Animal abuse

AuthorMessage
Sunsh!ne.
Geek
Sunsh!ne.
December 1st, 2006 at 03:41pm
Animal testing is WRONG! Those are some pretty sad pictures. It makes me sick.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 1st, 2006 at 03:45pm
Emma.:
Why did you show those fucking pictures?
Tears came to my eyes..
I hate animal cruelty SO much...

There is a better way.
If you want your product to get out so much, test it on yourself!

Would you rather kill an innocent animal with YOUR creation? I know, people aren't going to start testing it on themselves but I'd rather they did [just my opinion] instead of hurting animals.

It's so fucking horrible.

Excuse my language.

i could not live with myself if I hurt an animal. I still feel bad for a week ago when I was playing dodgeball and I hit my boyfriend with a soccer ball by accident. I feel bad still. imagine me killing something?...

If you're so high up on the moral highground, then how do you feel about all the suffering caused by disease?
Screaming. Crying out in your sleep. Pain beyond pain. Most people beg for death before the end.

Thats okay with you?

Then again, not hitting people with soccer balls is a much higher priority.
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
December 1st, 2006 at 04:04pm
i think it's wrong to wear fur or leather
i don't even buy faux fur because i don't trust the lables
i could be fucking dog for all i know
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 1st, 2006 at 04:05pm
punkgrl171:

Then learn to tell the difference Dno
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
December 1st, 2006 at 08:50pm
Bloodraine:
punkgrl171:

Then learn to tell the difference Dno
it's kind of hard because they say it's fake.. it's really hard to tell the difference. if you know how to please tell me
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 2nd, 2006 at 05:15am
punkgrl171:
it's kind of hard because they say it's fake.. it's really hard to tell the difference. if you know how to please tell me

Ok.. I can give you some tips.
First of all, feel it. If it feels super fine and really soft, and the garment is also cheap, then theres a good chance its Chinese Rabbit. Generally, Faux fur isn't really soft.
Obviously, check the price, but thats not such a good indicator.
You can try smelling it too. Faux is odorless, but real fur will smell of something.
If you really can't tell, buy it anyway and take it home. Get some nail scissors and cut a few strands off and try burning it. Faux will just burn and melt into a ball and will smell like burned plastic, but real fur will burn into ash and smell like burnt human hair. You can always return it if you find its real fur.
Check the lining, if you can- fake fur lining looks like this:
Notice that its obviously machine made. Real fur lining looks and feels like suede and is often hand stitched together. There are also often 2 linings on a real fur coat.

I hope those help. xD
Barbie World
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Barbie World
December 6th, 2006 at 10:53pm
animals are stupid and PETA prevents me from wearing my new fur coat.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 6th, 2006 at 10:55pm
dont_bother666:

So, you mindlessly conform to everything PETA tells you? Thats... pretty sad, kid.

And, animals are not stupid, I assure you. The world you live in would be nothing like it is now without animals. You might like to think before you make posts... it helps sometimes. Wink
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 7th, 2006 at 02:41am
dont_bother666:

Then you shouldn't have bought it!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 27th, 2007 at 11:24pm
This thread seems similar to alot of other animal threads we have. We have an animal testing thread, and one for defining the difference between animal discipline and abuse. There are so many other topics to debate, and I think they are all important.

In Indonesia, the Asiatic Elephant's can prove to be a major pest sometimes. With agricultural areas literally touching the rainforest, people and elephants meet up frequently. Elephants and people have developed a unquie relationship there. Elephants, obviously with their massive size and intelligence can be potentially dangerous. They can also be very helpful.

Elephants that are pests in the wild are often taken into training facilities where they develop bonds with a specific human who they'll spend the rest of their (long) life with, working to help people, and not create conflicts between them. These animals are not totally domesticated. They are still in their natural environment. They are just not destroying crops, which prevents people from dealing with crop destruction violently. They recieve care and treatment, and elephants are very smart creatures, they like learning. I was watching the Jeff Corwin experience and he was at one of the training areas and he got to feed them bananas Fizz

These animals can be used to transport people through the jungle, help irrigate fields, move timber or nothing. They're just semi-domesticated so that they can be kept out of crops. Other less developed villages located in the middle of the rainforest use elephants to help them move timber alot. Now, think about this, elephants can move things like that almost effortlessly. People can't. If elephants weren't doing this, the area would need to be industrialized and have roads built just so that one small village can function. Elephants don't pollute the environment like cars do. It doesn't hurt them. So, it not only helps the environment, but it helps these animals from being harmed by farmers. The people and nature have developed a healthy relationship. Yet so many animal rights activist groups target this as abuse, and I just want to smack them. What would be best? Leaving the animals alone in the wild, obviously. But that isn't going to happen. They aren't harmed in any way, and it prevents them from being killed. If programs like these weren't established, farmers and villagers would take controlling the elephants into their own hands, and it would hurt the elephant population.

As I stated, I don't consider that abuse, how do others feel?
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 28th, 2007 at 10:48am
Just Lies.:
i dont understand that want to wear a dead animal. Its horrible ;_;
You could say that by wearing cotton you're wearing a dead plant Coffee
Apart from fashion, fur gives great insulation in cold temperatures - more so than many layers of normal man-made material.

I don't have really anything against fur or leather a long as the animal wasn't put through needless pain to get it. Of course you cannot prove something like that and I understand how people can feel so strongly against it. I dread to think how many cows went into our leather sofa...
Likewise, I think animal testing can be acceptable for medicine (I'm not sure if I actually support it though... if that makes sense)

To Kurtni's post. ^ I do not consider that abuse. Animals have worked alongside people for thousands of years, they can even develop a relationship over time. Both parties are benifiting, as well as the enviroment.

One thing I do oppose however, and sincerely hope more people take notice of, is animal racing - particularly with horses.
Many horses are specifically bred to race, and are forced to train from a very young age - when their bones and muscles are not yet fully developed. Training methods are often cruel, such as whipping. The huge strain they are put through in races damages their body and many owners choose euthanasia over vets bills when the horse cannot compete any more.

A British Animal Aid study showed that 375 horses in the UK are raced to death every year and hundreds are are severely injured.
The animals themselves often live in cramped conditions and have to travel around the world to compete. Successful stallions are forced to breed and females are drugged to speed up the reproductive process.

Some more information:
Animal Aid campaign against horse racing
Facts and Figures

I feel particularly strongly about this because it is completely unecessary - just a way for people to make money and enjoy themselves. The case against bull-fighting and greyhound-racing is very similar.
What do you think: a harmless tradition, or cruel amusement?
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 28th, 2007 at 10:51am
I personally hate animal abuse.
I think spraying animals with a spray bottle when they misbehave is good. It teaches them that they're bad, but it doesn't physically hurt them.
My dad picked our cat up and threw it against the wall once when it attacked my stepmother. It never attacked her again, but he could have killed her. X_X
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 10:59am
Kurtni:
This thread seems similar to alot of other animal threads we have. We have an animal testing thread, and one for defining the difference between animal discipline and abuse. There are so many other topics to debate, and I think they are all important.

In Indonesia, the Asiatic Elephant's can prove to be a major pest sometimes. With agricultural areas literally touching the rainforest, people and elephants meet up frequently. Elephants and people have developed a unquie relationship there. Elephants, obviously with their massive size and intelligence can be potentially dangerous. They can also be very helpful.

Elephants that are pests in the wild are often taken into training facilities where they develop bonds with a specific human who they'll spend the rest of their (long) life with, working to help people, and not create conflicts between them. These animals are not totally domesticated. They are still in their natural environment. They are just not destroying crops, which prevents people from dealing with crop destruction violently. They recieve care and treatment, and elephants are very smart creatures, they like learning. I was watching the Jeff Corwin experience and he was at one of the training areas and he got to feed them bananas Fizz

These animals can be used to transport people through the jungle, help irrigate fields, move timber or nothing. They're just semi-domesticated so that they can be kept out of crops. Other less developed villages located in the middle of the rainforest use elephants to help them move timber alot. Now, think about this, elephants can move things like that almost effortlessly. People can't. If elephants weren't doing this, the area would need to be industrialized and have roads built just so that one small village can function. Elephants don't pollute the environment like cars do. It doesn't hurt them. So, it not only helps the environment, but it helps these animals from being harmed by farmers. The people and nature have developed a healthy relationship. Yet so many animal rights activist groups target this as abuse, and I just want to smack them. What would be best? Leaving the animals alone in the wild, obviously. But that isn't going to happen. They aren't harmed in any way, and it prevents them from being killed. If programs like these weren't established, farmers and villagers would take controlling the elephants into their own hands, and it would hurt the elephant population.

When I lived in Indonesia, my school was right nest the the rain forest as well. There are a lot of pesky forest animals, I remember when my family was strolling by the forest and a bunch of munkeys started running towards us and one bit my sister. These were wild ones, though quite a few are being domesticated. They are very helpful and are treated very humanly. In Thailand, buffalos are used for agriculture and it is a lot more enviromentally friendly than tractors. Also by living with farmers, they are guarenteed food and shelter where as in the wild, they would be hunted for meat. At least the majority of wild buffalo are living in national parks otherwise they'd be living around humans where they could easily be used for food.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 11:00am
druscilla; in rags:
I think spraying animals with a spray bottle when they misbehave is good. It teaches them that they're bad, but it doesn't physically hurt them.
My dad picked our cat up and threw it against the wall once when it attacked my stepmother. It never attacked her again, but he could have killed her. X_X
If I sprayed my dogs, they'd just think that it was time for a shower.
Vanity
Vanity
April 28th, 2007 at 11:34pm
druscilla; in rags:

O_O

That's horrible. One of my cats' former owner did that to her when she was a kitten. She has a fear of men now because of him.
That kind of treatment is completely unnecessary to me. I agree with you on the water spraying method. It's completely harmless, and totally effective.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 29th, 2007 at 01:11am
My fiance's family spray their dogs with a water bottle when they won't stop barking.
Usually when the dogs see the bottle they immediately stop.
Both of their dogs were abused and neglected before they got them, so they don't even yell at them.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 01:30am
druscilla; in rags:
My fiance's family spray their dogs with a water bottle when they won't stop barking.
Both of their dogs were abused and neglected before they got them, so they don't even yell at them.

I don't think water would do anything to my dogs XD But I don't hit them either, there is all kinds of things you can do. Thats awesome that they adopted abused animals!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 03:32am
Kurtni:
druscilla; in rags:

I don't think water would do anything to my dogs XD But I don't hit them either, there is all kinds of things you can do. Thats awesome that they adopted abused animals!
I adopt half dead ones. Laughing Most are abused though. I took in three puppies once, and when I brought them back home, they ran straight into a corner under a chair with their tails between their legs. Everytime I tried coming close, they shook so much with fear. It took maybe two months for them to trust me. Unfortunatly they never really trusted anyone else who wanted to adpot them. So I took them to the country so they could live with a few friends out in the open feilds. I just thought they'd like to be left alone.

I volenteer at a street dog rescue centre in my spare time. Mostly because street dogs here number in the hundreds of thousands and so many are abused, sick, helpless, diseased, dying, and need help. The stories you hear there of survival and adoption and hope are so unbelievably touching. Like my new favourite dog, Scratch, which I just sposered for his hospital bills, he was absolutely covered in mange when he came in. I saw him on his first day, dirty, scruffy, bleeding, itchy, filthy, everything. It was so sad and yet when I was playing with him, he was wagging his tail the entire time. He was just so happy and full of hope. That was a month ago and now he is almost recovered. He has beautiful black hair that I would've never guessed when he first came in. He's still a bit skinny, but his recovery is coming along remarkably well.
Vanity
Vanity
April 30th, 2007 at 02:00am
Kurtni:
[paragraphs]

I've seen a lot of little documentaries on those kind of elephant-rescue-but-not-really-programs. I think they are a wonderful thing. Human and nature are both benefiting, so what could those protesters have such a problem with?
I'd like to see some proof that there is abuse in those kind of elephant sanctuary places. Because without it, those protesters just come off as crazies to me. Why would they try to stop a good thing?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 11:29am
Anji:
I volenteer at a street dog rescue centre in my spare time. Mostly because street dogs here number in the hundreds of thousands and so many are abused, sick, helpless, diseased, dying, and need help. The stories you hear there of survival and adoption and hope are so unbelievably touching. Like my new favourite dog, Scratch, which I just sposered for his hospital bills, he was absolutely covered in mange when he came in. I saw him on his first day, dirty, scruffy, bleeding, itchy, filthy, everything. It was so sad and yet when I was playing with him, he was wagging his tail the entire time. He was just so happy and full of hope. That was a month ago and now he is almost recovered. He has beautiful black hair that I would've never guessed when he first came in. He's still a bit skinny, but his recovery is coming along remarkably well.
Today one of the dogs bit me. Confused Usually that one is good tempered with me but today when I got out of my car and when I was walking, it bit my thigh.
Register