AuthorMessage
Jello Biafra.
Falling In Love With The Board
Jello Biafra.

Blog
February 15th, 2009 at 10:28am
Bleach:
Jello Biafra.:
Well, this is aggravating, we have a new group of hardcore PETA supporters in my town. No
They called me and my friends disgusting because we were eating at Wendy's and they were staging some kind of protest, so I yelled at them for killing plants. Coolio (no offence meant to vegetarians, I just wanted a comeback)

But seriously, some people are completely ignorant about meat eaters, it's like stfu I'm eating a hamburger, I'm not kicking puppies in front of trains or anything.
so puppies deserve more respect then a cow? or pig?
YOU may not be directly harming the animal and putting them into unimagineable conditions, but you're supporting it.

Unless you eat organic/hunt Dance

See, I don't see how I'm supporting it. I get, I'm eating meat it, but that doesn't mean I'm supporting the way some of those animals are being treated, it just means I'm eating meat. And tbh, I would never become vegetarian, but I'm 100% against animal abuse.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 15th, 2009 at 10:56am
Jello Biafra.:
Bleach:
Jello Biafra.:
Well, this is aggravating, we have a new group of hardcore PETA supporters in my town. No
They called me and my friends disgusting because we were eating at Wendy's and they were staging some kind of protest, so I yelled at them for killing plants. Coolio (no offence meant to vegetarians, I just wanted a comeback)

But seriously, some people are completely ignorant about meat eaters, it's like stfu I'm eating a hamburger, I'm not kicking puppies in front of trains or anything.
YOU may not be directly harming the animal and putting them into unimagineable conditions, but you're supporting it.

See, I don't see how I'm supporting it. I get, I'm eating meat it, but that doesn't mean I'm supporting the way some of those animals are being treated, it just means I'm eating meat. And tbh, I would never become vegetarian, but I'm 100% against animal abuse.
I'm not a vegetarian either, but if you buy the meat of animals that have been abused, then you (and me too actually) are supporting it by giving the people who abuse the animals money, allowing them to keep on doing it.
Jello Biafra.
Falling In Love With The Board
Jello Biafra.

Blog
February 15th, 2009 at 11:14am
ocean avenue:
Jello Biafra.:
Bleach:
Jello Biafra.:

I'm not a vegetarian either, but if you buy the meat of animals that have been abused, then you (and me too actually) are supporting it by giving the people who abuse the animals money, allowing them to keep on doing it.

But how do we know that the animals were abused to begin with?
And besides, I live with a single parent, and to have to make him buy me vegetarian/organic food every time he goes shopping is out of the ordinary for me.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 15th, 2009 at 06:14pm
Jello Biafra.:
ocean avenue:
Jello Biafra.:
Bleach:
Jello Biafra.:

But how do we know that the animals were abused to begin with?
And besides, I live with a single parent, and to have to make him buy me vegetarian/organic food every time he goes shopping is out of the ordinary for me.
because it costs way too much money to treat them fairly. they owners dont care about the animals, just their money.

and I don't buy vegetairan food just because I'm a vegetarian. I just cut meat out of my diet. thus, it is cheaper, actually.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 15th, 2009 at 06:16pm
also there is thorough evidence that the animals are in unspeakable conditions, unless they are trying to meet a certain standard (aka USDA organic)
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
February 16th, 2009 at 01:23am
This is just what I think, but it kind of feels like we were put on this planet to eat meat. I mean, like a food chain. Zebra kills plants or whatever they eat to survive right ? Lion kills zebra and eats so it can survive right ? Also, didn't red meat get humans to where we are ? Don't we function better with it ? I don't know whether the two theorys of evolution and creation effects that, but if you're talking about evolution we developed as we ate red meat right ?

Unless you have a special medical condition where it is difficult to get around eating meat because your body reacts badly to something in it then I think it's fine to go off it if you are eating substitutes for meat. For me atleast, meat is an essential part of my diet. To just cut that out will unbalance my diet pretty bad.

Oh and on animal cruelty, thats a bit too over the top and it's like animals should be treated like fucking royalty to you people Hand
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
February 16th, 2009 at 05:03am
Seven Nation Army:
This is just what I think, but it kind of feels like we were put on this planet to eat meat. I mean, like a food chain. Zebra kills plants or whatever they eat to survive right ? Lion kills zebra and eats so it can survive right ? Also, didn't red meat get humans to where we are ? Don't we function better with it ? I don't know whether the two theorys of evolution and creation effects that, but if you're talking about evolution we developed as we ate red meat right ?

Unless you have a special medical condition where it is difficult to get around eating meat because your body reacts badly to something in it then I think it's fine to go off it if you are eating substitutes for meat. For me atleast, meat is an essential part of my diet. To just cut that out will unbalance my diet pretty bad.

Oh and on animal cruelty, thats a bit too over the top and it's like animals should be treated like fucking royalty to you people Hand

Okay, firstly. We were not 'put' on this planet. We evolved from a common ape ancestor. Some apes are herbivores.

Secondly, lions and zebras don't have a choice of what they eat. They don't have the ability to reason, or be compassionate. As for the 'food chain'. Why are we more important than other animals? Just because we have a bigger brain? We should be using that brain to help those who can't help themselves, instead of using it to get as much as we can from animals for our own ends, as cheaply (and therefore cruelly) as possible.

Seven Nation Army:
Also, didn't red meat get humans to where we are ? Don't we function better with it ? I don't know whether the two theorys of evolution and creation effects that, but if you're talking about evolution we developed as we ate red meat right ?
No, we didn't get to where we are today by eating red meat. I think the opposable more thumb and walking upright may have helped more in that field. There is no evidence that we function better with it, as the same nutrients can be found in other foods. We do not NEED red meat. If anything we function better WITHOUT it, as meat takes a looooooooooooong time to digest, can get stuck in the colon for years, is associated with high blood pressure, choloesterol, levels of saturated fats, etc. etc.

Maybe back in the day, humans HAD to eat meat, when they had no other choice, I'm not an anthropologist, I couldn't tell you, but our survival nowadays certainly doesn't depend on it, and now is it in any way linked with evolution, except perhaps for the fact that it was available in hard times, when nothing else was, but the same could be said for plants.

Seven Nation Army:
For me atleast, meat is an essential part of my diet. To just cut that out will unbalance my diet pretty bad.[/font][/size]

If you cut meat out of your diet, you can substitute it for other things, but there is a little effort involved, yes, you don't just STOP eating a large percentage of food and not replace it with anything, that's just .. ridiculous.

We are not saying that animals should be treated like royalty, only that humans should not subject them to torture, pain, fear, boredom, hunger, depression, etc. What gives us the right to make other living beings suffer? Nothing. Its inexcusable.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2009 at 07:40am
Mm! Sweet Nectar.:
If anything we function better WITHOUT it, as meat takes a looooooooooooong time to digest, can get stuck in the colon for years, is associated with high blood pressure, choloesterol, levels of saturated fats, etc. etc.

What if a person doesn't have a colon?
Surely it can't get stuck in them.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 16th, 2009 at 08:35am
Seven Nation Army:
[font=5][size=90] Oh and on animal cruelty, thats a bit too over the top and it's like animals should be treated like fucking royalty to you people Hand
no, it's not over the top at all. They're living creatures! They feel just as much pain, comfort, and fear as we do. Just because we can control them like this doesn't mean we should, at all.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 16th, 2009 at 08:38am
Bloodraine:
Mm! Sweet Nectar.:
If anything we function better WITHOUT it, as meat takes a looooooooooooong time to digest, can get stuck in the colon for years, is associated with high blood pressure, choloesterol, levels of saturated fats, etc. etc.

I've never heard of it getting stuck in the colon for years. But eating alot of meat is so badfor your colon.. the meat starts to rot, which can lead to colon cancer
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
February 16th, 2009 at 08:45am
Bleach:
Bloodraine:
Mm! Sweet Nectar.:

I've never heard of it getting stuck in the colon for years. But eating alot of meat is so badfor your colon.. the meat starts to rot, which can lead to colon cancer
Apparently little bits can get wedged in the crevasses, according to 'The Idiot's Guide to being a Veggie'.. Tasty.

As for not having a colon.. well, it's a big step to take just to eat meat! XD

But seriously. No colon = no emm.. meat poos. Dude.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2009 at 11:05am
Frodo Baggins:
Apparently little bits can get wedged in the crevasses, according to 'The Idiot's Guide to being a Veggie'.. Tasty.

As for not having a colon.. well, it's a big step to take just to eat meat! XD

I know - I mean, people have their colons removed due to serious bowel diseases, not dietary reasons. I was just making a point xD

I don't get the last bit though Coolio

Bleach:
But eating alot of meat is so badfor your colon.. the meat starts to rot, which can lead to colon cancer

But what if somebody has no colon to begin with?
That risk doesn't apply to them. Of course, it's not a normal thing, but still.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
February 16th, 2009 at 01:28pm
Bloodraine:
Frodo Baggins:

I know - I mean, people have their colons removed due to serious bowel diseases, not dietary reasons. I was just making a point xD

Just generally - no colon, no poo. xD

Its more like liquified stomach juices, since it doesn't have time to go through the normal filtering processes of the intestines..
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 16th, 2009 at 02:44pm
Oh right. I get it Con
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 16th, 2009 at 03:38pm
Frodo Baggins:
Bloodraine:
Frodo Baggins:

Just generally - no colon, no poo. xD

Its more like liquified stomach juices, since it doesn't have time to go through the normal filtering processes of the intestines..
as far as I'm concerned, the colon is only responsible for absorbing the water in the poo. It's still brown and stuff.

omg why are we talking about poo xD
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
February 19th, 2009 at 10:31am
Seven Nation Army:
[font=5][size=90] Oh and on animal cruelty, thats a bit too over the top and it's like animals should be treated like fucking royalty to you people Hand

We're animals as well!
I'm an active member of PETA and you're all making out that we're all compleat nutjobs! So yeh, we can take it too far sometimes but that's what a protest is, it's purpose is to be horrificly over the top to grab peoples attention, war protest anyone? I don't see a mass of people complaining about those. If it's what you believe in them you should have the freedom to express it.

FYI most of the protests arn't about the actual eating of the animals but how they are killed, in horrible ways! Not all meat is perpared this way and for that I'm greatful but by 'screaming' at passing protests is basically 'stooping to their level'. Even though I compleatly agree with animal rights protests. Very Happy
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2009 at 12:24pm
Toasty:
that's what a protest is, it's purpose is to be horrificly over the top to grab peoples attention, war protest anyone

No.
Protests do not have to involve extremism. They do not have to be shocking. They do not have to be offensive. Gandhi, anyone?

The purpose of a protest is to express opposition to something. There's no hard and fast rule that you have to do it in a certain way, so what PETA do is certainly not 'normal' or the essence of a true protest.
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
February 20th, 2009 at 12:51am
i started to eat meat again yesterday
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
February 20th, 2009 at 09:40am
mansonxgd16x:
i started to eat meat again yesterday

For why ? ?