Time travel

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 02:04pm
dirtyhippie:
Yeah, if the technology were available, we'd have so many time problems, it wouldn't be funny. Politicians sending bombs back in time--you know we'd try to wipe out Lenin (God rest his soul) before he'd even thought of Communism!

Exactly. Some things should be left alone. Time, history, the future, they are all things the human race shouldn't be allowed to get their filthy paws on.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
December 31st, 2005 at 06:43pm
Mike's Demonic Daunter:
poison_fish:
Mike's Demonic Daunter:
poison_fish:
Mike's Demonic Daunter:
dirtyhippie:
poison_fish:
if one could see into the future, theoretically, they could change the future, by not doing what they saw, but if they were to do that, would it still be changing the future? or would it simply be that the scene or events of the "future" they saw in the first place were incorrect?
See, the way I look at it...the future is the future. Like I said, if you see the future, then that's how it'll be. You can't change it.

At point A in time, you look into your crystal ball/time portal (or something) and see point C, a week in the future. What you see is your dog's death. If you try to stop your dog from being killed, you'll fail. Try locking it up, whatever. The future you saw is of you trying to stop it, but failing. (I think that makes sense?)
yeah same for me. its like it doesnt matter, thats where you're meant to be, so you're stuck with it.
yeah but you can still change it. like if you saw your dogs death and it got hit by a car in 5 days time then you go and chop your dogs head off with an axe the next day. then you will be changing what you saw. i mean, yes, your dog sill died, but in a different way from what you saw.
Trust me, I would NOT. Be cutting my dog's head off. I would keep her inside, only out to the backyard, where it's fenced in.

haha, yeah i know! neither would i, but im just using it as an example you know, cause i mean, if you knew your dog was gunna get hit by a car in 5 days and you kept her insode, a car could still come bashing through the wall of your house and hit it. but... yeah ya know. twas just an example.
NOO!!! don't say that... please, i love my dog.
haha, okay im sorry i wont use that example anymore.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
December 31st, 2005 at 06:55pm
Bloodraine:
I just don't see why anyone would want to mess with time. I'm happy living my life in the present, not wanting to go back or forwards in time.
because some people figure they could go back in time and change things so they live a rich and great life. not realiseing and/or caring that by doing that they could fuck up the entire system.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 11:31am
That would bring a whole new meaning to the term "you have to put the past behind you" because really, you wouldnt, people would dwell on misttakes, tamper witht the past, I just dont think its a good idea.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 2nd, 2006 at 02:20am
not possible, time is a man made. meaning that we created the 'term' time.

(dictionary.com) A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.

^^as it says 'apparently irreversible' i guess they're opening up the possibility of it actually happening...doubtful.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:35am
GreenDay420:
not possible, time is a man made. meaning that we created the 'term' time.

(dictionary.com) A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.

^^as it says 'apparently irreversible' i guess they're opening up the possibility of it actually happening...doubtful.

Surely though, if the term 'time' had not been created by humans, it would still exist in some way?.

I'm thinking here, even if we had no such thing as time, we would still age and so would the world around us?...
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 2nd, 2006 at 08:03am
But if we were to time travel, it could only be possible travelling into the future. This is only possible if we can fly around the earth 100 times a second (or something like that..) and then we would only end up a few seconds into the future... Pointless, really.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
January 2nd, 2006 at 10:49am
Our mistakes are what got us here. It's not about changing the past or the future, it's about changing the PRESENT, what you do NOW will change both your past and future.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:17am
Does anyone know any good books or websites on this subject, I never really was into it before, and I dont want to argue about something I dont understand. Reading through this thread interested me.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:37am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Does anyone know any good books or websites on this subject, I never really was into it before, and I dont want to argue about something I dont understand. Reading through this thread interested me.
There's a book and a movie that I know of called "The Time Machine" or something like that. You can also probably watch the back to the future movies lol.

It's basically some more thing on the solar system you may want to look at.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:47am
Mike's Demonic Daunter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
There's a book and a movie that I know of called "The Time Machine" or something like that. You can also probably watch the back to the future movies lol.

I have the Time Machine, isnt it by Wells? I think so, ok, I will look into thta.
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
January 2nd, 2006 at 01:56pm
I don't think that, if we could, we should travel back in time. Because even if there had been something really really bad that happened, we shouldn't change it because people will either learn from it, or it will have had some kind of effect that could be considered good, from someone's point of view....

Of course, if we could go back/forward in time, we would lol
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:05pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Mike's Demonic Daunter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

I have the Time Machine, isnt it by Wells? I think so, ok, I will look into thta.
and if you havent already, you should see the butterfly effect. and if you get the dvd watch the extras and you can see people talking and explaining it.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:40pm
poison_fish:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Mike's Demonic Daunter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

and if you havent already, you should see the butterfly effect. and if you get the dvd watch the extras and you can see people talking and explaining it.
ooh yes that too. thats a good movie
RunningAwayFromPain
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
RunningAwayFromPain
January 4th, 2006 at 12:48am
they always tell us anything is possible, but this is just nuts to think about i mean that would be crazy and cause alot of problems lets just leave reality alone for now
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 4th, 2006 at 01:02am
RunningAwayFromPain:
they always tell us anything is possible, but this is just nuts to think about i mean that would be crazy and cause alot of problems lets just leave reality alone for now
it would cause a FUCKLOAD of problems. but humans will tamper with it, given the chance. even if the majority of the world disagree with it. someone, somehow, will.
Pretty and Demented
Jackass
Pretty and Demented
January 4th, 2006 at 05:33am
Maybe they already did...how would we know?
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 5th, 2006 at 03:45am
Pretty and Demented:
Maybe they already did...how would we know?
well... we wouldnt. the only person that would ever know anything had been changed. would be the one who changed it. and those s/he told. whether they choose to believe them or not.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 5th, 2006 at 04:05am
That sounds interesting, Anything is possible so..
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 5th, 2006 at 04:27am
TreIsCool32:
That sounds interesting, Anything is possible so..
"whoever said anything is possible never tried slamming a revolving door..."
Register