Breastfeeding!

AuthorMessage
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 17th, 2006 at 02:33pm
Bloodraine:
wtf stfu jessay:
Yes exactly. But I mean. You can't REALLY pee in public. But I think as long as the woman isn't walking around topless or something wierd like that she should be able to feed her child.

Why is that weird?

Because weird is against what the majority do. Against normal. Normal is what the majority sees to be normal, it will change over time [oh god, here we go again].
Because the majority dont walk round topless, it would be seen as weird becasue society deems it that way.
Laurie*L.
Geek
Laurie*L.
March 17th, 2006 at 04:01pm
Well,if you don't like to see it,just turn your head.It's easy. Cool
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 17th, 2006 at 06:55pm
Fuck Off And Die!:
Magne:
Fuck Off And Die!:
Magne:
Fuck Off And Die!:
No, not in public.

well people should stop smoking in public and spitting on the street then.

If you go out do you really wanna see, some sit and breastfeeding there baby.

It`s almost not aloud to smoke anyware anymore. Sad

well actually i have breastfed in public! And its not allegal to smoke in the street yet!.

Off curse you can smoke on the street where else to do it? But you can`t do it in other places anymore. Rolling Eyes

and you cant breastfeed everywhere either.
Spike
Geek
Spike
March 18th, 2006 at 07:03pm
My sister feeds her child out in public, but she always covers herself with a blanket or a towel. It's not like that's indecent.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 18th, 2006 at 08:04pm
Spike:
My sister feeds her child out in public, but she always covers herself with a blanket or a towel. It's not like that's indecent.

thats my point aswell.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
April 15th, 2006 at 05:18pm
yes...of course they should. there's nothing wrong with it.
Nerdosaurus
Nerdosaurus
April 22nd, 2006 at 10:03am
Breastfeeding is probly the most natural thing that come's with having the child if a mother want's to feed her child in public I have no problem with that. On the other hand some people want to make it so the mother's have to be kept away while feeding their child which i find good aswell because you dont want to be feeding your child with someone looking at you I think it should be the mother's choice not the law.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
April 22nd, 2006 at 01:35pm
I think the mother should decide. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable breastfeeding in a public place, but that's just me. Yes, there are 'pervs' around, and yeah, some people might be offended [though that is pretty strange], but as you've all said, it's nature. The baby needs feeding. So it should be up to the mother.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 23rd, 2006 at 05:15am
Waiting <3:
I think the mother should decide. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable breastfeeding in a public place, but that's just me. Yes, there are 'pervs' around, and yeah, some people might be offended [though that is pretty strange], but as you've all said, it's nature. The baby needs feeding. So it should be up to the mother.

i breastfed in public all the time and it didnt bother me the looks i was getting i just tell them to take a picture, i was discrete and nobody saw anything that i didnt want them to.
[IVK]KillHannahrocks[BGTA
Geek
[IVK]KillHannahrocks[BGTA
April 23rd, 2006 at 02:53pm
yes because everyy woman has her rights no matter what BYE Yawn Off topic Dno Petra Pwned
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 23rd, 2006 at 03:30pm
StickyNotesAndSharpies:
yes because everyy woman has her rights no matter what BYE Yawn Off topic Dno Petra Pwned

lmfao
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 23rd, 2006 at 06:51pm
It is a natural thing, and if the lady needs to do it then she should.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 6th, 2006 at 09:49am
I personally won't breastfeed.

But I think a woman should be able too in public. But I think it would be best if she did it discreetly.

I remember the guys who hosted a show on a local radio station were talking about this and they said if a woman should be able to breastfeed in public men should be able to pee in public.

And I tried to call for ages to tell them at least we know where the breast milk is going.

Unfortunately, the line was busy.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2006 at 11:09am
druscilla_armstrong:
I personally won't breastfeed.

But I think a woman should be able too in public. But I think it would be best if she did it discreetly.

I remember the guys who hosted a show on a local radio station were talking about this and they said if a woman should be able to breastfeed in public men should be able to pee in public.

And I tried to call for ages to tell them at least we know where the breast milk is going.

Unfortunately, the line was busy.
Breastfeeding in public is a little different than doing it in the privacy of your own home. There is nothing wrong with it, but in public, some people may have issues.
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
May 8th, 2006 at 05:19am
Without meaning to appear patronising it's not until you have kids that you can fully appreciate just how difficult it can be (I never realised this myself until I had my own child). Like some of you I used to think it was something that people did but something I didn't particularly need to see.

I know that breast feeding can gross people out or be seen as an invitation to some leery old perv but what would you do if your kid was screaming blue murder cos they were hungry? Which is worse a screaming child - with all the looks that go with it or to discreetly feed your child - again with all the looks that go with it. Seems to me that know matter what you do or don't do you're going to be in the wrong.

I take the point of expressing milk into a bottle but some babies just won't take a bottle (I know).

There are some women out there who perhaps enjoy drawing attention to the fact they're a breast feeding mother but, for the most part, I think most mothers try to be discreet and where possible go somewhere that won't draw attention.

There are an appalling lack of facilities for feeding mums and if public places such as restaurants, parks etc are going to take a dim view of it then they should provide somewhere - and I don't mean the toilet - that's just too disgusting - I mean would you go and eat your dinner in the loo!

Well that's me on the subject.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 8th, 2006 at 06:08am
cc:
Without meaning to appear patronising it's not until you have kids that you can fully appreciate just how difficult it can be (I never realised this myself until I had my own child). Like some of you I used to think it was something that people did but something I didn't particularly need to see.

I know that breast feeding can gross people out or be seen as an invitation to some leery old perv but what would you do if your kid was screaming blue murder cos they were hungry? Which is worse a screaming child - with all the looks that go with it or to discreetly feed your child - again with all the looks that go with it. Seems to me that know matter what you do or don't do you're going to be in the wrong.

I take the point of expressing milk into a bottle but some babies just won't take a bottle (I know).

There are some women out there who perhaps enjoy drawing attention to the fact they're a breast feeding mother but, for the most part, I think most mothers try to be discreet and where possible go somewhere that won't draw attention.

There are an appalling lack of facilities for feeding mums and if public places such as restaurants, parks etc are going to take a dim view of it then they should provide somewhere - and I don't mean the toilet - that's just too disgusting - I mean would you go and eat your dinner in the loo!

Well that's me on the subject.

here here!! Clap i knwo from expierience that some children wont take mile from a bottle even if it is breast milk.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 11th, 2006 at 10:39am
I think breast feeding is a natural thing to do, i dont think that i will do it myself but, i dont think that a woman should be judged for tending to her babies needs in a public place, what would people rather her do, ignore it?
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 11th, 2006 at 11:12am
I think people are too easily offended nowadays. Women should be able to breastfeed in public
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 11th, 2006 at 03:37pm
Fuck_America:
I think people are too easily offended nowadays. Women should be able to breastfeed in public

Clap Clap Clap Clap
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 11th, 2006 at 03:40pm
Magne:
Fuck_America:

Clap Clap Clap Clap

*bows*
Register