Time travel

AuthorMessage
Trouble Bound Castaway
Falling In Love With The Board
Trouble Bound Castaway
January 11th, 2006 at 07:37pm
It doesn't seem Time Travel would ever be possible untill in the late future...if it ever happens. But for some odd and vague reason it did, I'd probably want to travel back in time...just to change my future...nothing TOO big though. But anyway, time-travel could be used negatively or positively...Think of this, if someone were to travel back in time say...the Revolutionary War and did something so that America lost...then that would make a HUGE difference. But if someone were to travel back in time to do something positive for a change, it could do something benefitial for whatever it was.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 14th, 2006 at 12:28pm
Mike's Lover:
dirtyhippie:
[QUOTE="MikeLover, pal, you've convinced me. I'm going to take a swim in the Bermuda Triangle and see what happens.
Shocked Whoa I never said to go take a swim there! All I'm saying is there's also been sightings of ships that have disappeared and reappeared hundreds of years later. For example there have been reported sightings of old day 16th spanish ships...Sailing from out of nowhere Shocked

Tis true, it's a pretty crazy place...don't worry, my swim isn't your fault. I read a book about it years ago and always wanted to take a swim or a plane out there.
Kitti
Kitti
January 14th, 2006 at 05:13pm
dirtyhippie:
Mike's Lover:
dirtyhippie:
[QUOTE="MikeLover, pal, you've convinced me. I'm going to take a swim in the Bermuda Triangle and see what happens.
Shocked Whoa I never said to go take a swim there! All I'm saying is there's also been sightings of ships that have disappeared and reappeared hundreds of years later. For example there have been reported sightings of old day 16th spanish ships...Sailing from out of nowhere Shocked

Tis true, it's a pretty crazy place...don't worry, my swim isn't your fault. I read a book about it years ago and always wanted to take a swim or a plane out there.

I think I read part of that. You were probably there when I got it from the library that one day...
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 16th, 2006 at 08:16pm
paradoxical:
dirtyhippie:
Mike's Lover:
dirtyhippie:

I think I read part of that. You were probably there when I got it from the library that one day...
exactly where is the Bermuda Triangle?
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 16th, 2006 at 08:23pm
Poison Fish:
paradoxical:
dirtyhippie:
Mike's Lover:
dirtyhippie:

exactly where is the Bermuda Triangle?
i found it. its massive... i thought it was little..
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
January 17th, 2006 at 09:21am
if time travel were ever to become possible, we would already know about it because there would be people from all sorts of future times coming here and showing up throughout our past.

Rolling Eyes
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 21st, 2006 at 09:18pm
Spirit Of '77:
if time travel were ever to become possible, we would already know about it because there would be people from all sorts of future times coming here and showing up throughout our past.

Rolling Eyes
you say that like its the most obvious thing in the world! but there are so many reasons wh we wouldnt know about it! 1) maybe they can only travel back in time to the point where time travel has been made possible maybe they have rules and laws about not telling us past dwellers about the whole time travel being possible. there are so many reasons why, so you shouldnt just be coming out with it cant be possible because we would know.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 21st, 2006 at 09:47pm
I think its kinda :/ I dont know how to put it.....
Like if time travel possible wouldnt we right now be in the past? So people who have time travel would be coming back here, and like changing things or not......I mean if there is time travel do something constructive with it like stop The Holocaust from happening, stop all wars from happening. I dont know :/
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
January 27th, 2006 at 01:37pm
Time travel is possible.
It is known that it occurs at quantum levels.
There are particles called positrons that are the opposite (as in charge) but identical (as in structure) to electrons. Electrons are a negative charge travelling in time towards the future. Positrons are, in essence, electrons travelling backwards in time towards the past. The net effect of both particles is that the future has a greater negative charge overall.

This is the same for all sub-atomic particles, they all have anti-particle pairs.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 26th, 2006 at 08:14pm
Robot:
I believe it is possible....I actually...believe it happens to people all the time unkowingly......in a sense.
like.......i have layed down trying to sleep......and it seems like an hour goes by in just a few seconds and i'm still awake. you know what i mean?? There are other little things like this that make it seem like we do time travel.
i think if we can purposely travel through time it will be good and bad.....depending on who is the one travelling...where they are going...what they are doign there. etc...
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 07:18pm
Have any body read the book by Orson Wells? That is brillaint and it explains time travel. But if it was possible we wouldnt know about it because the goverment would use it has a way of getting more arms from the future.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 27th, 2006 at 07:20pm
Spirit Of '77:

Rolling Eyes

lmfao agreed homie Cool
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 07:21pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Spirit Of '77:

Rolling Eyes

lmfao agreed homie Cool

no not nessicery they wouldnt be able to do anything because they wouldnt want too change history, I know because Back to the future told me. Laughing
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 27th, 2006 at 07:33pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Spirit Of '77:

Rolling Eyes

lmfao agreed homie Cool

no not nessicery they wouldnt be able to do anything because they wouldnt want too change history, I know because Back to the future told me. Laughing

Oh, of course. Cool I forgot the holy sci-fi flix, I have based 87% of my believes off of them Laughing
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
April 18th, 2006 at 10:17am
Spirit Of '77:
Sheepo@_@:
I think its kinda :/ I dont know how to put it.....
Like if time travel possible wouldnt we right now be in the past? So people who have time travel would be coming back here, and like changing things or not......I mean if there is time travel do something constructive with it like stop The Holocaust from happening, stop all wars from happening. I dont know :/

i was going to say that... if time travel were possible, lots of things about the past probably would have changed. someone from the past would have gone back and killed hitler before he came to power, someone from the future would have killed bush, etc.

Yeah, I never thought of that before.
I agree. Up
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
April 18th, 2006 at 12:14pm
I don't believe time travel is possible. It would be astonishing, though. Truly amazing.

I'm still waiting for someone to invent a teleporter. Shifty
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
April 18th, 2006 at 12:59pm
they already invented a time machine back in the 40s i believe, but it didnt work. Theyre definatly still working on it though
SARAnade
SARAnade
April 18th, 2006 at 01:47pm
i dont think it could ever happen because you cannot undo whay has been done!!
back to the future ... damn good movies though!!
Spun-out-in-my-room
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Spun-out-in-my-room
April 18th, 2006 at 09:04pm
here's the thing about time travel.

it's waay too dangerous.

going backwards or fowards (or, sideways into different timelines, and worlds) could destroy too many things. I don't fully believe in the butterfly effect, but you do, or say the wrong thing and you could alter reality. however, some people say that, it would have already been part of the time line.
A full circle, if you will.

EX A: 1900 Mary is born. 1960 mary dies.

2300 mary's great, great & so forth child (sue) invents time machine.
and travels to year, 1920, to meet her ancestor.

then then, possibly it was already planned for the final 'time line' to look like this;

1900- mary is born 1920- mary's decesndant meets mary. 1960-mary dies (possibly in a mental ward because she is crazy.) 2300- mary's descendant (sue) invents time machine to meet mary.

HOWEVER,

EX B (with using butterfly effect.)

ORIGANLLY.
1900- mary is born.
1960-mary dies
2300- SUE invents time machine and travels to 1915

thus, MARY is considered crazy by her era for claiming she can see people from the future. people think her insane, which would frustrate MARY. MARY gets put in the mental ward at age 15, and doesn't have children. Which in turn, means no desendants.

the BUTTERFLY EFFECT LINE

1900- mary is born.
1915- SUE visits mary, via time machine.
MARY, then dies WITHOUT marrying OR having children.

2300- SUE DOESNT EXIST. it's impossible because she killed her ancestor. the act of traveling BACKWARDS in time caused everything involved with her, AND MARY to be changed.
everysingle person who knew MARY OR SUE and the people they knew (and so on.) lives are CHANGED. that could (POSSIBLY) affect everyone from 1915 to 2300.

the idea would be similar to traveling FORWARD in time, but the risks become different. you couldn't kill your ancestor, but imagine what it would be like to travel to a time where you where dead...

the best soloution, i've come up with is to refrain from 'traveling' in time per se, but to have something that can show you the future or past. however, IF say, president Bush was able to see the 9/11 attacks before they happened, he could have stopped it. But can anyone really guess what would have happened? it could lead to anything. those people int the towers (good or bad) could go on to do things that would again affect the way it is now.

it's something that i've thought about MILLIONS of times. it's very frustrating, but i dont think timetraveling will ever exsist. (at least not to the public._
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
April 19th, 2006 at 09:21am
Time Travel just confuses me, what with all the different timelines that could happen at once and stuff... Confused

Argh, Spun-out-in-my-room I just read through your post and my head hurts Sad lol
Register