AuthorMessage
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 7th, 2006 at 07:12pm
jimmydied2day:
Jimmy's Kid:
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
Well it's been about a year since American Idiot was released! Do you think your ... "feelings"... for lack of a better word... have changed at all? I remember for the first 6 months after the CD came out, I would freak out every time a song came on the radio or they preformed on TV I would tape it... now I usually change the station and half pay attention when they're on TV. What about you guys?

*sigh* yeah, i'm exactly the same, i used to flip out every time their songs came on or they were on tv, but now.....it's just so overdone. I've seen like every song on tv, the radio has killed some of them, and I've seen them live (it was fucking amazing!). So now there's like nothing new, its all old now. I have a feeling, though, that once they release their next cd i'll start flipping out again, but i do think that AI has been a bit overdone (but i can understand it, AI like took over, literally, and they worked their asses off for it so....)

i totally agree jimmy's kid

OMFGZ JIMMY!
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
January 7th, 2006 at 07:14pm
Viva La Stupid:
RockNRollHighSchool:
Viva La Stupid:
RockNRollHighSchool:
just because they wear eyeliner they are emo? Whats so bad with being emo anyway, I never really got the concept. I don't get why everyone keeps putting labels on them when most people supposivly 'hate' labels here. I just think Green Day is Green Day I don't even bother to label them.

they label themselves (GD)

other than that Clap

Why even bother label themselves because everyone else is gonna call them something else anyway and thats where we get the 'Is Green Day really punk?' thread and stuff like that

but almost every interview billie always says how "punk" they are

yeah i've noticed that to. I dunno why he has to say it a million times if he truly thinks hes punk
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
January 7th, 2006 at 07:14pm
well durr.:
RockNRollHighSchool:
just because they wear eyeliner they are emo? Whats so bad with being emo anyway, I never really got the concept. I don't get why everyone keeps putting labels on them when most people supposivly 'hate' labels here. I just think Green Day is Green Day I don't even bother to label them.

me too.
But what the fuck is it with the eyeliner???
You've got to be fucking kidding me.
I am emo.
So, yeah, i don't think they're anything wrong with it either.
But he's 33, and he wears eyeliner!
Am i the only one that thinks thats strange?

middle age crisis
well.durr__hXc™
King For A Couple Of Days
well.durr__hXc™
January 7th, 2006 at 07:16pm
RockNRollHighSchool:
well durr.:
RockNRollHighSchool:

me too.
I am emo.

middle age crisis

lmfao
i thought that was like at...40?
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
January 7th, 2006 at 07:19pm
well durr.:
RockNRollHighSchool:
well durr.:
RockNRollHighSchool:

me too.
I am emo.

middle age crisis

lmfao

hes gettin his sooner obviously Cool lmfao
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
January 7th, 2006 at 07:20pm
haven't we seen the warning signs? First king for a day, next the grouch, then dressing up in dresses, now eyeliner, whats next?
Press Darling
Geek
Press Darling

Mibba
January 7th, 2006 at 08:58pm
I still love Green Day, but now I just want the AI craze to end.
Ilse
Ilse
January 7th, 2006 at 09:05pm
I love Green Day as much as I did when I was five.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 7th, 2006 at 09:23pm
death_has_a_shadow:
\

same here
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
January 7th, 2006 at 09:38pm
Viva La Stupid:
death_has_a_shadow:
\

same here

me too
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 8th, 2006 at 07:20am
Im more happy when I see some old vids and songs.I saw brain stew/jaded,longview,stuck with me,good riddance,hitchin a ride,basket case on tv the other day and I was very happy!
DateLine
Idiot
DateLine
January 8th, 2006 at 07:30am
I used to freak out too when anythign A.I. came on radio or T.V., now though, it's still good and I'll listen but it's not the same excitement. I love hearing older stuff though, because I'll freak out and be all 'Good grief there playing '_insert old Green Day song here_' no one ever plays this song!. woop!

When they get there new stuff out though, if it is the same theme as A.I. the media will kill it again.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
January 8th, 2006 at 07:36am
I still love them the same. I just dont like it when everyone comes up to me and says that they love American Idiot and its a great debut album Neutral Fuxors.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
January 8th, 2006 at 08:34am
I <3 You:
I still love them the same. I just dont like it when everyone comes up to me and says that they love American Idiot and its a great debut album Neutral Fuxors.
Haha. the name "Emma Oldridge" Springs To mind.

In a way, even though I've liked them for years, I know that I've become more obsessed with them since American Idiot came out. I don't know what it is, really. I mean the only song I really like off American Idiot is JOS. So its weird..
Buckfast Wine.
Buckfast Wine.
January 8th, 2006 at 09:14am
Holy Hell,I'm a Teenie.:
yes. I can't stand it anymore...
I'm glad it's popular because it's super good but... I've been ignoring GD lately.

But I remember how in love with AI I was.
I miss it in a way... ah good times Wink
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 8th, 2006 at 09:31am
i flipout when they come on the radio, because its like a reflex now, but when old songs come on i flip out because im happy there not playing BOBD again. i still like some of their new songs but the older stuff is much better in my opinion. the other day i was telling my sister that i will be happy when the AI hype is over, because im tired of all the tennies and the radio stations only playing new stuff. i kinda want it to go back to the days when people , how do i put it, not that they didnt care about GD but that they werent as interested in them as other bands. im kinda afraid for the new CD to come out, im not sure why, probably because i wish they would make it like their old stuff but they probably wont because of the success of AI.
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 8th, 2006 at 09:33am
RockNRollHighSchool:
well durr.:
RockNRollHighSchool:
well durr.:
RockNRollHighSchool:

me too.
I am emo.

middle age crisis

lmfao

hes gettin his sooner obviously Cool lmfao

lmfao
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
January 8th, 2006 at 10:59am
eberneezer_egghead:
I <3 You:
Haha. the name "Emma Oldridge" Springs To mind.

In a way, even though I've liked them for years, I know that I've become more obsessed with them since American Idiot came out. I don't know what it is, really. I mean the only song I really like off American Idiot is JOS. So its weird..
Yeah. Oh I really love American Idiot the album. Its great. But Ive always liked/loved Green Day, but after American Idiot came out, it kinda just reminded just how amazing they are.
Ilse
Ilse
January 8th, 2006 at 11:10am
I love Green Day as much as I did when I was five.

I'm just sick and tired of the American Idiot insanity.

(Sure! We hate propaganda, but we're going to market ourselves in every form!"
ILoveTheSpiceGirls
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ILoveTheSpiceGirls
January 8th, 2006 at 11:41am
Well... When American Idiot came out I HATED Green Day. They kept beating blink-182. But around... May? Around May I came around. I dunno. They're not played AS much as they used to be... I don't change the station or anything.
Register