King For A Couple Of Days
Jordyn
November 14th, 2005 at 10:16pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I still love them. And the C.D. I'm just sick of people. Everyone at my school thinks I'm not a really Green Day fan because according to them the only 'real' fans no longer like them. :/ I'm not sick of them, I'm sick of their teenie fans.
Exactly. Because if you were a 'true fan', you'd think they were sellouts. Rolling Eyes

Since when was it about being sellouts?
Why can't it just be about the music?

Exactly! Becuase fans don't like them

Wait.... what?
Huh.............................
No, the 'true fans' have been around since Dookie came out. And if you're a 'true fan', you'd think they were sellouts. I've been a fan since as far back as I can remember (Thank God for older sisters) and I don't think they're sellouts. People are just morons.

Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is the people who are like 'I'm a real Green Day fan' don't like them any more. Which wouldn't make them fans.
Yeah, I've gotten MORE into them since AI, but I've always liked them. I stole Dookie when my brother got it.
Actually, I think I'm more sick of that. Hearing people bitch about how they sold out. lol
Yeah. People are morons. I'd always listen to Green Day with my older sister. That's how I got into them.

But I agree. Those 'real fans' aren't even fans anymore. (The majority of them)
Sapphire!
Jackass
Sapphire!
November 14th, 2005 at 10:38pm
I hate all those "real" fans too. Bull fucking shit they're real fans.
They just stereotype anyone who likes American Idiot is a teenie... still.
After all this "teenie" shit was dealt with a year ago.
And they go on about the sellout/mainstream crap.
Maybe they're too much of a dumbass to realize they "sold out" in 1994.

Well, I like American Idiot, so I guess I'm not a real fan to them.
But if we're gonna play the labeling game, then I don't think they're considered a real fan to me,
because I think that you shouldn't care if they are "sell outs"
or let their publicity judge whether you like them or not.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
November 14th, 2005 at 10:40pm
Sapphire.:

But if we're gonna play the labeling game, then I don't think they're considered a real fan to me,
I bitched a kid out today after calling Green Day sellouts. I hate that term. It doesn't fucking exhist to me.

And he said "Well that damn leadsinger has nasty teeth" and I grabbed his face and opened his mouth and said "you have nasty teeth". And he just walked away Cool

Green Day = awesome x 209384 after BIAB
Jordyn
Jordyn
November 14th, 2005 at 11:07pm
iamkiller:
Sapphire.:

I bitched a kid out today after calling Green Day sellouts. I hate that term. It doesn't fucking exhist to me.

And he said "Well that damn leadsinger has nasty teeth" and I grabbed his face and opened his mouth and said "you have nasty teeth". And he just walked away Cool

Green Day = awesome x 209384 after BIAB
Listen to these people kids, they're smart. Cool
® Billie Joe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
® Billie Joe
November 15th, 2005 at 12:34am
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:
I still love them. And the C.D. I'm just sick of people. Everyone at my school thinks I'm not a really Green Day fan because according to them the only 'real' fans no longer like them. :/ I'm not sick of them, I'm sick of their teenie fans.
Exactly. Because if you were a 'true fan', you'd think they were sellouts. Rolling Eyes

Hail:
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
November 15th, 2005 at 12:48am
® Billie Joe:
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Hail:
*hails with*
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
November 15th, 2005 at 01:13am
Well, I'm still in love with the album greatly. I'm a bit tired of BOBD and WMUWSE (sorry, really not in the mood to type right now), but the rest of it, still good. Yeah, some days, I won't play it at all. It all depends on what mood you are in. As the band, or Mike rather, has said, this album is a bit more dark than the rest of them. I guess you have to be in a more of a dark kind of mood to listen to it. Thus, I have been listening to it alot lately. Each one is different. Nimrod is when you just feel like letting everything out and Dookie is when you just.....ugh. Moods. It's all moods. I like it!

Sorry, off topic there. lol. I've heard longview thousands of times, and I'm not tired of it at all! Now....when I first got superhits, I played Warning constantly and couldn't stand the song for a while. Then, I learned it on bass, started listening to it again, and I'm in love with it again, but I'm aware when I'm playing it too much.

As I've said with ANY band: If you feel as if you've heard a song too many times and don't get that same feeling as when you love it, go on a (I hate the analogy here) starvation diet of the song, then when you listen to it again, your body will capture it as if you are going to do it again, and it will have full effect.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
November 15th, 2005 at 12:42pm
I didn't listen to it for 4 months O.o It helped, I wasn't all tht sick and tired of it after that...
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
November 15th, 2005 at 12:47pm
Well, I'm starting to fall in love with AI again because it reminds me of Milton Keynes. But I have never liked it as much as Nimrod or Insomniac.
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 23rd, 2005 at 04:30pm
Be My Catastrophe:
Good CD. Too bad MTV and mainstream ruined it. You couldn't say 'I like Green Day' without people saying, "OMG!!!!!! OMG M3 211!1! OMG WTF MAH FAVORIET SONG IS WAEK ME UP WH3N S3PTEMBR IS1!111!!! WTF LOL BILY JO IS SO HOT!11!!1!1 OMG LOL" It got rather annoying. If MTV and mainstream didn't hop all over it, it'd be great.

Fuck, I know exactly what you mean. I hate when people three years younger than me think that AI is their first album & proceed to tell me how much more they love Green Day then me.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 23rd, 2005 at 05:20pm
Be My Catastrophe:
Good CD. Too bad MTV and mainstream ruined it. You couldn't say 'I like Green Day' without people saying, "OMG!!!!!! OMG M3 211!1! OMG WTF MAH FAVORIET SONG IS WAEK ME UP WH3N S3PTEMBR IS1!111!!! WTF LOL BILY JO IS SO HOT!11!!1!1 OMG LOL" It got rather annoying. If MTV and mainstream didn't hop all over it, it'd be great.

lmfao You know, everyone always says people say that. But of all the "teenie boppers" I've met [and I've met quite a few] none of them have EVER spoken like that lmfao
And yes my opinions have completly changed. Used to love them. Now I...don't. At all.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 23rd, 2005 at 05:23pm
question_everything:
http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=33070&start=0

that's ^ similar-ish.

ZOMG My thread Retard
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 23rd, 2005 at 05:40pm
TreIsCool32:
® Billie Joe:
Be My Catastrophe:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Hail:
*hails with*

Hail: times 473473843784.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 23rd, 2005 at 07:02pm
Define a true fan anyway Rolling Eyes

There is no such thing really. I don't think there is anyway.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
November 23rd, 2005 at 07:09pm
Holy Hell,I'm a Teenie.:
yes. I can't stand it anymore...
I'm glad it's popular because it's super good but... I've been ignoring GD lately.

But I remember how in love with AI I was.
I miss it in a way... ah good times Wink

same here. now when they come on I change the channel cause it's boring.
Kira
Jackass
Kira
November 23rd, 2005 at 08:03pm
Personally, I like AI a lot more now than I did when it came out. I really don't know why, though.
Ilse
Ilse
November 23rd, 2005 at 08:07pm
Not really, I've liked them for 10 years now...
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 23rd, 2005 at 08:29pm
hobo with a box:
Holy Hell,I'm a Teenie.:
yes. I can't stand it anymore...
I'm glad it's popular because it's super good but... I've been ignoring GD lately.

But I remember how in love with AI I was.
I miss it in a way... ah good times Wink

same here. now when they come on I change the channel cause it's boring.

I still get super hyper when they come on TV.
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
November 23rd, 2005 at 11:06pm
Bamboozler:
Whenever I hear an old Green Day song on the radio or see an old video I get way more excited than when I see stuff from American Idiot. Too overdone.
josh_oliday23
Geek
josh_oliday23
November 23rd, 2005 at 11:17pm
I loved it when I first heard American Idiot, then Boulevard of Broken dreams, got the CD, listened to it in secret (my parents wouldn't let me have any songs with the f word but now they really don't care), learned all the words, freaked out anytime a song came on (still do...I can't wait til all the kids hear Jesus of Suburbia for the first time) listened to the CD over and over and over and over and over...I estimate I've listened to it over 500 times. I never got sick of it and probably never will. I don't care how many "teenies" like it cuz I don't care what they like or do. Basically my feelings have gotten even more enthusiastic about the CD as the year has gone by. I have even dedicated my journal to breaking down each line of the story of the album and anticipating the next Green Day album (hopefully a sequel) whenever it may come out. Flame me, agree with me, disagree, whatever. American Idiot rules and it will always come first with me.
Register