May 20th, 2006 at 12:42am
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
It's impossible to time travel since it's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light Rolling Eyes
Light and Time are two toally different units of measurement, who says you need to be able to go fast in order to travel in time?

Because you need to travel fast than light to travel through time, but seeing as we cannot travel faster than light because it takes an infinite amount of energy, we cannot do it. Unless we create a wormhole..

And you know this how? Have you invented a time machine that works? Maybe it has nothing to do with speed, maybe it's what direction or the temperature or which way the wind is blowing. No one knows or we would have had a time machine by now.

quote from www.howstuffworks.com - "According to Einstein's theory of special relativity, time slows as an object approaches the speed of light. This leads many scientists to believe that traveling faster than the speed of light could open up the possibility of time travel to the past as well as to the future. The problem is that the speed of light is believed to be the highest speed at which something can travel, so it is unlikely that we will be able to travel into the past. As an object nears the speed of light, its relativistic mass increases until, at the speed of light, it becomes infinite. Accelerating an infinite mass any faster than that is impossible, or at least it seems to be right now. "

However it also says it may be possible to travel into the future, but as i know only about travel back in time i will not comment as i may be wrong.
Notice it said theroy, that means they can't prove it.

Well it's just like Darwin's theory of evolution and Newtons theory of universal gravitation. We can prove them

They have proved it

In maths we learned that they got 2 swiss watches, put one in a jet and left one at the airport. The watches were set to the Exact same time. The jet took off and flew really high,really fast and really far. They got the watches and compared them. The one from the plane was slightly slower. That proves time slows the faster you go
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 12:51am
Saiyan:

They have proved it

In maths we learned that they got 2 swiss watches, put one in a jet and left one at the airport. The watches were set to the Exact same time. The jet took off and flew really high,really fast and really far. They got the watches and compared them. The one from the plane was slightly slower. That proves time slows the faster you go
Ok, thats one experiment, it is still a theroy, it hasnt been proven yet.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 12:52am
Lets say that the theory is proven someday, so what? How do we known we need to have time slow in order to travel?
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
May 20th, 2006 at 04:38am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:

They have proved it

I know its technically a theory but its true. All of the maths involved and that experiment (im sure there would have been more) pretty much back it up as fact. That being said, time travel is a pretty big stretch of the imagination.
Matty.
Matty.
May 20th, 2006 at 07:38am
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:

They have proved it

I know its technically a theory but its true. All of the maths involved and that experiment (im sure there would have been more) pretty much back it up as fact. That being said, time travel is a pretty big stretch of the imagination.

didnt mr graham tell us soemthing about how they are trying to make worm holes and things in laboratories as well or was that a different day?

Oh yea, They were making worm holes, and got so close to actully making one that they had to stop because it they actully did make one then it would have been to dangerous
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 10:39am
Saiyan:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:

They have proved it

Ok, thats still one experiment, think of all the things that coul have been wrong, and things like that have to be tested over and over again to make sure it wasnt a glitch. I'm not saying I don't think the theory is a good dea, it's brilliant, but until it is a scientific law, it isnt a valid point.Lets say that the theory is proven someday, so what? How do we known we need to have time slow in order to travel
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 21st, 2006 at 12:26pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:

They have proved it

Ok, thats still one experiment, think of all the things that coul have been wrong, and things like that have to be tested over and over again to make sure it wasnt a glitch. I'm not saying I don't think the theory is a good dea, it's brilliant, but until it is a scientific law, it isnt a valid point.Lets say that the theory is proven someday, so what? How do we known we need to have time slow in order to travel

Just because it's not a law doesn't mean it's not a valid point. There is still scientific evidence towards it that we can't ignore
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 12:30pm
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:

They have proved it

Just because it's not a law doesn't mean it's not a valid point. There is still scientific evidence towards it that we can't ignore
But it isnt a fact, meaning it may or may not be true.

How do we known we need to have time slow in order to travel through time?

I'v posted that three times now and everyone keeps ignoring it, saying the theroy is true, why do we need time to slow?
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 21st, 2006 at 05:01pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Saiyan:

They have proved it

But it isnt a fact, meaning it may or may not be true.

How do we known we need to have time slow in order to travel through time?

I'v posted that three times now and everyone keeps ignoring it, saying the theroy is true, why do we need time to slow?

The faster you travel, the slower time gets, it's a proven scientific fact. Look at the 2 Swiss watches experiment
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 06:15pm
But it isnt proven, its a theroy. You have yet to answer my question, why do we need to have time slow? What if we need time to be moving fastre than usual?
My_Knightmare
Idiot
My_Knightmare
May 22nd, 2006 at 01:14am
I have a theory...
If traveling in the past is possible, then we would already have seen someone from the future by now, either that or there following the "Don't mess with the past rule!"
but other than that...only time will tell!
Matty.
Matty.
May 22nd, 2006 at 09:49am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
But it isnt proven, its a theroy. You have yet to answer my question, why do we need to have time slow? What if we need time to be moving fastre than usual?

What if we do...whats your point?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2006 at 11:09am
Saiyan:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

What if we do...whats your point?
It was pretty obvious, try reading what I said, how do you know we need time to slow in order to travel through it. You keep bringing up this theroy for no apparent reason.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
May 22nd, 2006 at 08:20pm
It's a theory that probably is true. Or else a lot of sci-fi is'nt true, and I refuse to let THAT happen.

But we're talking about real time travel...that kind of thing is a possible jumping-off point, but it's not really time travel to the extent that we think of time travel. We think of it as stepping into a machine and moving about history, or the future. Et cetera. Not slowing down a watch from a jet.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
May 22nd, 2006 at 08:38pm
dirtyhippie:
It's a theory that probably is true. Or else a lot of sci-fi is'nt true, and I refuse to let THAT happen.

But we're talking about real time travel...that kind of thing is a possible jumping-off point, but it's not really time travel to the extent that we think of time travel. We think of it as stepping into a machine and moving about history, or the future. Et cetera. Not slowing down a watch from a jet.

Multiverses?
Quantum physics?
How much of Timeline is real science, someone needs to explain quantum physics to me...
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
May 22nd, 2006 at 08:49pm
Kitti:
dirtyhippie:

Multiverses?
Quantum physics?
How much of Timeline is real science, someone needs to explain quantum physics to me...
Besides Mikey C? C'mon, Kitti, what more could you ask for than a suspense writer to explain science to you?

I'll try sometime soon, but not now. Which officially makes this post...SPAM from Sam.
Kitti
Kitti
May 22nd, 2006 at 09:02pm
dirtyhippie:
Kitti:
dirtyhippie:

Multiverses?
Quantum physics?
Besides Mikey C? C'mon, Kitti, what more could you ask for than a suspense writer to explain science to you?

I'll try sometime soon, but not now. Which officially makes this post...SPAM from Sam.

No, I understand that. Surprisingly, as I was trying to read up on quantum computers and it went totally over my head, I don't know why the time travel stuck...
Think I'll hit Mialky up for an explanation or a thousand.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
May 23rd, 2006 at 01:23am
I_worship_tre_Cool:

because we are trying to get ahead of time. therefore it has to be slower than us, think of it as a race, time is going at a constant pace, and normally, we would be running at time's side, at the same pace, but to get to the finish first, [ie. to get to a point before time would naturally arrive there] either we would have to speed up, or time would have to slow down, if time sped up, then it would get there first. it just wouldn't work.
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
May 23rd, 2006 at 01:51am
i really don't know its something no one can be sure about so i just want to wait....and see if anyone invents it.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
June 1st, 2006 at 06:50am
I think it's possible. Either that or I'm going to waste my future fiddling about with bits of metal Retard
Register