women against abortion.
droid.
droid.

Mibba
March 6th, 2008 at 11:50pm
reject08:
but a woman who is RAPED should not have to carry a child for nine months that they are ashamed of and may resent.

Only 5% of the woman who get abortions are rape victims. So using that isn't really a valid reason to keep abortion legal.

-slaps self-
OMFG. I'm starting to use the facts that my french teacher brainwashes us with OMFG
Register