Are your beliefs yours????

AuthorMessage
Buddy Christ
Falling In Love With The Board
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 26th, 2006 at 12:20am
my believe is mine in religon and poitics.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
April 26th, 2006 at 07:46am
my fanily belives in god ( well i dont think my brother does)
my parents voted for, bush, but they KINDA wished they voted for kerry. pssh. im for bush
Bubble Wrap.
Geek
Bubble Wrap.

Mibba Blog
April 27th, 2006 at 10:21am
personal choice.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 28th, 2006 at 07:40pm
My beliefs are the converted thoughts of my peers, teachers, enemies and hero's

everything affects the way I think because I do not live in a box.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 28th, 2006 at 08:44pm
My dad influenced my beliefs a LOT!
DirntyGirl101
Geek
DirntyGirl101
April 29th, 2006 at 04:47pm
my beliefs are personal, i do go to church every sunday but there are times when my religion gets in the way with what i want to do, in the end im still a christian but im not a hardcore christian. i have hardcore christian friends and they are too judgmental, it's annoying!!!!!!!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
June 1st, 2006 at 04:04pm
My parents influenced me in politics. My parents are republican and so am I. They like Bush I like Bush(Ya, you read it right!). But when I watch the news it totally makes sense as to what my parents say.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
June 1st, 2006 at 11:15pm
My parents brough me up in christ. But my whole family drifted. It was new information and being touched by Christ that brought me back.

It is my own
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
June 2nd, 2006 at 08:11pm
Handguns For Hearts:
Every one of my beliefs are mine.
Same
Kitti
Kitti
June 2nd, 2006 at 09:10pm
Handguns For Hearts:

You live in a box and are completely isolated from ALL outside influence that might shape your opinions or beliefs?
I doubt that.
You may make your own decisions, but do you realize the impact that the media, current events, and other people have on those decisions?
The information you receive every day has a huge impact on your beliefs, and it isn't really anything anyone analyzes.

For example, I believe that the sky is blue. Blue is just a word, but the concept of blue I have seen over and over through my life and it happens to be a certain distinct hue. A comparison between that particular hue and the sky leads me to believe that the sky is blue. HOWEVER, blue is a word that describes a color. If I'd always been shown that bluish color but with it called "green" I'd probably say that I believe that the sky is green.

(Do you follow my analogy?)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 2nd, 2006 at 09:21pm
Kitti:
Handguns For Hearts:

You live in a box and are completely isolated from ALL outside influence that might shape your opinions or beliefs?
I doubt that.
You may make your own decisions, but do you realize the impact that the media, current events, and other people have on those decisions?
The information you receive every day has a huge impact on your beliefs, and it isn't really anything anyone analyzes.

For example, I believe that the sky is blue. Blue is just a word, but the concept of blue I have seen over and over through my life and it happens to be a certain distinct hue. A comparison between that particular hue and the sky leads me to believe that the sky is blue. HOWEVER, blue is a word that describes a color. If I'd always been shown that bluish color but with it called "green" I'd probably say that I believe that the sky is green.

even if she said yeah I live in a box, she used the term box with is just a name that has been given to a certain object, so she would have been influenced into the box way of thinking Shifty
Matty.
Matty.
June 3rd, 2006 at 05:29am
Kitti:
Handguns For Hearts:

I doubt that.

If you want to get that technical then there is no point in this topic or this discussion because everybody in the world would answer no
SpiderPig
Idiot
SpiderPig
June 5th, 2006 at 10:52am
My beliefs well in a sense i guess you could say on the part my parents as they asked if i wanted to go a Catholic school i agreed open minded i knew i was Catholic and for some reason did believe something going on there. Im a catholic and now since going to that school i probably know more about the religion then anyone else since going to the school for what 6 years i have been through stages of yes no yes no yes no debating it but believeing that something is there i dont know wat but i believe something is there and their wa deiffinatly a Jesus Christ his name has been on record when he was born the "story" is in way to much detail to say Jesus didnt excist i find the whole religion questionable but interesting and beliveable. some parts i dont believe such as Adam ad Eve i dont believe there has been proof of evolution so i dont belive in Adam and eve and all the crap about not haveing sex before marrage.

Political views my own i hate all these politions thinking their making our countries better their really not if anything their destroying how we live and turning all countries against each other killing thousands of innocent people with the things they suggest they should put into action for example the NHS people should pay for which at the moment here is 100% free but they are thinking of making people pay, people cant afford to pay if they could theyd go private in the long run thousands of people would suffer because they have no money to get any treatment. its a bunch of nonesence to put it liightly if we dont like it we should fight it not go with it and be a victim of something we dont like to hel with politions there ruining our world and causing hell all over the world.

I AM OPENMINDED TO OTHER PEOPLES BELIEFS AND I RESPECT THEM THIS IS JUST MINE AND IN SOME CASES THEY MAKE ME THINK AND OPEN MY MIND EVEN MORE INTO THE PROSPECTS OF LIFE FOR EXAMPLE I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT TABOOS AND HOW WE HIDE BEHIND THEM UNTIL TWO DAYS AGO WHEN MY FRIEND WAS TALKING TO ME HE WAS SAYING ALL THIS STUFF ABOUT TABOOS AND HOW ITS STUPID AND SOMETHING WE HIDE BEHIND BECAUSE SOCIETY HAS MADE US BELIVE ALOT OF THINGS ARE WRONG AND NOT REALLY GIVEN US A CHOICE TO DO WHAT WE WANT TO DO THAT REALLY OPENED MY MIND AND I BELIEVE IN THAT NOW ALOT.... sorry about caps abuse
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 31st, 2006 at 12:44am
My personal choice. I choose not to believe anything. I am basically surrounded by Christians and Catholics, but I choose to be Atheist.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
July 31st, 2006 at 07:47am
I'm a Catholic,I belive in it, but I'm not vary pious.
I'm not pushie when it comes to others-they can belive or not belive in W/E. And I don't care if they're Bi/Gay/straight...it's not my life it's thier's and it's more true to REAL Christianity to accept all peoples and treat them respect and love dispite they're diffrent life style or Faith.
I belive that if your a good person, you show generositiy and love twards others, and your not a douche bag you can go to heaven.
All that crap about how only if your a Christian or a certin type of Christian you can go to heaven but the rest of the world can't is bull.
Because then there was no point for Christ to "die for all man's sin's so we can have internal Life"(aka Heavan) if only a small fraction can go there.
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
November 3rd, 2006 at 04:11pm
my beliefs are all mine
my parents influenced me in that im not prejudiced against anyone, but otherwise my beliefs are not influenced by anyone or anything
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 5th, 2006 at 08:14pm
Well, growing up I want to church every weekend. And I still do. And I'm planning on going to church when I'm on my own. So, I guess, you could say it is my own belief. But with politics.....that's another story. See, my parents are really in to politics. They are Repulblican and so I grew up hating Democrats and Liberals. I grew up believing everything Republicans did. Now that I'm older I watch the news and I'm always up to date with the latest things. I am still very much Republican and Conservative. I'm 18 now and I registered to vote. So, on Tuesday it will be my first time voting. I already knew which candidates I was voting for (straight Republican). But once my dad was talking to me about politics, telling everything about each side. He had a lot of bad stuff to tell me about the Democrats. He told me to vote Republican because we needed all the votes we could get. That kind of pissed me off because he was telling me which way to vote. And even though I going to vote that way; he shouldn't be telling me how to vote. I'm old enough to decide for myself. So, I guess you could say that my political views aren't my own. I'm just following my parents. Most people are what their parents were and I'm one of those people.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 6th, 2006 at 01:39pm
TuesdayNightAtWinchell's!:
Most people are what their parents were and I'm one of those people.

Oh, me too.
I guess you could call me a filthy brainwashed liberal because, yep, thats my parents through and through. I wasn't brought up to hate anyone though. They didn't instill any dogmas in me, I just turned out that way.
If I planned on breeding I would probably do the same for my children, but I don't, so we'll leave it at that.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 7th, 2006 at 10:46pm
Bloodraine:
TuesdayNightAtWinchell's!:
Most people are what their parents were and I'm one of those people.

Oh, me too.
I guess you could call me a filthy brainwashed liberal because, yep, thats my parents through and through. I wasn't brought up to hate anyone though. They didn't instill any dogmas in me, I just turned out that way.
If I planned on breeding I would probably do the same for my children, but I don't, so we'll leave it at that.

I mean I don't hate all Democrats or Liberals. I mean I don't hate Green Day because of their political views, I don't hate you(I can't really hate someone if I don't know them), I have lots of friends who are democrat and most of my family is democrat, but I don't hate them. I just don't agree with them and sometimes the things they say really really annoy me!
Ghostie.
Geek
Ghostie.

Blog
January 6th, 2007 at 11:58pm
Pretty much my own. I mean, my parents are like, liberal democrats, but, they're kind of odd. And, my friend kind of showed me the Wiccan and Spiritualistic outlook on life, but, I developed a deep intrest in it myself.
Register