[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 11th, 2007 at 11:40am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
But we can think and function on our own, as opposed to a fetus, which draws nutrients from its mother, and makes no independant decisions.
But there is a stage in the womb when a fetus does start to do that. It starts developing spacial awareness, sense perception, and other things which it will keep for the duration of it's life.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
December 11th, 2007 at 01:07pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
Some guy write this into our newspaper. I agree with him.

[IMG]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c74/trecoolshottie/Random/Other/articles003.jpg[/IG]
I suppose the difference between dog fighting and abortion is the fact that the dog is actually alive and kicking, so to speak. There is no official determination of when a embryo becomes a human being, just people's points of views, so abortion is seen as acceptable to some and unacceptable to others.

And in some case, the baby has a chance of killing it's "opponent" (the mother) because it can cause complications that put the woman at risk.

I don't like the fact that he's saying abortion is for the woman's "pleasure". Abortion isn't enjoyable. No one likes it. I would use the word "convienience", if anything. Think
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
December 11th, 2007 at 01:54pm
useless drama Very Happy

he's comparing two completely unrelated things.

the killing of inconvenient children is mutating to killing anything or anybody for the sake of personal pleasure or convenience

That's soooo ignorant. Women don't abort children for the sake of pleasure or convenience. Obviously he wouldn't know how hard it is for a woman to go through an abortion or the psychological consequences which may leave a woman scarred for the rest of her life.
I am completely anti-abortion but would he rather see babies left on the streets because their parents couldn't support them?
Not taking proper care of your child is just as bad as killing it.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 11th, 2007 at 03:21pm
Shadow of a Doubt:

...but wtf that's so dumb. o_o
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
December 11th, 2007 at 08:01pm
Rollerpig:
Shadow of a Doubt:

...but wtf that's so dumb. o_o
lmfao nice debate, Be lmfao
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2007 at 08:16pm
Missouri (my state) is trying to pass new laws on abortion. I'm not sure when they vote on them... I slacked off watching the news Coolio

Think It would make it illegal in cases other than when the mothers life is threatened by her pregnancy. That doesn't mean people who live here can't get abortions, they just can't get them in this state. And they are toying with clauses regarding rape cases, but I think those will end up going by the wayside.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 12th, 2007 at 12:06am
camera obscura:
useless drama Very Happy

he's comparing two completely unrelated things.

the killing of inconvenient children is mutating to killing anything or anybody for the sake of personal pleasure or convenience

That's soooo ignorant. Women don't abort children for the sake of pleasure or convenience. Obviously he wouldn't know how hard it is for a woman to go through an abortion or the psychological consequences which may leave a woman scarred for the rest of her life.
I am completely anti-abortion but would he rather see babies left on the streets because their parents couldn't support them?
Not taking proper care of your child is just as bad as killing it.

Well, normally it is for convenience, considering abortions normally happen when a woman doesn't want the baby. Also, there are other things you can do with the baby if you can't support it. Abortion shouldn't always be a women's first choice. They can put the baby up for adoption or better yet have a relative raise the kid. My one teacher takes care of her granddaughter. Also, I think the one girl that lives next door, in my dormitory, as a kid but her parents are raising the baby. It's not always that easy, but it wouldn't leave a woman scarred for life.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 12th, 2007 at 12:17am
Anji:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
But we can think and function on our own, as opposed to a fetus, which draws nutrients from its mother, and makes no independant decisions.
But there is a stage in the womb when a fetus does start to do that. It starts developing spacial awareness, sense perception, and other things which it will keep for the duration of it's life.
I'm assuming that happens during the third trimester, right? Think

With the exception of medical reasons, it's been my understanding that the majority of women will get an abortion during the first trimester, before such development has taken place.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 12th, 2007 at 12:19am
Kurtni:
Missouri (my state) is trying to pass new laws on abortion. I'm not sure when they vote on them... I slacked off watching the news Coolio

Think It would make it illegal in cases other than when the mothers life is threatened by her pregnancy. That doesn't mean people who live here can't get abortions, they just can't get them in this state. And they are toying with clauses regarding rape cases, but I think those will end up going by the wayside.
I can't help but think that the only thing such laws will accomplish is either increasing the number of coat-hanger abortions, or force women to travel outside the state to get one. Dno
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 12th, 2007 at 01:37am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

Yes, but it's not its fault that it never gets the chance to.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 12th, 2007 at 12:25pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
Some guy wrote this into our newspaper. I agree with him.

1. There is no actual procedure in which the foetus's brain is "sucked out". During the first trimester, it is simply (I mean the whole thing here) is vacuumed out. If it is later than that, the foetus is given a relaxant straight into the heart, letting the heart stop, therefore the foetus is dead. It is then removed by surgery.
2. The dog has no option. It is forced. The whole spectacle is forced.
3. He cannot compare them. It is hardly a spectator sport, having a termination.
4. Again, before abortion was even a considerable thing, murder was rampant, perhaps even moreso than today. Since there was little way of authority and records, anyone could be killed at any given moment.
5. We are not in a food chain. We are eaten by bacteria when we die. Bacteria are a far more successful (in Darwinian terms) than ourselves.
6. Force our views? What on earth are you doing, man?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 12th, 2007 at 03:27pm
In half-birth abortions the foetus's brain is 'sucked out'.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 12th, 2007 at 04:02pm
Anji:
In half-birth abortions the foetus's brain is 'sucked out'.

Yeah, I was just about to say that.

The baby is born then they stick scissors behind it's head and suck it the brains out. I'd try to find an article about it online, but I don't want to see any graphic pictures. You can search it if you want.
Mass-suicide
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mass-suicide
December 13th, 2007 at 01:05am
I think abortion should only be okay if the person was raped or the baby is dying and on the rape side can they just raise the unborn outside the womb and put it up for adoption or wait till its born then give it up
it's not the bays fault its human to!
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 13th, 2007 at 06:45am
Santa:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

Dno

I don't think the fetus is ever at fault, but there are many cases where the woman isn't at fault either. And she should have the choice, regardless.
iwannabesedated91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
iwannabesedated91
December 13th, 2007 at 02:32pm
I'm kind of in the middle. I think it's right in certain cases, like rape cases or if the child is going to have some kind of retardation and you know you won't be able to give it a stable home and the environment it needs. But other than that i'm completely against it. It's not a "Zygote" or an "Embryo" its a human being.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 14th, 2007 at 12:03am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Santa:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

Dno

I don't think the fetus is ever at fault, but there are many cases where the woman isn't at fault either. And she should have the choice, regardless.

I'm sorry, that's not what I meant at all, my bad.
I know that it's not their fault and that you didn't think so, I just mean that they all have a chance to make their own decisions one day and just because they can't make it then, for lack of vocal cords or whatnot, doesn't mean they couldn't make it one day, and it seems wrong to me to deny them that chance.
I understand what you mean about the woman not being at fault, and I've given a lot of thought to that, but what about adoption? There are many deserving people who would love to be parents. That's how I look at it anyway.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 14th, 2007 at 03:02am
Santa:
I know that it's not their fault and that you didn't think so, I just mean that they all have a chance to make their own decisions one day and just because they can't make it then, for lack of vocal cords or whatnot, doesn't mean they couldn't make it one day, and it seems wrong to me to deny them that chance.
I understand what you mean about the woman not being at fault, and I've given a lot of thought to that, but what about adoption? There are many deserving people who would love to be parents. That's how I look at it anyway.
THe issue I have with adoption is that the system, in many areas, is overflowing with children. I feel like there's way too many kids, and putting more children into the system is just putting a bigger strain on it. Ideally, I'd love for adoption to replace abortion, but some women just can't carry a pregnancy to term because of various health problems, or because of their personal situation.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 14th, 2007 at 03:46am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Santa:
THe issue I have with adoption is that the system, in many areas, is overflowing with children. I feel like there's way too many kids, and putting more children into the system is just putting a bigger strain on it. Ideally, I'd love for adoption to replace abortion, but some women just can't carry a pregnancy to term because of various health problems, or because of their personal situation.

I understand that and I respect your argument, because, to be honest, I agree that there are too many kids and it's difficult to house them all. I don't know, it's one of my opinions that's open ended. I just wish we all didn't have to live with this kind of decision.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 14th, 2007 at 05:16pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

So... instead of working to improve the adoption system... we should just continue killing unborn children because thats easier? it isn't their fault the adoption system has some flaws (which tend to get exaggerated in abortion debates). Health related complications are one thing, but personal situations involving things like money are a totally different reason. Not having money doesn't affect your ability to carry a pregnancy, it affects what you do afterwards. There are financial aids to help cover doctor expences and after the baby is born there are adoption agencies. There is a chance that adoption might not work out, but does that justify taking away a developing childs right to life?

When you have sex, you accept the fact that you may become pregnant. You can use protection, take birth control, and do everything correctly, but that chance still exists. If you're not ready to accept that, then you shouldn't be having sex. Abortion is unfair and the unjustified depletion of another life purely for convenience. I agree with you, personal situations can make raising a baby very inconvienent, but so can a divorce that leaves a single mom with 3 kids and no child support. Would her personal situation justify something like abortion for the children she already had? Of course not, no one would allow children to be killed purely for convienece, however for some reasons those same morals don't apply to unborn children. The "personal situation" excuse just doesn't cut it in my opinion.
Register