June 28th, 2007 at 10:42pm
Oh, I see.
That actually makes sense.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 29th, 2007 at 06:11am
Skatanic.:
The American covers are just.. weird-looking. What the hell is the significance of changing 'philosopher' to 'sorcerer'? 'neighbour' to 'neighbor' I can understand, but is there no 'philosopher' in the American English language? D:

"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have." lmfao *read it last night*

Why does neighbour to neighor make sense?

It's skipping out a letter, it's like shortening hello to hell.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 11:20am
Flaming Phalanges!:

American and Britons have a different spelling for the word. Like 'colour/color' and 'favourite/favorite' and 'humour/humor'.

Do Americans seriously not like u's, cause it seems to be your favourite letter to randomly chuck out of words.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 29th, 2007 at 04:41pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Skatanic.:
The American covers are just.. weird-looking. What the hell is the significance of changing 'philosopher' to 'sorcerer'? 'neighbour' to 'neighbor' I can understand, but is there no 'philosopher' in the American English language? D:

"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have." lmfao *read it last night*

Well, I meant in that context. There's no such word as 'neighbour' in the American English language. That itself doesn't make sense, but if that's the way it is, it makes sense to change the words.. I guess.. it's stupid, but it makes sense.
I just didn't understand why they'd change a word that was in their obscure little language.

I think they're just trying to be different, with their Imperial system and u-vendetta (too brilliant of a phrase). File
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 30th, 2007 at 07:22am
Skatanic.:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Skatanic.:

Well, I meant in that context. There's no such word as 'neighbour' in the American English language. That itself doesn't make sense, but if that's the way it is, it makes sense to change the words.. I guess.. it's stupid, but it makes sense.
I just didn't understand why they'd change a word that was in their obscure little language.

I think they're just trying to be different, with their Imperial system and u-vendetta (too brilliant of a phrase). File

You can't just pick and choose from a language.

It's like saying bonjour je am vraiment prejudiced...evidement.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
June 30th, 2007 at 01:33pm
Perhaps we should go back to quotes instead of bashing Webster's Dictionary.

"Maybe he murdered Myrtle. That would have done everyone a favor."
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 30th, 2007 at 02:53pm
*shrug* I'm not American, nor do I support their own little language.

something along the lines of;
"How long have you been 'Big D', then? Cool name, but you'll always be Ickle Diddykins to me." tehe
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
July 1st, 2007 at 01:01am
Skatanic.:
*shrug* I'm not American, nor do I support their own little language.

something along the lines of;
"How long have you been 'Big D', then? Cool name, but you'll always be Ickle Diddykins to me." tehe

lolol I love that whole scene
Isaac Clarke
King For A Couple Of Days
Isaac Clarke
July 6th, 2007 at 06:04am
"You two," she went on, gazing down at Fred and George, "are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."
"You know what?" said Fred. "I don't think we are." He turned to his twin. "George," said Fred, "I think we've outgrown a full-time education."
"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," said George lightly.
"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.
"Definitely," said George. And before Umbridge could say a word, they raised their wants and said together, "Accio Brooms!"
Harry heard a loud crash somewhere in the distance. Looking to his left he ducked just in time -- Fred and George's broomsticks, one still trailing the heavy chain and iron peg with which Umbridge had fastened them to the wall, were hurtling along the corridor toward their owners. They turned left, streaked down the stairs, and stopped sharply in front of the twins, the chain clattering loudly on the flagged stone floor. "We won't be seeing you," Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over his broomstick.
"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," said George, mounting his own. Fred looked around at the assembled students and at the silent, watchful crowd.
"If anybody fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three Diagon Alley -- Weasley's Wizard Wheezes," he said in a loud voice. "Our new premises!"
"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," said George, pointing at Professor Umbridge. "STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late. As the Inquisitorial Squad closed in, Fred and George kicked off from the floor, shooting fifteen feet into the air, the iron peg swinging dangerously below. Fred looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd.
"Give her hell from us, Peeves." And Peeves, whom Harry had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.

Not so much a quote as it is a whole part. Haha.
But, yeah, it makes me smile whenever I read it.
I put it on my myspace in a scrollbox. Shifty
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
July 6th, 2007 at 06:54am
I remember cheering the first time i read that. Shifty
Isaac Clarke
Isaac Clarke
July 6th, 2007 at 06:58am
NeoSteph:

I did as well.
Funny what a feeling I get from a book. ^_^
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 6th, 2007 at 10:43am
Heather?:
"You two," she went on, gazing down at Fred and George, "are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."
"You know what?" said Fred. "I don't think we are." He turned to his twin. "George," said Fred, "I think we've outgrown a full-time education."
"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," said George lightly.
"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.
"Definitely," said George. And before Umbridge could say a word, they raised their wants and said together, "Accio Brooms!"
Harry heard a loud crash somewhere in the distance. Looking to his left he ducked just in time -- Fred and George's broomsticks, one still trailing the heavy chain and iron peg with which Umbridge had fastened them to the wall, were hurtling along the corridor toward their owners. They turned left, streaked down the stairs, and stopped sharply in front of the twins, the chain clattering loudly on the flagged stone floor. "We won't be seeing you," Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over his broomstick.
"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," said George, mounting his own. Fred looked around at the assembled students and at the silent, watchful crowd.
"If anybody fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three Diagon Alley -- Weasley's Wizard Wheezes," he said in a loud voice. "Our new premises!"
"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," said George, pointing at Professor Umbridge. "STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late. As the Inquisitorial Squad closed in, Fred and George kicked off from the floor, shooting fifteen feet into the air, the iron peg swinging dangerously below. Fred looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd.
"Give her hell from us, Peeves." And Peeves, whom Harry had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.

Not so much a quote as it is a whole part. Haha.
But, yeah, it makes me smile whenever I read it.
I put it on my myspace in a scrollbox. Shifty
MY FAVORITE. MY TWINS. MY PERFECT. I nearly cried when I read that. Perfectly ace. ^_^
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 6th, 2007 at 04:35pm
Heather?:
NeoSteph:

I did as well.
It's that witch J.K. Rowling, magically enchanting us with her stories. Damn, she's good. I remember possibly crying in happiness. At least I'm pretty sure it was that part.
Isaac Clarke
Isaac Clarke
July 6th, 2007 at 10:00pm
Anji:
Heather?:
NeoSteph:

I did as well.
It's that witch J.K. Rowling, magically enchanting us with her stories. Damn, she's good. I remember possibly crying in happiness. At least I'm pretty sure it was that part.

I'm probably going to squeal and/or clap in the movie theatre when that part comes along. Shifty

"You know your mother, Malfoy? The expression on her face - like she's got dung under her nose? Is she like that all the time or just because you were with her?"
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
July 7th, 2007 at 03:30am
Hahaha April, everyone's all like "Oh yeah, I cheered when that happened that was brilliant" and there you are saying you almost cried, hahahaha.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 04:32pm
"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure."

Im remembering all the osm things Snape said.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 04:36pm
In loving memory of Severus, Snivellus Snape.

R.I.P Dude
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 23rd, 2007 at 05:49pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Hahaha April, everyone's all like "Oh yeah, I cheered when that happened that was brilliant" and there you are saying you almost cried, hahahaha.
It was truely beautiful Con
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
July 23rd, 2007 at 05:53pm
My favourite from the book!

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but the fact remains that he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to"
Fred Weasley
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
July 23rd, 2007 at 05:54pm
Meski:
My favourite from the book!

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but the fact remains that he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to"
Fred Weasley
you know what chapter was that in? Was it when you know the person got a whole in his head? cause I speed read the chapter cause I was worried about Fred.
Register