Does the Media corrupt young people?

AuthorMessage
*.·°¤?What_the_fuck?¤°·.*
Geek
*.·°¤?What_the_fuck?¤°·.*
September 28th, 2005 at 09:01am
I think the media has the ability to corrupt some young people. It effects oppinions, beliefs and perspectives. For Example, someone living in a right wing catholic country is going to have different oppinions and beliefs than someone from a left wing protestant country, right? The media promotes the values of the government in power at that time, and this effects young people.
Is that a form of corruption?
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
September 28th, 2005 at 09:22am
god yes the media do. it's sad. coz they can't see through it. *sigh* and the kids that are groing up these days, are just gonna be even more screwed up.

the world is screwed. so is the music industry, when usher lettalone 50 cent is classified as RnB and simple plan as punk, you KNOW something is wrong. very wrong.

and those teeny bopper magazines just spoonfeed the teeny boppers bullshit, but they, being chump, i love that word, beleive it.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
September 28th, 2005 at 09:46am
question_everything:
god yes the media do. it's sad. coz they can't see through it. *sigh* and the kids that are groing up these days, are just gonna be even more screwed up.

the world is screwed. so is the music industry, when usher lettalone 50 cent is classified as RnB and simple plan as punk, you KNOW something is wrong. very wrong.

and those teeny bopper magazines just spoonfeed the teeny boppers bullshit, but they, being chump, i love that word, beleive it.
Agreed.

Well. Media is just shit.

I talk to people instead... 'spreading the news' lmfao
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
September 28th, 2005 at 09:47am
Gustavatron.:
question_everything:

Agreed.

Well. Medias are just shit.

I talk to people instead... 'spreading the news' lmfao
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
September 28th, 2005 at 03:14pm
xXBillieOwnsXx:
September_has_Ended:
Oh hell yes.

The media is minipulating facts. They make it out like the war is killing millions. When in all actuality we've lost around 2,000 troops.

But yet, no one has anything about the 2.5 million dying of aids every year, and the 16,500 alcohol related accidents that have killed people.

So true...=/
They only announce major terrorist attacks, when there are actually several a day...
you're a good example of being corrupted by the media
they report every person who gets a stone thrown at them in hopes you all think there's a bomb going off every second (and never twist what some one said to fit your point)
Jumpin_Jebus
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jumpin_Jebus
September 28th, 2005 at 03:54pm
Media are there to inform you of the things going on in the world. Ofcourse there not going to give you the facts there going to distort things and mention more things that will get people all emotional. The thing is people do believe it because how else are they going to know whats happening in others parts of the world? Media is relied on by so many people, no-one knows whats happening so they will believe what they read, it gives them something to talk about, people love nothing more than to pretend they no what there talking about when there reciting what they read in the paper, it gives people the illusion they know whats actually going on every step of the way and people find reassurance in that. Well thats my opinion
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
October 1st, 2005 at 03:19pm
In some cases, yes. When 12 year old girls dress in clothes that barely fit your baby sister, look like they dumped a bucket of paint on their head, and go around having sex, then yes, media does affect this. However, if a kid is deeply troubled and they happen to listen to, say, My Chemical Romance, it probably doesn't have an effect. If the kid has a problem already, media has nothing to do with it.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 1st, 2005 at 06:38pm
FateATwisted5-25-77:
In some cases, yes. When 12 year old girls dress in clothes that barely fit your baby sister, look like they dumped a bucket of paint on their head, and go around having sex, then yes, media does affect this. However, if a kid is deeply troubled and they happen to listen to, say, My Chemical Romance, it probably doesn't have an effect. If the kid has a problem already, media has nothing to do with it.

I fucking love the song in your signature.
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
October 2nd, 2005 at 07:38am
Ï think that people need to fucking open their eyes and think for themselves, before they REALLY end up brainwashed.

I'm sorry that it was so harsh, but.... Rolling Eyes That's the solution of the problem that is the easiest....
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
October 2nd, 2005 at 07:46am
yes, but i think more often than not these days people are becoming more perceptive and making more choices for themselves
still, a young person's mind is easily influenced and manipulated, it can happen
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
October 3rd, 2005 at 04:57pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
FateATwisted5-25-77:

Thankies
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 3rd, 2005 at 09:29pm
FateATwisted5-25-77:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
FateATwisted5-25-77:

Thankies
I fucking hate the song in your sig
I'm not saying it to be mean, just to say it, I'm glad you're here making actually points unlike all the people reciting Michael Moore like he's even semi-credible
Ilse
Ilse
October 4th, 2005 at 08:25pm
Hell yeah.

News tells us how awful everything is and yada yada yada, then in 5 minutes they're trying to sell us Nike Shox. It's so fucking stupid. I can't stand it anymore.
DirntyGirl101
Geek
DirntyGirl101
January 22nd, 2006 at 07:36pm
Robot:
Yes it does corrupt SOME young people....and some old people.....but there are some that it doesn't have any affect on. If you have a goal to be cool and you are stupid....then you will be corrupted a lot by it....if you don't care about that stuff though then neg. it won't.
i think so because look at the influences. especially the hip hop and rap world. all black guys basically think that you have to be all ghetto and do as many girls and hit on girls so much and disrespect them and its all apart of the influences of that world. i hate rap music and some hip hop because of the harsh lyrics. how can people listen to a song about a girl going to a candy shop and licking a lollipop i mean we all know what it means and the sad thing is little kids sing that crap. how can artists like 50 cent and lil jon and any other artist with exploitive lyrics do that. what do you guys think?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 22nd, 2006 at 08:41pm
DirntyGirl101:
Robot:
Yes it does corrupt SOME young people....and some old people.....but there are some that it doesn't have any affect on. If you have a goal to be cool and you are stupid....then you will be corrupted a lot by it....if you don't care about that stuff though then neg. it won't.
i think so because look at the influences. especially the hip hop and rap world. all black guys basically think that you have to be all ghetto and do as many girls and hit on girls so much and disrespect them and its all apart of the influences of that world. i hate rap music and some hip hop because of the harsh lyrics. how can people listen to a song about a girl going to a candy shop and licking a lollipop i mean we all know what it means and the sad thing is little kids sing that crap. how can artists like 50 cent and lil jon and any other artist with exploitive lyrics do that. what do you guys think?
I like rap and hip hop. Its fun XD
But what about trends like cutting does emo music and "the emo lifestyle" influence that?
Does music like Manson influence school shootings?
I think blaming it on songs is just a stereotype its the person who in the end will take all this seriously . Violence got more televised but you have the power to turn off your TV you dont have to watch it. This makes me think of subliminal messages :O Im just going all over the place now, i forgot my point.
car crash romance
car crash romance
January 23rd, 2006 at 05:58am
well obviously. why do all young girls want to be stick thin if its not the media?
LordsOfDogTown<5
LordsOfDogTown<5
January 24th, 2006 at 01:18am
ofcourse it does. tv is like what corrupts young peopl's minds. But i dont agree with the idea that if a kid watches something violent on tv, they grow up to be a violent person. That's where they have a choice, the good side or the bad side. I learned this in this class i took in college last summer, and i totally agree with it. Do you?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2006 at 12:56pm
LordsOfDogTown<5:
ofcourse it does. tv is like what corrupts young peopl's minds.

Sounds like someone's laying blame unfairly on television here.

We all like having a scapegoat, don't we?

The Tv is not 'corrupting' the minds of today's youth. Do you know how strictly and rigorously programmes are studied before being allowed to air?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2006 at 02:52pm
Bloodraine:
LordsOfDogTown<5:
ofcourse it does. tv is like what corrupts young peopl's minds.

Sounds like someone's laying blame unfairly on television here.

We all like having a scapegoat, don't we?

The Tv is not 'corrupting' the minds of today's youth. Do you know how strictly and rigorously programmes are studied before being allowed to air?

well you know what people say, "it's handy to have someone to blame*
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 25th, 2006 at 09:31pm
the media corrupts. PERIOD. not all media corrupts people though.
Register