AuthorMessage
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 13th, 2006 at 12:18pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
AutoPilot-SkyTower:
anti. Even though it doesn't abide by the constitution I think we should test on murderers or people charged of rape.
See, I think they (the UN) were on to something when they wrote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and said you can't do stuff like that to people, criminal or no. Humans are humans. Cosmetic testing on animals is foolish and wrong, but there are dozens of good things that come of medical testing on animals.
I really can't understand this--the connection between humans and other humans is one of the strongest bonds any human can ever experience, yet so often I see people putting the life of an animal over a human life.

People and animals can have strong bonds too. Would I put my cats before another person? Most likely not? Before me, depending ont he situation, I might.
I agree with that, and it is hard not to see animals as human sometimes (like when my dog hides in my lap during thunderstorms, like a child). But to reject animal testing altogether is absurd. It can save animal and human lives. To place human testing over it as a better alternative, whether said humans are criminal or not...that's insane. No other animal would do that to their own kind...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 12:33pm
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
AutoPilot-SkyTower:
anti. Even though it doesn't abide by the constitution I think we should test on murderers or people charged of rape.
See, I think they (the UN) were on to something when they wrote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and said you can't do stuff like that to people, criminal or no. Humans are humans. Cosmetic testing on animals is foolish and wrong, but there are dozens of good things that come of medical testing on animals.
I really can't understand this--the connection between humans and other humans is one of the strongest bonds any human can ever experience, yet so often I see people putting the life of an animal over a human life.

People and animals can have strong bonds too. Would I put my cats before another person? Most likely not? Before me, depending ont he situation, I might.
I agree with that, and it is hard not to see animals as human sometimes (like when my dog hides in my lap during thunderstorms, like a child). But to reject animal testing altogether is absurd. It can save animal and human lives. To place human testing over it as a better alternative, whether said humans are criminal or not...that's insane. No other animal would do that to their own kind...

I agree, Sadly animal testing is the only option we have for medical Science right now, maybe in the future we wont need it, but as of now we do. It isnt fair to them, but people come first. How could people help animals if we all die of disease?
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
July 17th, 2006 at 06:57am
I have looked at both sides of the story and I believe that animal testing for medical reasons is a good thing. I know that most if not all of mthe scientists involved take utmost care to ensure that the animals are well looked after. We could find cures for cancer, AIDS etc in the next few decades if we continue. Sadly, groups like SPEAK and the ALF insist on terrorising scientists and their families.

www.pro-test.org.uk/ is an awesome site, go there! Laurie Pycroft is a hero.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 17th, 2006 at 05:04pm
Well, it's wrong. I think they should find a way to accurately test products using computers and technology. Don't waste a living thing's life, for Man's own greedy reasons.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 17th, 2006 at 05:06pm
Well, it's wrong. I think they should find a way to accurately test products using computers and technology. Don't waste a living thing's life, for Man's own greedy reasons.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 05:08pm
Rockaholic380:

Right, because a computer is the same as a living creature.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 18th, 2006 at 02:44pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Rockaholic380:

I never said it was.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 18th, 2006 at 02:45pm
Rockaholic380:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Rockaholic380:

I never said it was.
I just think that if they found a technological way to test products WITHOUT hurting a creature, that would be great.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 18th, 2006 at 02:50pm
Rockaholic380:
Rockaholic380:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Rockaholic380:

I never said it was.
I just think that if they found a technological way to test products WITHOUT hurting a creature, that would be great.

it would be great, but as of now we can't.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 18th, 2006 at 05:53pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Rockaholic380:
Rockaholic380:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Rockaholic380:

I never said it was.

it would be great, but as of now we can't.

many people would be dead now if they didnt test on animals me included,
Music to my ears
Idiot
Music to my ears
July 19th, 2006 at 09:35am
animal testing is a cruel thing right?
but isn't killing animals even worse?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 19th, 2006 at 09:55am
Music to my ears:
animal testing is a cruel thing right?
but isn't killing animals even worse?

Alot of animal testing does result in killing animals, or deforming them.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 21st, 2006 at 07:25am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
AutoPilot-SkyTower:

I agree, Sadly animal testing is the only option we have for medical Science right now, maybe in the future we wont need it, but as of now we do. It isnt fair to them, but people come first. How could people help animals if we all die of disease?

its not the only option, there are other methods that are actually more reliable. besides, a lot of drugs, like penicillin, wouldnt have been used if tested on animals, coz its toxic to them
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 21st, 2006 at 11:00am
anti-christ of suburbia:

its not the only option, there are other methods that are actually more reliable. besides, a lot of drugs, like penicillin, wouldnt have been used if tested on animals, coz its toxic to them

Are you going to talk about these other methods or just say they exist. Sources? Proof? Be specific.

And Actually, my cat just took penicillin for her Mansitis infection. Every species of animal is not allergic penicillin, animal testing is the best thing we have right now, rather you're going to admitt it or not.
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
January 2nd, 2007 at 05:12pm
Why should an animal suffer and die for a beauty product
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2007 at 07:23pm
I love CHURTLES!!:
Why should an animal suffer and die for a beauty product

Why should a human suffer and die because we have no cure to cancer? They shouldn't. Animal testing is a valuable tool in finding the cure to cancer and other disorders. Its more than just testing out lipstick.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
January 3rd, 2007 at 12:29pm
I don't trust animal testing.

I mean, okay it saves lives yadda yadda yadda but it's like...I dunno...how do you know that one species is gonna react in the same way as another? Not every medicine and not every chemical will react the same way with mice as humans.

I'd rather tempt prisoners with it so they could get more luxuries. File but that'd be against Human Rights or something.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 3rd, 2007 at 12:47pm
I don't like animal testing. At all.

But, I was just wondering, what test animal products if animal testing is not allowed.

So I guess for products specifically for animals, it's OK.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
January 3rd, 2007 at 02:21pm
What if the effects on humans aren't the same as effects on the animals the products were tested on??
Actually I don't think that there were any mistakes but it could happen...
savetheredneckcow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
savetheredneckcow

Mibba
January 7th, 2007 at 02:47pm
The people that test products on animals should burn in hell!!!!
Register