Time travel

AuthorMessage
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
January 5th, 2006 at 09:19am
i'm for it...i'd love time travel. and i think that some day, some way we'll find a way to travel back or forward in time.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 5th, 2006 at 01:55pm
i would like to travel back in time to see if hitler was really the mad person we are all led to believe.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 5th, 2006 at 02:37pm
I believe it could happen.
+Brain-Stew+
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
+Brain-Stew+
January 6th, 2006 at 12:02am
I spose it could work in years to comeProbably happen when we least expect it
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 6th, 2006 at 01:44am
tre_cool_is_god:
i would like to travel back in time to see if hitler was really the mad person we are all led to believe.
but by doing that... you could be the one who made him mad! OMG YOU MADE HITLER GO CRAZY!!! i mean, sorry. but yeah, maybe, if you went back in time then he saw you and thought you were an alien and then he went mad because of that. but it would be okay, IF you could go there as a.... ghost? well, you know what i mean, so no one could see hear feel or smell you. so you were just there to observe. that would be fine. but i seriously dont think THAT is possible. and ever will be.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2006 at 07:55am
Poison Fish:
tre_cool_is_god:
but by doing that... you could be the one who made him mad! OMG YOU MADE HITLER GO CRAZY!!! i mean, sorry. but yeah, maybe, if you went back in time then he saw you and thought you were an alien and then he went mad because of that. but it would be okay, IF you could go there as a.... ghost? well, you know what i mean, so no one could see hear feel or smell you. so you were just there to observe. that would be fine. but i seriously dont think THAT is possible. and ever will be.

I don't think that would ever be possible...but if it was I might start to think Time Travel is not all negative. Imagine how interesting that would be...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 6th, 2006 at 09:54am
Bloodraine:
Poison Fish:
tre_cool_is_god:

I don't think that would ever be possible...but if it was I might start to think Time Travel is not all negative. Imagine how interesting that would be...

Yeah but people also said that "flight travel" wasnt possible. And they also said that man could never walk on the moon.
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
January 6th, 2006 at 10:44am
How many thing are we going to find and esplore, but we can't now even imagine them?

Oh and by the way, the marcians will attack the earth.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 6th, 2006 at 04:33pm
~ Christie ~:
How many thing are we going to find and esplore, but we can't now even imagine them?

Oh and by the way, the marcians will attack the earth.

I don't know what you're even talking about, so I' going to just tal about what I do know...which is that there probably aren't any Martians, hun. It's a barren wasteland of a planet. There may one have been Martians, and there may be organisms in its ice, but there's nothing capable of sapceflight on the Red Planet.
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
January 6th, 2006 at 05:53pm
Do you BELIEVE Science ? O_o
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 6th, 2006 at 06:05pm
Bloodraine:
Poison Fish:
tre_cool_is_god:

that would be...a very positive thing. all faults in history would be cleared up. and then... one could also go back and see how the world first begun. and how humans came to be etc. but. they could also very well invade someones privacy..
but besides that, i dont think it'd be possible for someone, travelling either back or forward, to go "oh, i want to go back and find out what it was like in 1932" and then go back to that exact year. to be able to specifically choose the date you are to go to... just doesnt seem possible to me at all.
Spun-out-in-my-room
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Spun-out-in-my-room
January 6th, 2006 at 07:06pm
i dunno.....see if you went backwards or forwards in time you could accidently create a new time 'thread' or sequence of events that tie together the world. kinda like the butterfly effect theory. if that was possible; several timelines would exist meaning that no one person's life is really tied to the world in the same way as another's. see what i mean?
Spun-out-in-my-room
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Spun-out-in-my-room
January 6th, 2006 at 07:10pm
also you never know where you'd end up. see if you were transported to the same place/different time the surrounding areas could have changed. In harry potter apperating requires that you don't leave part of you behind when u telelport; what happens if parts of you were stuck in different times? or if you transported into a wall or something, if you do ONE thing wrong you could screw up the entire planet.
Spun-out-in-my-room
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Spun-out-in-my-room
January 6th, 2006 at 07:11pm
OR, if you teleport back maybe that was already in the past or future; and it was expected. a lot of this has to do with destiny or fate.
fender
Geek
fender
January 7th, 2006 at 05:12pm
Robot:
I believe it is possible....I actually...believe it happens to people all the time unkowingly......in a sense.
like.......i have layed down trying to sleep......and it seems like an hour goes by in just a few seconds and i'm still awake. you know what i mean?? There are other little things like this that make it seem like we do time travel.
i think if we can purposely travel through time it will be good and bad.....depending on who is the one travelling...where they are going...what they are doign there. etc...

no that isnt travelling in time...that is a realtivity theory, did you know that if you travel fast enough time oes slower?
fender
Geek
fender
January 7th, 2006 at 05:12pm
Robot:
I believe it is possible....I actually...believe it happens to people all the time unkowingly......in a sense.
like.......i have layed down trying to sleep......and it seems like an hour goes by in just a few seconds and i'm still awake. you know what i mean?? There are other little things like this that make it seem like we do time travel.
i think if we can purposely travel through time it will be good and bad.....depending on who is the one travelling...where they are going...what they are doign there. etc...

no that isnt travelling in time...that is a realtivity theory, did you know that if you travel fast enough time goes slower?
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 8th, 2006 at 08:24pm
This is starting to get away from reality and the realm of practical science and is delving into a fantasy genre.
Harry Potter is not proof, it's not a basis for theory, it's fiction. With major holes in it, by the way.

Basically, time travel isn't possible because of the amount of energy it would require and the fact that we (as humans) can only really move freely through tangible dimensions. That is, the three spatial dimensions.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
January 8th, 2006 at 08:54pm
paradoxical:
This is starting to get away from reality and the realm of practical science and is delving into a fantasy genre.
Harry Potter is not proof, it's not a basis for theory, it's fiction. With major holes in it, by the way.

Basically, time travel isn't possible because of the amount of energy it would require and the fact that we (as humans) can only really move freely through tangible dimensions. That is, the three spatial dimensions.
i believe s/he was only using harry potter as an example. because.. maybe we cant exactly.. teleport. to another time or place. but if we were to travel through a worm hole. worm holes are opening and closing every minute. but if we were to go through a wormhole, but only get half way through and then it closed on us. what would happen, would some poor child find a severed leg sitting in the middle of the park while on the other side a man is rushed to hospital. because of blood loss?

and yeah, at the moment we can only move freely through 3 dimensions and i mean.. if we were able to travel at the speed of light we'd explode and die. but we dont know what they will/could do in the future to change that.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 08:22am
dirtyhippie:
[QUOTE="MikeLover, pal, you've convinced me. I'm going to take a swim in the Bermuda Triangle and see what happens.
Shocked Whoa I never said to go take a swim there! All I'm saying is there's also been sightings of ships that have disappeared and reappeared hundreds of years later. For example there have been reported sightings of old day 16th spanish ships...Sailing from out of nowhere Shocked
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 03:04pm
I think that it might be possible, but not something that anyone should do for the smiple fact that it can screw up History..in BIG ways
Register